• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NV and thermal kills...

Few recent pictures, don't tend to take as many I used to.

Attachments

• 41533.jpeg
    41533.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 42565.jpeg
    42565.jpeg
    476.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Snapchat-489143454.jpg
    Snapchat-489143454.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: TACC
What 22 cal do you guys recommend? Super Yoter just arrived and I don't have anything to put it on. Stick it on a current 223? Build a 224v upper? Build a 22cm ar10? Also what tripods do you recommend?

E77A919F-2004-424C-B6C6-B328D3D50648.jpeg

Biggest gripe about the NOX is not having a video recording feature.

Last night about 5 coyotes showed up. 4 wouldn’t get within 300y of me (my hard stop limit is 250y in real world conditions. I’m shooting .223 75gr GDHP out of a 12.5”)

The call was about 100y in front of me. I would see them walk up parallel to it about 200y on either side. Look around. Listen. Then turn around and trot away. Any tips?

The one in the picture was dumb enough to come in from behind me at about 100y and got whacked.

Last edited:
View attachment 7806830

Last night about 5 coyotes showed up. 4 wouldn’t get within 300y of me (my hard stop limit is 250y in real world conditions. I’m shooting .223 75gr GDHP out of a 12.5”)

The call was about 100y in front of me. I would see them walk up parallel to it about 200y on either side. Look around. Listen. Then turn around and trot away. Any tips?

The one in the picture was dumb enough to come in from behind me at about 100y and got whacked.
Do you havesome type of decoy?

View attachment 7806830

Get closer.
Pick a stand location that's closer to them next time.
If they don't commit, they smelled or heard you.
I'm guessing the unlucky one that came from behind was upwind ?
Good job none the less.

View attachment 7806830

How long of a run time are you getting off the rechargeable 18650?

How long of a run time are you getting off the rechargeable 18650?
At least 7-8 hours of constant on. Never fully drained it but it lasts a long time for my purposes. I wouldn’t have any issues going on two hunts without a recharge in between.

Reactions: BamaSE
Get closer.
Pick a stand location that's closer to them next time.
If they don't commit, they smelled or heard you.
I'm guessing the unlucky one that came from behind was upwind ?
Good job none the less.
Gotcha. Must have been wind. The one I shot was upwind of me.

First kill of the 2022 night season. Got to break in the Nomad Ti and the DA Obsidian 9…..this one took 2 .308 shots to the neck as my buddy and I fired simultaneously….then still had to put a 9mm the head in for the coup de gras.

C76E8CDF-429A-4F1A-B42F-99929EDA9C9A.jpeg

Last night’s victim. First one that fell to the new Iray Rico/POF .308 SBR/DA Nomad Ti combo. Really liking the new lightweight rig. Right now it is feeder hogs in the woods. Still a little early for us to start catching them in the open on the newly planted fields.

3F2FD185-7393-4E2B-895C-F8C5C588BE35.jpeg

Reactions: Trailgomer
A friend that I've been tutoring on coyote hunting finally dropped one last night.
This one was called the yapper, as it would run into the next field after being shot at and yap at us afterwards.
Had to stop my friend from taking far shots and missing.
This time we cleared a spot in the hedgerow between both fields, but it wasn't needed, as he let it come in closer and didn't miss.
No more yapping for this male

Coyote.jpg

Reactions: BamaSE
So last night we were hunting a large field on a river floodplain. Deer were pouring out and we kept having to 360 scan just to be sure the piggies were not slipping by us unnoticed.

Behind us about a hundred yards was a drainage area with thick brush, then a field on the other side. My buddy scan across this coyote and thought he had seen a small deer. I swept back just to get a position and thought the same thing. Tail and head were down and he seemed to be grazing plus we were not quiet as we were BSing the whole time. Which doesn’t seem to bother the deer once they get used to us.

Anyways, in the second sweep my buddy says that’s no deer that’s a coyote and he’s moving towards the brush. I just grab the rifle and tripod and get on him. He would not stop moving with my shouts but slowed just enough to squeeze into a thicket. Tree covered the front part of his body so I shot him in the hindquarters. As he flopped I proceeded to miss 3 times before finally putting the kill shot in the boilermaker. All of this with a .308😁

A little later 4 pigs came out. We let them get to a hundred yards before the shot. My buddy got one, I missed mine despite a solid rest and clear shot….have no idea where that bullet went. They ran perpendicular right to left, so across my LOS. I proceeded to miss 6 more times before it was over🤦🏼

I did get to finish off my buddies pig with the coup de gras. So in the end it was a 12 shots to 1.5 kill ratio. We’ll head back out tomorrow night, hopefully the gremlins will have moved on from my rifle as I know it was not me that caused those misses🧐😂

AF8963B8-180F-49B4-AFB3-B7DC2BE10069.jpeg

Last edited:
Out on a date with the Halo LR tonight. Deer started blowing across the field and tipped us off something was moving in…..thought we might have pigs but this guy popped out. Let him get 120 yards out then whooped to stop him before making the shot. Perfect night, clear and cool with low humidity. Just need the pigs to make their entry…..

25ED417B-B8AC-43CF-8397-BA41FB06E9F7.jpeg

Out tonight with the Iray Rico.
Last weekend we hunted this feeder in the woods at the edge of the marsh and the wind was awful. Blowing hard and due west so we set up as far north as we could in the trees and still see the feeder and not wind the trail we expected this guy to come in on.

Of course he did not get a copy of the script, so he came in on another trail behind us, and got a whiff and bolted. We stuck around and another boar came in from upwind and he wandered through but passed by the feeder without stopping. I was able to get a shot through the trees and a hit on him, but he ran into the marsh and I did not get a recovery.

Fast forward to tonight and the wind was right so we set up watching the trail he busted us on last weekend. Feeder was only 18 yards from us, but we were downwind so we just let him wander all the way in. He took 2 .308s fired simultaneously, both bullets right in the shoulder. And the 9mm coup de gras to finish him off. He was a tough toad.

76A83488-678A-4AA7-BA10-A4F88A736359.jpeg

Reactions: Trailgomer
72F3CB0F-8001-4CDC-A790-DC014B6C809F.jpeg

385 yards. This dummy was in the field for 20 minutes just sitting and watching us. Threw every sound we could at him but wouldn’t commit so went for it and made a lucky shot

Reactions: 260284