• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NV and thermal kills...

Dropped this 39lb female at 279 yards, my furthest coyote kill I can recall.
We called a pair in from a long ways away and they just wouldn't come in any further and sat there looking in our direction.
When they started to get antsy, I took the shot.
I would have some a video, but I didn't have the battery cap tightened all the way and the scope shut down after the shot.
Using the triggerstick monopod as a rear rest really helped steady the rifle.

Lone boar I crossed paths with about 1940 hrs yesterday while I was trying to find a doe I shot.

0488E9D0-C971-422C-AFB8-73CEE770AE26.jpeg

You running the adder?
TS35-384.
It's my backup scope mounted on my 20 practical for hunting in restricted caliber zones in NY state.
This was my first hunt using it and I needed to remember to manually focus it, as I'm used to using the Halo X50.
Great scope, but the control buttons suck, as their not pronounced enough for easy identification and manipulation.
I had no issues with my Thermion scopes, just couldn't find one in the Adders price range.
Several times I ended up shutting the scope off when trying to change palettes and record video, even while wearing really thin gloves.
I'm going to have to add something like silicone to make the buttons more pronounced, as when the weather gets colder, there's no way I'm going to be able to use it with insulated gloves on.
Otherwise the scope is great.

I've got a Halo 25 I use for scanning and keep an adder on the rifle for shooting. Not messing with the focus on the Halo is pretty sweet. I only asked because I recognized the symbols on the screen, but image looks a little better in your video than what I'm seeing through the adder lately. Could be a mix of humidity and harvest dust on my end.

Shot a decent 8 pointer Sat Am, so I was free to hunt coyote Sat Pm.
Set up in a field on a hilltop with a great view.
Weather was perfect for thermal usage and I was lucky to see a couple of shooting stars with the NV goggles as well.
First set we called in this female from over 500 yards away.
She disappeared for awhile and we were going to break down and head to another property when I caught a glimpse of it sneaking through a thicket next to a rock wall in the hay field next to us.
I popped a big male coyote in the same spot last month.

11 26 Dog.jpg

Gave a spot that hasn't produced anything another try after some bad weather moved through.
I figured the dogs would be hungry and on the prowl.
I was right.
12 4 22 dog.jpg

Reactions: diggler1833
Gave a spot that hasn't produced anything another try after some bad weather moved through.
I figured the dogs would be hungry and on the prowl.
I was right.
View attachment 8014982

Excellent! One of the few coyote hunting videos I've seen in terrain that isn't a wide open field or plain. I thought my pulsar stuff looked good in those types of conditions but that video makes me consider upgrading. At one point your scope went higher up the treeline, which often makes a thermal flare in my experience, but that Halo's image stayed rock solid. Thanks for posting. Put up more when you get them!

Educate me a bit on the setup. The thick conditions where I hunt are similar and a challenge seeing them before they wind me. With it being so thick, were they making noise before they came your way so you were generally pointed the direction you thought they would come in? I've had so many coyotes come in from so many different directions in the thick stuff it makes it tough to get a shot off before they are in and out. Plus, I'm in a valley and the predominant wind swirls randomly at times which makes perfect wind setups not so perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: shoots100
When the dogs get pressured, they move into the thick stuff in the areas I hunt in NY.
So we can keep this thread on topic, I'll PM you.
SJC

Reactions: dinosdeuce
This fox isn't going to be stealing chickens no mo.
Thought it was going to come in from another direction and as per usual I spotted it behind me inside the fence.
70Grn NBT did it's job.

Reactions: diggler1833
Totally buggered up last night. Misjudged the range with the .22 and was a little over eager. I think the big gun is coming out Sat night.

Spotted a black coyote bedded while looking for a deer a buddy's wife had shot. The wind was blowing pretty hard which covered the noise, so I talked my buddy onto the coyote from the downwind side and he was able to kill it. Drone did a decent job of catching the blood spray pumping out.

Found their deer later on about 500 yards away.

Spotted a black coyote bedded while looking for a deer a buddy's wife had shot. The wind was blowing pretty hard which covered the noise, so I talked my buddy onto the coyote from the downwind side and he was able to kill it. Drone did a decent job of catching the blood spray pumping out.

Found their deer later on about 500 yards away.

That’s wild: what drone do you have

Reactions: Ksracer
Here's 1 of them at about 120yds. The Triggercam looses a lot of the definition. I've got another at 420yds but it's going to take a while to download and crop to a reasonable size.

Looks like you’re setup with a TRIGGERCAM. Let’s see that video!
Here ya go!

We had already dropped one at 410 when another pair started working their way across the field. One of them stopped to check on his buddy and we decided the time was right for him also. There was a 3mph R-L wind so I held 1.0 mil high and .2R. I feel like I broke a clean shot from standing tripod and I believe my bullet is the one that took out the bottom of his ribcage. If you watch the vid you can see 1 bullet land behind/through him and another slightly high and left. (My partner has a new rifle and said he held 1.5mil high when his dope should have been .9)

Also, there was a massive blood trail leading in the direction he ran. After he spins the first time you can see the cloud of blood hitting the ground.

We opened this stand with a 150yd command fire double, then the first one at 410yds, followed by the road kill, and finished It off with this one for a total of 5. I capped the night off on the last stand with a 300 and a 360yd kill for a combined total of 13 (didn't recover 2) in 4.5hrs.

I am absolutely loving this xELR!

Last edited:
Reactions: cantankerous
First one with the Steiner C35.
Big male for around here, 320 yds with a 6 dasher. 44.6 pounds

Attachments

• 26B446D0-99BB-457D-8C8F-ED252F5DA7E5.jpeg
    26B446D0-99BB-457D-8C8F-ED252F5DA7E5.jpeg
    452.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 86A9BF83-9D15-40C0-9D30-0293D889A2C8.jpeg
    86A9BF83-9D15-40C0-9D30-0293D889A2C8.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
How do you see anything with the Christmas tree reticle ?
That picture was taken with my phone so not the best representation of what I’m seeing through the scope.

I increase the scope magnification when shooting and that helps with seeing the reticle & target. I just use minimum magnification for getting on target.

Smaller female.
Was digging a hole in the field standing near 6-7 deer. The deer didn’t mind she was there and didn’t run when I shot.

Attachments

• E192426E-CCD8-4C68-8F65-8015D7D67824.jpeg
    E192426E-CCD8-4C68-8F65-8015D7D67824.jpeg
    810.5 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: shoots100
Last two down in 2022 for the NY coyote death squad.
Both came in within the first 5 minutes of each stand and it was good to end 2022 on a high note.
However, I had to use the my backup rig with the Adder, as my Halo X50 wouldn't start.
SJC
12 30 coyote Fox.jpg

12 31 coyote.jpg

Last edited: