• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NV and thermal kills...

How long do these drones take to set up.

from pulling on to a farm to the drone flying around. How many minutes ?

Reactions: TACC
I can't say as I've not seen it in person, but here is a link to my buddy heading out with it just so you can drool over the reasons why you know you are about to get one, but have not yet:)

I've never used a drone with a thermal camera, but they are all about the same, just the camera is thermal instead of a normal camera. and they take like 5 min, tops, to get up in the air. most of the carrying cases you have to take the propellers off, so you screw them on. put in a battery. turn it on, turn on the device you are using as a screen, open the drones app on the device. turn on remote. take off. It's really fast.

You could do all of that back at the house, then get to the farm and have it in the air in like 20 seconds. just turn everything on and take off. Batteries in most drones will give you 20-30 min of flight time. Most have battery packs that can be swapped in about 20 seconds, then you're back in the air.

Reactions: deersniper
Normally takes us about 20 minutes to crank up the drone, when running golf cart. Not a lot of free room to let it and the 30x30" carrying case sit on cart. We started looking at making a roof mount for all that junk, just haven't gotten around to it, yet.
From the time we park truck, run drone, find target, unload cart, stage all gear and secure drone on cart... go for target, 45 minutes...
For two ppl, the drone, golf cart, and gear, the drone slows us down.
I now regret spending over 10k on it.

Trade for utc... the new one...🤗🤗
Your in luck I have a T-Fitty to trade

CF79ACCE-B8D0-4A03-A471-5848EED528CD.jpeg

The one I linked can be set up in under a minute and is hand deployable.
Watch this video.
Drone
My brother bought the non thermal version a few years ago.
It has target tracking and hold position, that would be a real asset for a hog hunter.

Broke in the new POF Revolution Pistol last night. Running the Reap 35 along with the old school AAC SDN 6 that has been gathering dust. Glad to get it back in circulation again. Temps are down and it is peanut harvest season here so the piggies are starting to crawl out of the swamp thickets and into the fields.
202A0604-27B4-4B5C-8E02-42630D1394FD.jpeg
64674910-28F7-4424-8202-9CBC3F60B361.jpeg

First kill with the Savage Impulse and Thermion XG combo.
This one won't be eating chicken for dinner anymore.
It was cutting through the cow pen to get to the coop.
I was waiting in a different area and spotted it moving amongst the cow.
75 grain Nos BT dropped it.
Very humid night and it rained almost every day of the previous week, but the XG's image was clear, even though it doesn't look like it in the video.

Very humid night and it rained almost every day of the previous week, but the XG's image was clear, even though it doesn't look like it in the video.

Ive got an XG on my 22 Creed, and it’s a lot more impressive in humidity than it is clear nights. It’s been the death of a lot of critters so far.

I have a buddy who owns one of the largest thermal/NV dealers in the country he's hunted with thermal drones for years. Crazy cool Star Wars stuff it's been a few years since we hunted together that is still on my punch list to go on a thermal drone hunt. He will pull up in a pasture, fly a bit, spot and stalk and let the laughs begin. It's only $10k so everyone should have at least 2 of them lol. What a hoot sure would be great when the grass is all up to chest height.

Can we get a buy 1 get one free deal?

Even with my gripes about Pulsar, I have to give credit where it is due. You can adjust a Pulsar to cut through humidity and have more detail during times of thermal crossover after a rain than just about any other unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: shoots100
One of these days...One of these days I'm going to be on it like doggone it.

But it wasn't yesterday. Sucked a big fat one again. Even forgot to turn my microphone on my Thermion.

Hooray for mediocrity!

Found Five. Photos only of four.

Attachments

• 20211007_232819.jpg
    20211007_232819.jpg
    911.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20211007_232834.jpg
    20211007_232834.jpg
    825.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20211007_232911.jpg
    20211007_232911.jpg
    946.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 20211007_232956.jpg
    20211007_232956.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 32
One of these days...One of these days I'm going to be on it like doggone it.

But it wasn't yesterday. Sucked a big fat one again. Even forgot to turn my microphone on my Thermion.

Hooray for mediocrity!

Found Five. Photos only of four.

That is a BUNCH of hogs, mate. Enjoyed your video and voice over. You have an announcer's voice and could do commercials if ranching ever gets old! :cool:

Enjoyed the video, very informative. Great shooting as well - when all hell breaks loose after that first shot it ain’t easy picking up runners, especially in tall grass, particularly for me!

I’ve been using the 6.8 120sst from a 12.5” barrel for years with great results.
Now that I picked up an AR10 thinking about what a hammer a .30 cal 150sst would be…..good to know the interlocks are a budget friendly option as well. Thanks.

This time around, I'm not seeing any dead pixels in your videos while your testing the .308 rifle with the Thermion on top.
Different build specs on this .308 rifle ?

Reactions: diggler1833
This time around, I'm not seeing any dead pixels in your videos while your testing the .308 rifle with the Thermion on top.
Different build specs on this .308 rifle ?

I have only one new one so far, but this is the same Thermion that blew out dozens of pixels last year...I'm thinking (hoping) that I fixed all the bad ones, and than no more are going to blow out on me.

Main differences between the two .308s are barrels (WC vs. Criterion), BCG (WC vs. Fulton Armory), and brakes (VG6 vs. Surefire). I don't think that there's much difference to explain anything.

Eventually I'll only run a .308, but I still have three more new bullets to run in both the 6.8 and Grendel before I retire those to daytime hunting with the kids. I just really enjoy seeing how efficient bullet designs can be in terminal effects.

6.8/HaloLR
BEF4F246-BA7A-4656-A78B-18AE1F37CAAF.jpeg

Spotted around 20 at about 100 yds. Tried stalking closer but they kept moving down the fence line so with fence post as a rest I opened up on them, getting a couple before they reached brush. The whole time this guy is not running away with the sounder but trotting up the fence line right towards me. I’ve got the LR on 2x so fov no bueno but I start throwing SST’s his way. He finally drops on lrbho 3 fence posts from me. I don’t smoke but if I had a cig I woulda lit it up lol.

After a long hike, I ended up shooting this big male I spotted as I was ten feet from my van.
I decided to do one last scan of a field that has a small pond that's usually loaded with geese.
No geese, but I found this one looking for a goose dinner.
I rushed the first shot, as I had to move positions a couple of times to find a clear shooting lane around the van + hedge row, as the wind shifted directions.
The faint vertical line you see in the video, is the vans antenna.

I lost at least one in the tall grass, but managed to recover four.

View attachment 7740499

View attachment 7740501

Awesome! I am jealous….wound up with a neck injury back in September that totally shut down my hunting and shooting……right when peanut picking season started and the piggies really started coming out to play. Better now, but our night season is closed till after deer season ends on February 10. Keep stacking em for the rest of us!

Awesome! I am jealous….wound up with a neck injury back in September that totally shut down my hunting and shooting……right when peanut picking season started and the piggies really started coming out to play. Better now, but our night season is closed till after deer season ends on February 10. Keep stacking em for the rest of us!

Get well soon. My left shoulder is done-ski. Have a torn labrum and rotator cuff, along with biceps tenodesis and chronic arthritis of the AC joint. Trying to get into the VA's system for repair...but I have a feeling I'll be sitting out quite a bit of time on the sidelines in 2022.

ODWC will shut me down next week until mid December (deer gun season)...but my place got hit the other night by hogs, so I'll still be going out and looking for things to kill.

Got this medium sized female for my friend on his birthday Sunday Pm.
It was snowing and in a real thick area, so I was only able to get one of the three that came in.
These yotes have been pushed around during the first week of NY southern deer rifle season, so their very wary.
It took them over a week to come into the bait piles.

IMG_1347.JPG

Last edited: