• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Observation and Sighting Devices Forum: Village Idiot Nominations

I was thinking of scopeye and fuhq.

With the former, every post is a long dissertation on how much you should pay for any scope, down to cents, on a Walmart sale, followed by an ardent assertion that Athlon Ares BTR G2 is better. Well, there is also an occasional side note on how much he hates Element and how important the warranty on electronics is. Given how many scopes he apparently gets his hands on, I am not sure any of them stay long enough for that warranty to matter.

With the latter, it is an ardent assertion that whatever scope he has purchased most recently is the greatest thing since sliced bread for all guns and all applications from now until eternity or until he purchases another scope. It used to be Arken, now it is ATACR and Kahles or perhaps there is something else I missed. As I said, I am not on here as much as I used to be, so I may be missing a few weeks here and there.

Previously mentioned Bender and BurtG are on my ignore list, so I do not know if they have been saying anything unusually obnoxious.

To be fair, to get on my radar you have to keep repeating something obnoxious for a while and in many threads, so it is entirely possible I am missing people.

For the record, yankeeUSMC's take on how I achieve sexual gratification is, while perhaps not undeserved, is way off base. I was merely satisfying my intellectual curiosity. If he had any, he'd recognize that.

ILya

Intellectual?
I knew you'd drop your sock and start smashing the keyboard with the slightest bit of goading.
I've never seen an intelligent person so easily brought out of the closet.
Thanks for proving me correct.

Now back to the dick measuring.
BTW: mils or moa?

1699147086279.gif

I’m days late to this shit show. Got some good laughs catching up and I think y’all already called out the obvious here 😂. I’m in now though.

Speaking of deer laughing while they run by, this guy would starve if he wasn't close to a grocery store to get he meat.

The name of the video includes the moniker "hunter". Very generous.

Deer even slowed down to give him a good shot; only thing they didn't do slap him upside his head.

Speaking of deer laughing while they run by, this guy would starve if he wasn't close to a grocery store to get he meat.

The name of the video includes the moniker "hunter". Very generous.

Deer even slowed down to give him a good shot; only thing they didn't do slap him upside his head.

A pet deer with the "zoomies"

Add that to the million things I’m right about , ahead of the curve about. And hurt feels about
Except you drink the weirdest froofroo flavored beer in the world.

Last edited:
That guy had an out of spec Spuhr mount that was bending the tube and causing the parallax to lock up. But he still claims its not the spuhr mount because spuhr cant do anything wrong even though its a known issue that has been reported with multiple types of scopes brands using their mounts for a decade now.
uhhh fill me in here. I just sent an XTR2 back for warranty work with a failed parallax knob (among other things) and it's been in a SPUHR for years.

Reactions: BCP
uhhh fill me in here. I just sent an XTR2 back for warranty work with a failed parallax knob (among other things) and it's been in a SPUHR for years.
He's a recent thread of people discussing issues with the mount. You get an out of spec mount and you bend the tube. If that happens the parallax will feel stiff or just not turn at all because the lens cant move in the scope to focus.

Also now that Spuhr has sold out to CZ it also makes me wonder if CZ will keep up on quality control or if they will ruin the brand name. Only time will tell.

Reactions: Bcamos
He's a recent thread of people discussing issues with the mount. You get an out of spec mount and you bend the tube. If that happens the parallax will feel stiff or just not turn at all because the lens cant move in the scope to focus.

Also now that Spuhr has sold out to CZ it also makes me wonder if CZ will keep up on quality control or if they will ruin the brand name. Only time will tell.
Thanks for the info! Luckily, I don't think I have this issue as my parallax turret would turn, just not really do much internally. The warranty repaired scope is out for delivery today, so I guess I'll see if it shits itself once I bolt it back into the SPUHR.

Like keep shipping with super soft screws that strip easily or with 9 variations of clamping bars that crack? I think CZ can keep doing that

I was thinking of scopeye and fuhq.

With the former, every post is a long dissertation on how much you should pay for any scope, down to cents, on a Walmart sale, followed by an ardent assertion that Athlon Ares BTR G2 is better. Well, there is also an occasional side note on how much he hates Element and how important the warranty on electronics is. Given how many scopes he apparently gets his hands on, I am not sure any of them stay long enough for that warranty to matter.

With the latter, it is an ardent assertion that whatever scope he has purchased most recently is the greatest thing since sliced bread for all guns and all applications from now until eternity or until he purchases another scope. It used to be Arken, now it is ATACR and Kahles or perhaps there is something else I missed. As I said, I am not on here as much as I used to be, so I may be missing a few weeks here and there.

Previously mentioned Bender and BurtG are on my ignore list, so I do not know if they have been saying anything unusually obnoxious.

To be fair, to get on my radar you have to keep repeating something obnoxious for a while and in many threads, so it is entirely possible I am missing people.

For the record, yankeeUSMC's take on how I achieve sexual gratification is, while perhaps not undeserved, is way off base. I was merely satisfying my intellectual curiosity. If he had any, he'd recognize that.

ILya
My next scope is likely going to be an Element Theos. On sale of course for at least $1900 or less not at regular price. I plan on comparing it to the Vortex Razor Gen 3 and Sightron SVIII. What really interests me specifically is it's lighter than average weight.

I personally think Element Optics aren't worth paying what they are priced at and typically sell for when compared to other brands of scopes in their similar price range and even cheaper whether regular price or on sale. I'd like you to compare the new $1999.99 30mm Nexus Gen 2 4-25x50 with the $1494.00 34mm Tract Toric ELR 4-25x50 and Nightforce NX8 30mm 4-32x50 if you don't mind.

I have this specific mindset because I don't get to constantly receive a plethora of free scopes and actually have to pay for everything with my own hard earned money. Of course if they suck, compared to what I already have and considering prices I paid on sale, I return them for a refund.

Everyone is quite welcomed to use the handy ignore or block user function so you don't ever have to read anything that certain people post.

My next scope is likely going to be an Element Theos. On sale of course for at least $1900 or less not at regular price. I plan on comparing it to the Vortex Razor Gen 3 and Sightron SVIII. What really interests me specifically is it's lighter than average weight.

I personally think Element Optics aren't worth paying what they are priced at and typically sell for when compared to other brands of scopes in their similar price range and even cheaper whether regular price or on sale. I'd like you to compare the new $1999.99 30mm Nexus Gen 2 4-25x50 with the $1494.00 34mm Tract Toric ELR 4-25x50 and Nightforce NX8 30mm 4-32x50 if you don't mind.

I have this specific mindset because I don't get to constantly receive a plethora of free scopes and actually have to pay for everything with my own hard earned money. Of course if they suck, compared to what I already have and considering prices I paid on sale, I return them for a refund.

IMG_4803.gif