• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odessa FV200yd F-Class match 6/14/09

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
Our next match will be <span style="font-style: italic">this </span> Sunday.

I figure most would a conflict with the following Sunday, which is Father`s Day.
whistle.gif

Registration starts at 10:00 AM.

Match Fee $10

The July match is in limbo as we have a monthly meeting on the 4th and who knows how many could make it. I`m leaning towards the following day, Sunday July 5th. Wadda y`all think?

Your input would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Scott

Re: Odessa FV200yd F-Class match 6/14/09

I'm good with both, will be there the 14th, and I also like the July 5th proposal. Grateful about the 14th, I've already received my Fathers' Day Warning Order... BTW, Jen will definitely be having the baby tomorrow.

Greg

Re: Odessa June & July

STP: Sunday the 14th I'll have to miss, with regard to July maybe pushing it to next weekend the 11th or 12th might work well for those with any travel plans for the 4th of July weekend. Doug is good to go on the 11th, myself also.

I am available for a July 5th match, could be fun. No doubt I'll be up late watching fireworks having a few drinks. We could have a hangover match!

Oops, she fooled us all and had the Baby last night. Kayce Anne "AKA Gracie" Allen 06/09/09; 20:24, 20", 6lb 14oz, happy healthy, beautiful Grandbaby Girl. I'll be leaving in about 15 minutes to spend probably a good part of the day visiting at the hospital in Geneva. Meanwhile the house will be protected in our absence by a pair of ferocious trained attack cats... (Shorthair (and tiny) Coppertone "AKA Short Round", and Longhair Precious "AKA Da Pouff"). Their favorite cat toys are stuffed 6" tall toy Pinky and The Brain dollies

Hangover match? Could be at that...

Greg

i'm off to west virginia for another IBS comp this weekend so you guys are on your own Sunday see you all on the 5th or 11th

Congradulations grandpa Greg, on behalf of all the Rochester gang. You've got another prospective markswoman to train one day.

I like to leave these things up to the kids and their parents. I don't do any role playing on the kids' behalf. The parents, in this case, are both accomplished shooters. No doubt we'll be passing all the toys on to them.

Will miss youse guys this W/E.

Greg

Re: Lowlight nails it

OMG; They have name for one of my many problems; From Lowlight in the bipod thread.

"Its the "Refrigerator Theory", we get down to shoot, we put the first 2 rounds in the same hole and say, "ya this is going on the refrigerator", and then we move, change our position at the subconscious level and bang we throw the next round out. Or we say we're gonna shoot 5 shots and 3 are perfect, better than perfect, and we say the same thing, "going on the wall to show off"' and bang the 4th shot is out and the 5th goes right back into the same hole. The rifle didn't just decide to fuck us, we fucked ourselves mentally. Once you let this shit in your head you're done."

I see this in myself all too often.

Odessa FV200 this W/E

Stop! This is supposed to be fun. If it isn't; odds favor the possibility you're doing it wrong...

I keep telling you guys, a match consists of one round. Next round is another match. It's not about winning a match and losing a match; it's about winning bunches of them...; and letting the odd one go the other way with no regrets...

Unless you <span style="font-style: italic">like</span> that 'beaten feeling'...

Get with the program!

Greg