• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Officers Shot in Buchanan County

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Officers Shot in Buchanan County
    Posted: Mar 13, 2011 7:02 PM EDT

Emergency dispatchers say a man in the mountains has shot at police officers in the southwestern Virginia community of Grundy and at least one deputy has been wounded.

State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller says the deputy was shot Sunday in Buchanan County. She had no more details. Buchanan County emergency dispatchers told WVVA-TV that four officers were shot near the Devils Branch area near Grundy at about 3 p.m. and that one officer was killed.

The station says the suspect shot at the officers with a rifle from the mountains.

Grundy Mayor Roger Powers says authorities are searching an area about six to eight miles east of the town. It is a coal mining area with a population of about 1,100. Powers says he heard unconfirmed reports that four officers had been wounded.

Re: Officers Shot in Buchanan County

I worked about 12 miles from Grundy for 17 years, Dad is still local to the area and we are about 50 miles away here. Not a lot of info released at this time, havent heard why 4 officers were in the same location.
    Prayers are out.

Re: Officers Shot in Buchanan County

Suspect was killed by VSP after being discovered by a local road after a shootout started.

Evidently the man was in confrontation with a salvage operator. The operator was telling the cops that the man was stealing parts... I don't know if that is when the man shot two officers from long range or if they were looking for him.

The good thing is that he is down and out.. The bad is that we have families that are in need of prayers. If I hear inside info I will post provided it does not compromise anything.