• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup Official 2013 Sniper's Hide Cup 5/23 - 5/25

We Set up several targets beyond 1000 yards .... a 308 175gr running at least 2600fps should be right at the edge under current conditions.
249053_10151666173372953_1593666096_n.jpg

It's a great mix of Near and Far.... as well some nice natural positions will be necessary. Not everything is visible from the prone.

We spent the entire day in Douglas until just before Dark setting up new stages. Similar but very different from last year, you definitely can't use last years data even if you kept it.

941974_10151666039242953_385343889_n.jpg

I will say this, I have located and ranged every target we set up with the following:

7739_10151666341027953_438113436_n.jpg

10x is a bit limited, but I was still able to find everything, we did not go out of our way to "hide" anything, but remember no targets are marked or painted. (there are 2 that are, but that is it)

Looks amazing, I've never seen terrain such as that in person. Must be a great experience just standing out there in the "middle of it all".

If anyone flying is having issues bringing pistol ammo due to weight restrictions, AND YOU ARE SHOOTING A .40, let me know today. I'm heading out Monday, driving, so I can bring extra for you. I may also have 9mm.

See you all there.

Got to check my wind data at full value this weekend up at my bachelor party. It's solid, but I hate shooting in the wind! Bring it on Wyoming!

I'll echo jeepone's post. I have plenty of 147gr 9mm (American Eagle) and 230gr 45ACP (WWB). I'm happy to bring along as much as anyone might need (100 round per person) provided you reimburse me at replacement value (i.e. whatever it's going for on gunbroker, less shipping) and buy me a 6-pack.

edit: 6-pack of any beer. I love the cheap stuff...

Last edited:
Also, please be aware that unlike last year there is not unlimited "scouting" time in the stage waiting areas.
CHANGE FOR 2013: You may not “scout” future complexes before 1 hour prior to your assigned reporting time. Anyone found
scouting stages prior to one hour before their assigned start time will get a “0” on that entire complex. If you have extra time to kill,
please do it at the HQ.
This includes Wed.

I'll echo jeepone's post. I have plenty of 147gr 9mm (American Eagle) and 230gr 45ACP (WWB). I'm happy to bring along as much as anyone might need (100 round per person) provided you reimburse me at replacement value (i.e. whatever it's going for on gunbroker, less shipping) and buy me a 6-pack.

edit: 6-pack of any beer. I love the cheap stuff...

I shipped my ammo out Friday but it's set to arrive the 23rd :(

However I have 160 rifle / 30 pistol rounds in my luggage so should be good for day 1.....

I may be buying you beers kind sir.

No problem. I'll bring 1,000 extra of both 9mm and 45 rounds for people who might be short. PM me for my cell phone...or just look for the white Toyota Tacoma with Utah plates.

John

I shipped my ammo out Friday but it's set to arrive the 23rd :(

However I have 160 rifle / 30 pistol rounds in my luggage so should be good for day 1.....

I may be buying you beers kind sir.

Wednesday Demo Day... Ashbury Precision Ordnance

Ashbury Precision Ordnance will be at the Demo Day on Wednesday and will be bringing several of their precision rifles to display including the ASW338 in 338 Lapua Magnum, ASW 308 in .308Win and our TCR6.5CM Tactical Competition Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. They'll also be displaying Vectronix laser range finders Terrapin, PLRF 15C, VECTOR binocular laser range finders, COTI Clip-on Thermal Imager, Field Firing Solutions Ballistic Targeting Systems and more!

Be sure to try everything out this is a perfect environment to try out all these great units.

Competition Dynamics now has a Twitter account @ShootCompDyn that we will be using for live Twitter updates during the matches, starting this week with the Sniper's Hide Cup. Follow us on Twitter to see what's going on!

There are a few pieces of steel between 300 and the furthest from where we shot this morning was 1260 yards. It was 5 mils of wind this morning with guys shooting a 260...

I believe we have a piece around 1000 too...

There are a few pieces of steel between 300 and the furthest from where we shot this morning was 1260 yards. It was 5 mils of wind this morning with guys shooting a 260...

I believe we have a piece around 1000 too...

Yeah I came through Douglas this morning on my way to Cheyenne and it was whipping for sure. 35+ MPH wind guts warnings on the interstate... And raining sideways....

At the sight-in/demo range I think we have one target around 1100, and several others past 700.

Any chance of tossing one out at 1200-1400? There may not be a lot of people hitting it but its nice to see the drop required to allow guys to true ballistics software. Few have access to 1k let alone farther distances we may encounter at the cup and that gives people an opportunity to gather some dope they may not have already.

Any chance of tossing one out at 1200-1400? There may not be a lot of people hitting it but its nice to see the drop required to allow guys to true ballistics software. Few have access to 1k let alone farther distances we may encounter at the cup and that gives people an opportunity to gather some dope they may not have already.

Guys who are at the Train up are shooting targets as far as 1260, competitors will be limited to distances not exceeding 1200 so the 308s can engage as well, at 5000 feet and a DA around 7000 the 308s are at the edge of their max range.

People can demo rifles from Companies like Ashbury and shoot the 1200+ yard targets, but for the rest, this is a competition and not training. So while we can put targets beyond 1400 yards that is not the purpose of the Cup. So you won't see that.

The sight in range is for those traveling to confirm zero, the Train up is to check dope at distance, the match is to test the individual and his equipment.

I may have phrased that poorly. If 1200 is about max then 1100 should get guys close enough with their dope. I didn't know if we were going to be seeing stuff at 1300 or more. I did the train up last year and enjoyed it immensely but I wouldn't repeat it just to confirm dope on super long shots.

Hope that makes sense, you answered my question though so thank you. Looking forward to the match!

Guys just showing up on Wednesday do not shoot the steel at distance, they can confirm zero.

You can shoot "demo rifles" beyond and at distance... there is a difference. We don;t have competitors checking distance without coming early, which is why we offered a tiered train up where guys could come just tuesday and shoot, or both days. We changed a lot from last year to include where and how we are shooting the train up. (though the rain today was definitely a bummer.)

We don't let people arrive on Wednesday and shoot steel... that is not how it works.

Some like to shoot the train up for the trigger time, others like to confirm their software and data at distance, people have a variety of reasons for shooting before. They don't get to shoot any stage areas, we have completely separate areas for them to shoot on. It's neither here or their, as long as you are prepared and make sure your zero is good, once the match starts you have the opportunity to shoot roughly 150 targets from 100 to 1200 yards, give or take a bit.

Looks amazing, I've never seen terrain such as that in person. Must be a great experience just standing out there in the "middle of it all".

Dude, from a guy born and raised in Jersey: make the pilgrimage to WY. You're mind will be absolutely fucking blown. I've been around the world and their is NO place like it. If I could find work there I'd be there permanently without hesitation.

Last edited:
It's WY. Living here my entire life there is one thing I can guarantee, the wind will be at least 10 MPH and being in the same wind tunnel that Casper falls in probably 15-20 MPH. It was gusting to about MPH I would guess last night when I came through there last night...

I can attest to that, Ive seen prairie dogs trevor shot get thrown 50ft by the wind once theyre up in the air.... or maybe thats just the 22-250 doing that

It's WY. Living here my entire life there is one thing I can guarantee, the wind will be at least 10 MPH and being in the same wind tunnel that Casper falls in probably 15-20 MPH. It was gusting to about 35-45MPH I would guess last night when I came through there last night...

Heck thats pretty decent weather lately. Last fee days here have been 30+ with gusts to 45.

Heck thats pretty decent weather lately. Last fee days here have been 30+ with gusts to 45.

Yeah I was in Cheyenne yesterday and it was windy as hell all the way back to Gillette with Chugwater doing its normal 50+ MPH.

126 Shooters Arrived today for the Sight In and Demo Day Shoot... Tomorrow the 2013 SHC Starts what appears to be the largest field rifle match of its kind...

Good Luck to all the Shooters and Huge Thanks to the Awesome Companies that showcased their products.

This is going to be interesting today. Wind has been howling all night and weatherbug is forecasting 25-30mph sustained winds gusting to 40 for the first day of the competition. I think today is going to be less about competing with each other and more about competing with mother nature! Good luck everyone and lets have some fun!

Updates are being posted on the SH Facebook page.

The first complexes of the day went without a hitch. 126 shooters through the morning stages in 3.5 hours. Wind is wicked and its much colder than yesterday.

Some Shots Day One in the Books other than the Night Vision Shoot Tonight with Mod Armory ... As I understand it some guys managed 50% in the 35MPH Winds today... darn good shooting considering the conditions.

_FLG5885.jpg_FLG5905.jpg_FLG5901.jpg_FLG5919.jpg_FLG5931.jpg

Close to half, this is not a run and gun scramble match. Every stage is a 5 minute time limit. In a lot of the other matches you see a suppressor only gets in the way. This being a field course the suppressor is of in the way

Rollin back to Nevada, great match and great shooting with everyone! Don't forget to thank the sponsors. Congats to the top 308 shooter, that could not have been easy.

If anyone has a extra 10 rnd Ai mag loaded with 6x47 ammo with JYD in white paint on it send me a pm.
Thanks Dave

Awesome match! Thank you to everyone involved in its process. Couldnt have run any smoother and the competitors brought their A game for sure. Will definetly be back.

BIG thank you to all the sponsors! Damn you guys are incredible....my money will stay with you all no doubt.

Another Outstanding SHC! Good to see old friends and make some new ones. To my fellow RO's, great job! Looking forward to 2014.
Leo, Alpha3.

The Top 3 Shooters of 2013 SHC !

312292_10151690673447953_1342069188_n.jpg

1st George Gardner
2nd Francis K
3rd Nick G

This is the first SHC win for George Gardner, it was well deserved. Thursday was 45 degrees, drizzling rain and winds over 35MPH, then it grew partly cloudy and 70 with winds that could not make up their minds, finally Saturday was a near perfect day to end the match. 80s and very light winds.

I will make an Official Thank You post as well as an Picture / AAR Post for all interested. We took a lot of pictures and some nice video.

Here are few from Facebook

Josh from Copper Creek
482407_10151688314402953_978937977_n.jpg

Will from Barrett

968830_10151688795672953_784624157_n.jpg

Setting up for the first night of the MOD Armory NV Shoot

600957_10151687842432953_671365826_n.jpg

931280_10151688864342953_30878908_n.jpg

Thanks to all the Range Officers they make the match. We shot 126 shooters, a gain of 40 over last year and our timing was exactly the same. Incredible, that is mostly due to the match designs by Zak Smith, Ray Sanchez, and the Guys from Competition Dynamics. 150 targets, not including the pistol stages, competitors fired over 200 rounds of rifle and around 100 more of pistol. We had a completely safe and fun match. The best part was the generosity of the Sponsors, we even raffled off a Surgeon Rifle for the Range Officers, and were able to recognize the High 308 Shooter with a Great McMillan Alias rifle but also we gave a rifle to the Top Female Shooter (we had 3). Then we raffled the GAP Rifle and Barrett MRAD out to the group, where another 308 shooter in the crowd won the MRAD.

Stand by for more....

A few clips, the Alpha 1 Pistol Stage
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151688676097953" width="226" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe>

And the fact you can shoot the match with a top load, magazines not required

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151688765852953" width="226" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe>

The wind on Thursday

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151686630517953" width="568" height="320" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Landowner "Unimog" Darrin here...

Awesome, guys, just awesome! Most fun I ever had on my own property, driving around and looking at cool stuff. I have absolutely no complaints, not one - well, other than, "It's just so damned quiet today."

For as large a crew as it was, you guys were lower-impact than the group of 12 mulie hunters we used to have here. (thus, they ain't here any longer) I can't tell you how appreciative I am of the respect you all showed our property. Thanks!

Now to walk down and grab the old Swiss Unimog... Hope the batteries are still up! ;-)

Thank YOU Darrin, you have an absolutely awesome piece of property there and cant say how much its appreciated you allowing us to use it. I had a great time, wish Thursday could have been more like Friday/Saturday (both weather and my scores...) but then we wouldnt have gotten to say we shot in 35mph winds and hit a few targets. Will definitely return next year if time allows. Thanks Frank and CD for putting on such a huge event that ran like clockwork.