• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

well id prefer my smith to do my barrel, he said he can do it as long as its standard thread pitch on the tenon, he doesnt have metric gears, but i think i found out its 24tpi

Unless they changed something with the A2 the threads have been 1 1/16 -16 since they started. I've done a lot of them for the original guns and the Gen II. I've swapped a lot of barrel extensions as well. The A1's are all Gen II. The only difference in the Gen I vs Gen II barrels is the extension. If he doesn't have drawings for the barrels it might be a problem as DT quit supplying drawings. He'll have to find them elsewhere.

Frank

They still say with an extension order it includes prints if not we will figure it out

It's finally happening....8 days left until my SRS A2 is release from CA DROS jail! I can't wait to get it setup and put to use....

16.5" 308 from Eric @ ES-Tactical.

I'll be putting a Primary Arms Platinum 6-30 DEKA MIL scope on it (in a Bobro mount).

Still deciding on a brake...in fact, I'd love any recommendations. 16.5" 308, my uses will be all-purpose plinking inside 1000, hunting, occasional PRS-style match, etc., so looking for small/light and not super obnoxious.

Here it is....

SRS-A2.jpg

I admit I wish I had an A2 just to lighten everything up here and there. Maybe I will pick up a used chassis one day and continue to use my heavy A1 barrels. With the price cut, its only a matter of time before more people try these and realize bullpups aren't for them.

Reactions: CBDR
It's finally happening....8 days left until my SRS A2 is release from CA DROS jail! I can't wait to get it setup and put to use....

I'll be putting a Primary Arms Platinum 6-30 DEKA MIL scope on it (in a Bobro mount).

Still deciding on a brake...in fact, I'd love any recommendations. 16.5" 308, my uses will be all-purpose plinking inside 1000, hunting, occasional PRS-style match, etc., so looking for small/light and not super obnoxious.

Here it is....

View attachment 7123336
I use a Insite Arms Heathen brake. Easy to time and transfer from barrel to barrel.

I've got a covert A1 with a 26" barrel, and would prefer to have my bipod closer to the muzzle. The rifle is painted, so I'm not terribly interested in changing out the handguard. Are any of you aware of a picitinny extension that would be durable enough to support the rifle? Thanks in advance!

I have a friend who wants to order a barrel for his SRS A1 in 33XC or 37XC (still thinking about) and I heard that there may be some feeding issues? I've seen several same builds and never anyone else ever complained about, except for the obvious that you get a single shooter? Any feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Since its a single shot setup for the 33 or 37XC how can there be any feed problems? I use a sled for mine in place of the magazine. A friend 3D printed a number of them.....don't know if he has them but he's on the board if he does. I also tried feeding with the 338LM mag in place and it works just as well. Any feed issues are operator induced so hopefully your friend can handle it.

Frank

Reactions: LastShot300
I finally took the plunge and bought a Lefty SRS A1 in 300WM before they were discontinued. I have only gotten it out to the range a couple times, but so far I am very happy.
One thing I noticed today was that the barrel is not centered in the hand guard. There is about 10mm space on one side and maybe 4mm on the other. While this should not affect the accuracy, is this normal?

Since its a single shot setup for the 33 or 37XC how can there be any feed problems? I use a sled for mine in place of the magazine. A friend 3D printed a number of them.....don't know if he has them but he's on the board if he does. I also tried feeding with the 338LM mag in place and it works just as well. Any feed issues are operator induced so hopefully your friend can handle it.

Frank
Frank, my friend and I tought the same, but this was the barrel maker saying, well not him, his assistante. Thanks for your reply makes a lot of sense!

Openwheel,

That doesn't sound too bad. The barrel can be shifted around within the hand guard with some pressure but returns to the original position so accuracy is not affected. I worried about that when I first purchased mine but was assured by several DT owners that it was normal and they demonstrated it with some A1's that were shooting .1's fairly regularly.

I've seen one that had the barrel quite a bit off center with the hand guard. The hand guard and barrel were removed and re installed and it was centered. If it looks whacked, I'd ask DT about it. My .02...

Openwheel,

That doesn't sound too bad. The barrel can be shifted around within the hand guard with some pressure but returns to the original position so accuracy is not affected. I worried about that when I first purchased mine but was assured by several DT owners that it was normal and they demonstrated it with some A1's that were shooting .1's fairly regularly.

I've seen one that had the barrel quite a bit off center with the hand guard. The hand guard and barrel were removed and re installed and it was centered. If it looks whacked, I'd ask DT about it. My .02...
Thanks Flyright. I plan on reaching out to DT, although I am not too concerned about it.

I finally took the plunge and bought a Lefty SRS A1 in 300WM before they were discontinued. I have only gotten it out to the range a couple times, but so far I am very happy.
One thing I noticed today was that the barrel is not centered in the hand guard. There is about 10mm space on one side and maybe 4mm on the other. While this should not affect the accuracy, is this normal?
That sounds like a lot. I'm more inclined to think it's something with the handguard not seating quite right vs the barrel being off. If you look down the top rail is it straight?

Forgot to mention that. Yes, the barrel might be improperly torqued or misaligned. Or, improper hand guard installation - should show between it (the hand guard) and the receiver.

Forgot to mention that. Yes, the barrel might be improperly torqued or misaligned. Or, improper hand guard installation - should show between it (the hand guard) and the receiver.
I put a straight edge along the rail of the handguard and receiver. It is clear that the handguard is off a bit on its alignment. I am not sure if it is worth the bother to re-install it as it doesn't affect the accuracy or performance of the rifle. I may fool with it when I am bored or have a rainy weekend.

I'm looking at maybe doing a few for myself and friends. Wondering how much interest there is from the rest and whether its worth fiddling with. I have seen a goodly number of broken plastic rails and damaged screw holes in the handguards. Why did they use only 3 screws in the 65 thou thick aluminum handguard? I'm planning on drilling and countersinking for all 5 that are covered by the rail....unless someone thinks the rails need to be longer or shorter?

Frank

Reactions: culater and M77
I'd be slightly interested too. I plan on running this thing at mammoth this year with a 223 conversion from SAC so something strong and durable would be good. Not to say the plastic ones arent...but its plastic

Here it is....

View attachment 7123336

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I ended up purchasing the Heathen, got it from http://otmtactical.com/ who had it at my door in 2 days and with a black nitrided insert. Awesome service/turnaround.

I'll report back anything interesting once I put it to use, but I'm expecting good things.

Cheers,
Rob

Reactions: Ogbybay
Heathen is a great brake , running one on my 308 . Good reduction and Poi is repeatable on and off

Who here had experience with Sac's w23 conversion kit? What kind of accuracy do you get with it and about how heavy is the 22 inch barrel setup? Thanks guys

Who here had experience with Sac's w23 conversion kit? What kind of accuracy do you get with it and about how heavy is the 22 inch barrel setup? Thanks guys
I get less than 1/2" on a consistent bases. I having good results with 77 and 80.5 Berger bullets. I am working with 80 ELD Hornady bullets now under 3/4" so I just haven't found the right combination right to get under 1/2". Mark at SAC is great to work with. Tell him what you want and he will give you the best rig.

Attachments

• IMG_0833.JPG
    IMG_0833.JPG
    341.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 38
Get the conversion! I get great groups with my 1/7.7 twist 17" SAC barrel shooting 77TMK.

Target 223 77TMK.jpg

Mine is almost ridiculously accurate. It's 26" and launches 77gr bullets at we'll over 2900 fps.

You definitely want one of these.

Attachments

• IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    301.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1002.JPG
    IMG_1002.JPG
    370 KB · Views: 48
Quick Question:
I have a DT SRS A1 and I’m looking for a mount, (prefer) Sphur, I’m mounting the Vortex HD razor 4.5-27x56 Ebr7c, what mount should I be looking at. I’d consider other options just looking for input. Thanks in Advance

I went with a NF Unimount A357 for my NF 5-25F1. I have the Hoptic stock saddle installed which adds a tiny bit of offset height. The system works out very well for me.