• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

With the euro optic A1 sale, and a few new SRS owners, thinking a bolt/magzine group buy might work out.
I'd really like a group buy on all of that....working on trading some stuff atm for a bolt and barrel now.

Just picked up my SRSA1 today. I’ve been thinking about picking up a ES tactical barrel in 300prc. What’s the verdict these barrels?

Just picked up my SRSA1 today. I’ve been thinking about picking up a ES tactical barrel in 300prc. What’s the verdict these barrels?
I have two barrels from ES Tactical. The first is a 284 Winchester (Proof barrel) and the other is a 308 Winchester (K&P barrel). Both are tack drivers and turn around time was very reasonable; about 3 to 4 weeks.

I have two barrels from ES Tactical. The first is a 284 Winchester (Proof barrel) and the other is a 308 Winchester (K&P barrel). Both are tack drivers and turn around time was very reasonable; about 3 to 4 weeks.
Can’t speak to ES Tactical, but I definitely recommend 300 prc if you haven’t shot it. I only shoot factory ammo and have had great results with Hornady ELDM at a very reasonable price.

I picked up an ES Tactical 6.5CM barrel of here several months ago for my son and it’s a tack driver to 600yds. Haven’t had a chance to take it further yet

If anyone else is having lazy ejection from their gen 2 standard bolt I bought these on Amazon to try a while back. Still not quite as strong as I'd like but it does have a little more pep. They may fit other bolts as well. I'll see how it lasts.

Eta: can't get the link to work. Uxcell .5mmx3mmx20mm 304 stainless steel compression springs. $5 for 10

Reactions: M77 and waveslayer
Does anyone know if the new A2 trigger shoe will fit the A1s?

Let’s see pictures of your SRS A2s guys and how are you guys liking the new trigger?
Help make the wait for my new rifle easier.
Mine breaks cleanly and consistently at 1.5 lbs. I really like it. I don’t like it as much as the Trigger Tech Diamond, but it’s very, very good.

Reactions: rydah
Can anyone confirm the trigger pull weight screw is M4-0.7 and 8mm long? Also, it's a flat tip, right? When I was looking for a replacement, I saw some that had a pointed tip. Mine backed out and I didn't notice until I was at a match

Last edited:
Does anyone know a reliable source of proof reasearch steel barrel replacements for the SRS? All I've found so far is one place that does carbon fiber barrels.

I think ES Tactical uses Proof stainless blanks. I don't believe he has inventory of finished barrels though. You have to order one.

I hate to bump my own question, but...

Can anyone confirm the trigger pull weight screw is M4-0.7 and 8mm long? Also, it's a flat tip, right? When I was looking for a replacement, I saw some that had a pointed tip. Mine backed out and I didn't notice until I was at a match

I bought M4-0.7 set screws, but it's almost like it's not thick enough. If I push down while I'm trying to thread it in, it feels like it's slipping past the threads, so it might be M5 or not metric?

Edit: Disregard. I found it's an M5

Last edited:
2 things:

1) Mark (SAC) said a lot of guys are having great luck w/ Varget and 73gr ELD-M in his 223 conversion. Anyone have some load data for that setup they care to share?

2) if anyone wants a 6.5 Creed covert barrel , I have one I need to sell in the PX to pay for said 223 conversion

I'm thinking about using some of my bonus money to pick up a Covert in 6.5 creedmoor and join the Desert Tech club. Does anyone around Northern Virginia or the surrounding area have one I can test drive? I'm happy to buy beer afterwards.

Does anyone have a clue where to buy a bolt stop for the srs? No one has them I stock.

Attachments

• 433D8105-79F9-475B-87CE-2506D4C832A7.jpeg
    433D8105-79F9-475B-87CE-2506D4C832A7.jpeg
    386.5 KB · Views: 121
  • E4FFE543-346F-4573-AF35-800975B3B11F.jpeg
    E4FFE543-346F-4573-AF35-800975B3B11F.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 119
  • E40B0E3C-D499-4AE4-B724-4F5494212F55.jpeg
    E40B0E3C-D499-4AE4-B724-4F5494212F55.jpeg
    344.9 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: M289
I use the bolt stop, but I cut it down so it's shorter. I don't like the idea of the upper retainer tab for the butt spacer acting as the bolt stop.