• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Those running sap 2 round holders. Where the fuck do you put it. lol.
20180731_144028.jpg

Hey everyone,

Read through many pages but may have missed it, has anyone modified the srs a1 that comes with no cheek riser to add one? I called Dt and they don’t sell any kit or skin set to add a riser.

Thanks!

Its my understanding that the skins from the A1 won't fit the earlier receivers so no real way to mod the rifle for a cheek rest. Most of us don't need it anyway but for those who wanted something on their early rifle there were pads made by someone to do the job. I've seen a couple different variations with velcro backing or straps to hold them in place. I just bought one of the A1 chassis because they were so cheap on closeout but the cheekrest will sit down flush just like my Gen1 rifle has for the last 9 years. Good luck, not sure who might be making the pads anymore but you can post a wtb and see what happens.

Frank

Reactions: TangoSierra916
Proud to be a new owner of an SRS A1. Took advantage of the europtic deal. Was able to squeeze one range day while on vacation in Southern California at Angeles shooting center (and get it all set up there). Was pleased to bang steel at 600 yards with shit ammo. Learned a lesson on trying to chrono hand loads with my magneto speed Sportster with a 22" 308 barrel without a muzzle brake. I can't! I also picked up a 26" 6.5cm a2 barrel here in the px for a great deal. Now I want to get a 338lm conversion kit!

IMG_20190820_141421.jpg

Last edited:
Proud to be a new owner of an SRS A1. Took advantage of the europtic deal. Was able to squeeze one range day while on vacation in Southern California at Angeles shooting center (and get it all set up there). Was pleased to bang steel at 600 yards with shit ammo. Learned a lesson on trying to chrono hand loads with my magneto speed Sportster with a 22" 308 barrel without a muzzle brake. I can't! I also picked up a 26" 6.5cm a2 barrel here in the px for a great deal. Now I want to get a 338lm conversion kit!

View attachment 7138535

Very nice :) Looks like you got number #6450 (y)
Did you go with the SRSA2 bolt, or is it an A1 bolt?

I wonder when Desert Tech stopped making the SRSA1 chassis and switched to the A2 chassis.

By the way, how many versions of the DT SRS Barrel Extension are there, and which one is the right version for the SRS A1/A2 chassis?

Last edited:
Reactions: SniperEnvy

I wonder when Desert Tech stopped making the SRSA1 chassis and switched to the A2 chassis.

By the way, how many versions of the DT SRS Barrel Extension are there, and which one is the right version for the SRS A1/A2 chassis?

Awesome setup indeed. Congrats. The desert tech system is unbeatable for the money, and conversion kits are so damn addictive. I currently own two in 6.5 creed (I have an SRS A1 and SRS A2), 300WM, 300 Norma, 300 PRC.

I have both A1 and A2 bolts, and can’t see a difference. Both work just fine!

Awesome setup indeed. Congrats. The desert tech system is unbeatable for the money, and conversion kits are so damn addictive. I currently own two in 6.5 creed (I have an SRS A1 and SRS A2), 300WM, 300 Norma, 300 PRC.

why the 300nm and the 300prc?

View attachment 7138535

couple of things , first is your monopod is actually unscrewed out ( pull the collar down for adjustment ) then fine tune if needed .

you will need the Picatiny Attachment for the Magnetospeed , i also found out the hard way when i first got mine

happy shooting , great combo you have there

It's an A2 conversion kit. As far as your barrel extension I dunno but I'm sure one of the experts here can tell you.

why the 300nm and the 300prc?
There’s no good reason why I have 300 PRC and 300 Norma, other than that I’ve had 300 Norma for a while longer and factory loaded 300 PRC only became available to me recently.

there are 2 versions of the Extensions ,
IMG_6384.jpg

Gen1 had the Rollpin Type

download.jpg

Gen2, A1 and now A2 all use the feed ramp type .

Reactions: M289
couple of things , first is your monopod is actually unscrewed out ( pull the collar down for adjustment ) then fine tune if needed .

you will need the Picatiny Attachment for the Magnetospeed , i also found out the hard way when i first got mine

happy shooting , great combo you have there
Thanks man I appreciate it!

Thanks for pointing out the bipod. I should of taken the time to figure out all the adjustments while setting everything up at the range that day. I'll do that now!

Regarding the picatiny rail, I have a Sportster will that also work for it? The magneospeed link mentions only compatibility with the v3.

just double checked their website and confirmed it doesnt work on the sporter model ?

i personally have 2 bayonets , with the strap and with the Pic rail adapter

just double checked their website and confirmed it doesnt work on the sporter model ?

i personally have 2 bayonets , with the strap and with the Pic rail adapter

I need to figure something out. I might flip the Sportster if I can get a good deal on the v3. Or just try to borrow a free standing chrono. I should of just took the dive and got the v3.

Reactions: M77
There’s no good reason why I have 300 PRC and 300 Norma, other than that I’ve had 300 Norma for a while longer and factory loaded 300 PRC only became available to me recently.
haha fair enough. Which one do you prefer? I assume not a reloading fan if the factory PRC was a factor?

Looking to get another barrel. I have 308 and 300 prc (being made). Leaning toward 6.5 creedmoor for a variety of well know reasons (factory ammo, etc.). Still can't decide though. I've thought about the SAC 223, but I have a different rifle chambered in .223 ackley and really don't want another .223. Hmmm....decisions, decisions. Thought about 6.5x47 just to be a little different, but very little factory ammo support. I don't mind reloading at all, but it is nice to grab a box and go shoot.

Well I ordered a proof carbon fiber barrel today through their expert voice page and it was $5xx.xx. sending it to sac will save me $345. So now I just wait for the barrel to come in.

Aren't the SRS A1 and SRS A2 barrels and bolts compatible with each respective platform?

Well I ordered a proof carbon fiber barrel today through their expert voice page and it was $5xx.xx. sending it to sac will save me $345. So now I just wait for the barrel to come in.
I was going to go that same route until I saw the Proof DT barrel didnt include the extension. For a covert length barrel, it was worth the additional costs vs just having Mark do up the Bartlein SS

Which do you guys prefer, the sawtooth rifles arca plate or the rrs plate?

Looks like they’re not interchangeable. RRS is for a1 and earlier, sawtooth for a2/m-lock.

I have the RRS and I like how The rearward mounting position moves the COG closer to the middle.

Got my barrel back from the Smith and want to know which is the cheapest fix it stick set you guy use.

if you can foot it , go the Labradar

Thanks for the recommendation. I just picked one up from the px at a reasonable price. It just lowered my budget for my next project, but perhaps that's a good thing. Now need to flip the magneto speed.

I had the RRS adapter on my A1 for years. I just recently swapped to a full length Sawtooth rail. Honestly, if all you're doing is mounting it to a tripod, it's irrelevant which you use. The RRS adapter, my tripod, and my RRS leveling base were NEVER the weak link in my shooting. I have the adapter for sale if you're interested

There reason I bought the Sawtooth rail is so I can slide my bipod wherever I want it if I'm using the SRS in a match like I can on my MPA chassis. But, like I said, if it's just for tripod use, the RRS adapter is perfect.

And yes, the Sawtooth rail works fine on the A1

20190720_213628.jpg

haha fair enough. Which one do you prefer? I assume not a reloading fan if the factory PRC was a factor?
I love both, but love the price of 300 PRC more. I shoot the Hornady 225 ELDMs from both and PRC gives me 95% of the muzzle velocity. I’d have to check what the extreme spreads/SD look like, but both work great for my purposes.

I love the idea of reloading, but I don’t really have the time. Plus there’s only so much fun stuff my wife will tolerate!