• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

30” The barrels we have are 1:10. We have some 1:8 on order.
for weight reduction numbers I’d need to go back double check. If I’m remembering correctly it was over 2 lbs.
Would a Terminator T5 muzzle brake negatively affect barrel harmonics on those carbon fiber barrels? They are a bit heavier than standard DT brakes.

Would a Terminator T5 muzzle brake negatively affect barrel harmonics on those carbon fiber barrels? They are a bit heavier than standard DT brakes.
I think it would be just fine. We’ve run elite iron suppressors on them with great results, which are way heavier than a T5 brake.

30” The barrels we have are 1:10. We have some 1:8 on order.
for weight reduction numbers I’d need to go back double check. If I’m remembering correctly it was over 2 lbs.
50 round break in for the velocity jump?

Had a bloody fantastic day today!! Went out early with just barely a breeze...overcast.

A good friend of mine shot my HTI 375ct with the 390 A-Tips at 2000yds .
1 shot just off to the RH side , perfect height. made a scope adjustment and then shot the "3" shot group in the pics ... Just on 6 1/2 inches!!!! Not sure who was smiling bigger..."Him" cause , he shot the group....or....."ME" because its my rifle and load..

I shot at the 2500yd mark ...very happy with the result.. 10 shots ... 6 hits .

Shot a very good cluster at 1500yds with the 390 A-tips..... 10 shots ....9 hits..

My mate Ian uses the Berger 379 Solids in his factory DT barrel.......shouldn't technically work ...but the results speak for themselves!!

Check out his groups at 1200yds..

Bloody good day!! :)

Attachments

• 375-Berger.jpg
    375-Berger.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 390gr-375ct-at-1500yds.jpg
    390gr-375ct-at-1500yds.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 1200yds-SB-gri2d.jpg
    1200yds-SB-gri2d.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 46
  • 2000yds-SB-P5F.jpg
    2000yds-SB-P5F.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 2500yds.jpg
    2500yds.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 2500YDS-paul..jpg
    2500YDS-paul..jpg
    169 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230813_100813.jpgwww.jpg
    20230813_100813.jpgwww.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230813_100819.jpgwww.jpg
    20230813_100819.jpgwww.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230813_141541.jpgwww.jpg
    20230813_141541.jpgwww.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 39
  • Berger-379-at-1200yds#2.jpg
    Berger-379-at-1200yds#2.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Berger-379-at-1200yds.jpg
    Berger-379-at-1200yds.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Ian-200oyds-#2.jpg
    Ian-200oyds-#2.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 41
  • Ian-375.jpg
    Ian-375.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Ian-375-@-1200.jpg
    [email protected]
    205.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Ian-375-berger.jpg
    Ian-375-berger.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Ian-2000yds-#1.jpg
    Ian-2000yds-#1.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 38
  • Ian-2000yds-#3.jpg
    Ian-2000yds-#3.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 37
  • Berger-379-at-1200yds-Group.jpg
    Berger-379-at-1200yds-Group.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Berger-379-1200yds-#2.jpg
    Berger-379-1200yds-#2.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 41
Had a bloody fantastic day today!! Went out early with just barely a breeze...overcast.

A good friend of mine shot my HTI 375ct with the 390 A-Tips at 2000yds .
1 shot just off to the RH side , perfect height. made a scope adjustment and then shot the "3" shot group in the pics ... Just on 6 1/2 inches!!!! Not sure who was smiling bigger..."Him" cause , he shot the group....or....."ME" because its my rifle and load..

I shot at the 2500yd mark ...very happy with the result.. 10 shots ... 6 hits .

Shot a very good cluster at 1500yds with the 390 A-tips..... 10 shots ....9 hits..

My mate Ian uses the Berger 379 Solids in his factory DT barrel.......shouldn't technically work ...but the results speak for themselves!!

Check out his groups at 1200yds..

Bloody good day!! :)
What velocity does your buddy run those 379 grain Bergers at?

New to the DT system but have been shooting an AI AT for a few years now (still have it). I purchased the SRS M2 and have three conversions, 6.5 CM, 300WM, and the SAC .223 kit with a bartlien 7.5 twist.

Has anyone experienced ejection issues with the SAC kit? Maybe every 3rd case will eject, not really dependent on speed of bolt. Is there a remedy?

Anyways, love the rifle so far. Each barrel is a hammer.
20230813_085206.jpg

Reactions: M77 and PRDRIVER
New to the DT system but have been shooting an AI AT for a few years now (still have it). I purchased the SRS M2 and have three conversions, 6.5 CM, 300WM, and the SAC .223 kit with a bartlien 7.5 twist.

Has anyone experienced ejection issues with the SAC kit? Maybe every 3rd case will eject, not really dependent on speed of bolt. Is there a remedy?

Anyways, love the rifle so far. Each barrel is a hammer.View attachment 8213357
I do not recall having ejection issues with my 223 kit. I’d give SAC a call. The bolt on the DT likes to be run hard, especially on the .308.

Congrats on the DT purchase. I still have my AI and a DT. Both have their respective pros and cons. Both are great. If I could only have one it would probably be the DT.

Traditionally 90% of ejection issues with this platform are solved by running the bolt a bit more aggressively, though it sounds like you’re already doing that.
Yes I've experimented with running it at various speeds. How I shoot I typically run it hard by default.

Reactions: PRDRIVER

Anyways, love the rifle so far. Each barrel is a hammer.View attachment 8213357
Try running the 308 bolt stop instead of the 223 one supplied with the sac kit.
For me it made a difference

When choosing a suppressor and suppressor mounting system for either the M2 or your full rail version of the A2, do you have any advice on how to determine if a suppressor will have sufficient clearance to fit under the top rail “overhang” when used with factory 16” (covert) and 22” (M2, or PRDRIVER full rails) barrels?

For example, if I remember correctly, when we spoke over the phone you had said TBAC SR suppressors won’t fit due to interference with the “overhang.”

Is there a certain suppressor outside diameter you need to stay under? And I’m sure there’s some variance - a relatively large OD suppressor with an aggressively “tapered” proximal end (think Flow 7.62: 1.8” diameter, but not a straight 1.8”) might fit, while a can with approximately the same OD the whole length (think Theorem, TBAC Magnus SR) might not - just wondering if you had any guidance or a rule of thumb. I’m not sure what the ID and OD of the SRS forend is - can you just base it off of that?

Additionally, any difficulty in fitting a suppressor cover on with that limited clearance?

When choosing a suppressor and suppressor mounting system for either the M2 or your full rail version of the A2, do you have any advice on how to determine if a suppressor will have sufficient clearance to fit under the top rail “overhang” when used with factory 16” (covert) and 22” (M2, or PRDRIVER full rails) barrels?

For example, if I remember correctly, when we spoke over the phone you had said TBAC SR suppressors won’t fit due to interference with the “overhang.”

Is there a certain suppressor outside diameter you need to stay under? And I’m sure there’s some variance - a relatively large OD suppressor with an aggressively “tapered” proximal end (think Flow 7.62: 1.8” diameter, but not a straight 1.8”) might fit, while a can with approximately the same OD the whole length (think Theorem, TBAC Magnus SR) might not - just wondering if you had any guidance or a rule of thumb. I’m not sure what the ID and OD of the SRS forend is - can you just base it off of that?

Additionally, any difficulty in fitting a suppressor cover on with that limited clearance?
I’ll try to take some pics while I am at the shop tomorrow. Big 1.8” suppressors that are 1.8” at the base like the Dominus SR or 338 SR are a no go with a 22” barrel and an M2. Now if you go with a custom 22.5” barrel there is no issue.

If you want to run an Ultra or even a Dominus CB you are fine with a 22” barrel in an M2. Suppressors like the Sico Omega will also work with a 22” barrel and an M2, but things are going to be tight if you are running a suppressor cover.

Yes I've experimented with running it at various speeds. How I shoot I typically run it hard by default.
Mine hated a specific brand of brass no matter how I worked the bolt, Sako as I recall, I believe the ejector was slipping off the rim.

Lapua brass behaves perfectly as does GGG.

Give another brand a try and see how it behaves.

Tony

Reactions: wick182
How does that Arca rail/mount hold up under recoil?
Perfect, no issues at all.. the 416 doesnt recoil bad at all.. Compared to the 50 BMG, not sure i would try it with that rig.. Its a FatBoy tripod and built like a brick shithouse... I'm 6'5 and it comes righ up to my height too.. Love that thing..

IMG_2897.jpeg

Can you also list the suppressors?
I think I see from the top, hybrid or omega, ultra, not sure, SR,SR, and hellfire break without suppressor

Can you also list the suppressors?
I think I see from the top, hybrid or omega, ultra, not sure, SR,SR, and hellfire break without suppressor
Top to bottom

Silencerco Omega
TBAC Dominus CB
Q Half Nelson
TBAC Dominus SR FDE
TBAC Dominus SR
Area 419 Hellfire 2 Port Brake

Question: What's the minimum ring height for a 30mm tube scope with a 50mm objective? I took advantage of the Labor Day deal and snagged one of the Coverts, and I'm going to start turning it into a rig for my son. Too small now, but he'll grow into it, and I want to be able to actually get him setup on it comfortably. I know I can adjust the cheek piece, just thinking of ways to get it closer to start.

Question: What's the minimum ring height for a 30mm tube scope with a 50mm objective? I took advantage of the Labor Day deal and snagged one of the Coverts, and I'm going to start turning it into a rig for my son. Too small now, but he'll grow into it, and I want to be able to actually get him setup on it comfortably. I know I can adjust the cheek piece, just thinking of ways to get it closer to start.
You do not want anything less than 1.50” in height or you will struggle to get your head low enough to see through the scope even with the cheek piece all the way down. The objective hitting the rail or the barrel isn’t the issue.

So the newer A2's have a bolt on scope rail. In the past I've told people to go 1.5". I think you could get away going 1.35" with the taller rail on the current A2 with a 50mm objective. Those were a deal. I snagged some for resale here.

So the newer A2's have a bolt on scope rail. In the past I've told people to go 1.5". I think you could get away going 1.35" with the taller rail on the current A2 with a 50mm objective. Those were a deal. I snagged some for resale here.
Resale me one for that same advertised email price.

Attachments

• ODG Covert 16 IMG_2951 copy.jpg
    ODG Covert 16 IMG_2951 copy.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 40
  • ODG 18 CF IMG_2952 copy.jpg
    ODG 18 CF IMG_2952 copy.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 35
  • ODG 22 IMG_2953 copy.jpg
    ODG 22 IMG_2953 copy.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 35
  • ODG 22.5 IMG_2954 copy.jpg
    ODG 22.5 IMG_2954 copy.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Reactions: DoctorBen
Yeah PR Driver, good deal there man. I'll order a carbon fiber conversion kit off you once this arrives. I LOVE my SRS. One of those few high-dollar purchases I've made that actually lived up to the expectation. I certainly didn't need another chassis, but going ultralight in a covert model, lighter rings and scope, and a short barrel... Hmmmmm. Now the younger kid can carry it. Now It's a few pounds lighter on the elk hunts. I have the SAC 223 already, and my 6.5, and 338LM. Maybe a stubby 308? Maybe a stubby 6.5? Keep the LOP shorter on the stock, see if the little once can shoulder it... Got a few years yet.

1693517714237.png

Yeah PR Driver, good deal there man. I'll order a carbon fiber conversion kit off you once this arrives. I LOVE my SRS. One of those few high-dollar purchases I've made that actually lived up to the expectation. I certainly didn't need another chassis, but going ultralight in a covert model, lighter rings and scope, and a short barrel... Hmmmmm. Now the younger kid can carry it. Now It's a few pounds lighter on the elk hunts. I have the SAC 223 already, and my 6.5, and 338LM. Maybe a stubby 308? Maybe a stubby 6.5? Keep the LOP shorter on the stock, see if the little once can shoulder it... Got a few years yet.

View attachment 8217033
We have 18" Proof Carbon barrels in 6.5 CM, 6.5 PRC, 308, 300 PRC, and .338 LM in stock. For a youngster, I'd lean towards the 6.5 CM. I'd rather they have a pleasant shooting experience than get hit with too much recoil and develop a flinch or not enjoy shooting it. The SAC .223 kits are awesome. We have done them in 22.5" Proof carbon barrels and will be adding an 18" carbon option in the future.

View attachment 8217033
You need a 450 Bushmaster conversion now (view my post in the classifieds 🤪)