• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

In regards to the tapered once piece rail question it give the user much more flexibility to run a flat rail with tapered ring sets, I run one of the PSR prototypes like Russ and I hate the 30 MOA rail because when changing optics out for testing most times scopes have too little adjustment or too much. I like having the taper transfer with the scope when we swap them between guns so no matter where you stick it (as long as its flat top) then it will be optimized. Of course I prefer to run 40 moa bases with most my scopes, so my k624i with the 30 moa rail maxes out at 1600 yards for my 338LM and I have to do holdovers beyond that. Not terrible but I prefer to dial out as far as possible.

Thanks Nick for the reply.

I can understand where stacking a slanted base on a slanted rail would become a problem. Just seems instead of your customers having to spend almost $500 on a Spuhr-type mount that having slope already built into the rails and then be able to use normal rings would be helpful. Also, some people are having issues with the objective lenses of larger scopes hitting the top rail while using 40-moa bases. Understandably you can not please everyone, but this is an LR/ELR system so just about everyone needs slant anyways.

Personally I have the desire to use clip-on NVS and having a scope on a 40-moa base looking through a 0 moa clip-on may present some issues. Will have to find out the hard way I guess.

Thanks again, -Jon

Last edited:
We ran MUNS units with our 40 moa tapered rings and we saw less than 1/2 moa impact shift when muns was installed. We shot some BAE thermal sights that had much more impact shift then that but we mounted BAE's on a one piece rail so the units internal alignment. I think the units internal alignment (in at least what we have seen) is the leading factor that creates impact shift. I am sure there are others with more experience than we have with NODs/Thermal attachment issues but those are mine, food for thought.

We ran MUNS units with our 40 moa tapered rings and we saw less than 1/2 moa impact shift when muns was installed. We shot some BAE thermal sights that had much more impact shift then that but we mounted BAE's on a one piece rail so the units internal alignment. I think the units internal alignment (in at least what we have seen) is the leading factor that creates impact shift. I am sure there are others with more experience than we have with NODs/Thermal attachment issues but those are mine, food for thought.

Good to hear Nick. I have been using the PVS-24 and PVS-30 lately but our gear is all zero cant stuff. Your .5 moa shift is great and was probably just due to the slight pixelation caused by the MUNS display.

As for the thermals, we have some new PAS-13G(V)1 which are new but are not allowed to be used as weapon sights currently due to zeroing problems. They seem to have a software issue in regards to the reticle placement.

I agree with Nick on the sloped rails. I've seen them cause more problems than they solve generally. With great mounts available from DTA, I don't run into issues. I too have used clip-on NV units on the dta's, and the only issue is when attempting to run 5-25's and running out of rail... but otherwise it's a great time!

I agree with Nick on the sloped rails. I've seen them cause more problems than they solve generally. With great mounts available from DTA, I don't run into issues. I too have used clip-on NV units on the dta's, and the only issue is when attempting to run 5-25's and running out of rail... but otherwise it's a great time!

I have an S&B 5-25 looking for an SRS to mount....

Monopod Advice?

I have been shooting my Gen2 the last 2 years without a monopod. I have an Atlas bipod on the front, and use a Triad bag in the back. This has worked well for me, but I kept hearing about how well the monopod works.

So, I bought some skins with a monopod and installed them. This week, I have been working with the monopod in the living room, getting used to how the monopod functions, and how to adjust it. The design is pretty cool.

I got out to the range today, and shot my 6.5CM, and 338LM conversions. I shoot groups at first to see if I was more or less accurate with the bipod. It seemed to be a draw.

I am faster with the bag, but this is to be expected at this point. The monopod was nice when the bottom of the monopod, didn't rock on the hard bench. At those times, I really enjoyed the bipod.

I did notice, especially with the 338LM, that the gun pushed back into me with more energy. It was like the difference between pushing a hockey down the sidewalk, versus on smooth ice. The bottom of the monopod offers much less friction/resistance, then a rear bag. It didn't hurt my accuracy, or my shoulder, but seeing my hits became a little harder. Any thoughts on this? I found this was true weather I was shooting form a hard bench, or the ground.

I know I need more time working with the monopod. If folks have any helpful tips, for shooting with he DTA monopod, I would appreciate it. The tips may help me get more out of my practice time.

I have an S&B 5-25 looking for an SRS to mount....
Give me a call anytime! We'll get you one to clamp that S&B atop!

Any thoughts on this? I found this was true weather I was shooting form a hard bench, or the ground.
You pretty much have it. Just a little time. When you are used to running a bag, monopods can feel odd. The surface they run on is rather important, as is the technique you are using. People have a tendency to not load the rifle as much with the monopod out... and this causes issues. With the bag they "snuggle" in there tighter. That's why you feel like you're getting punched a little harder probably. Something to look at anyway. Other than that, if it's moving straight back and not side to side, then you're on the right track.

First confirmed kill on my new DTA! More than pleased with this platform!

0893d27750b71b01db57b0441ab3ebd3_zps245c45a4.jpg

d2a8f94d390dba2612fa80f72ec31622_zps336e3d55.jpg

Good shooting on the coyotes guys... This is an amazingly versatile platform, and you obviously know how to use it.

Orkan, Thanks for you tips on the monopod use.

Last edited:
Do you guys see much value in neck turning with the DTA barrels?

I don't turn any of the necks on my tactical rigs. My 2 DTA chambers are fairly tight, one 243 and 338LM both Benchmark Barrels and Benchmark did the chamber work as well. I notice very little neck expansion between firings, Lapua brass for both calibers.

Depends on the brass I use. If I use Lapua I don't true up the necks as they are very consistent. For my 7WSM I do true up the necks as the WW is very inconsistent and do see improved accuracy.

Don't post often, but I always read this thread and still love my DTA. Here is my 09-10 SRS. Not as pretty as the A1 but it is still going strong and thought I would post the pic of it on one of the few places it shoots off a bench. Suppressed 5 shot and unsuppressed 3.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 34
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 30
  • SRS.jpg
    SRS.jpg
    830.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Nick,
You may have some insight. My SRS is dtai00001. It definitely was way down the road from the beginning. I was just wondering what made it #1 in that serial #? All I can remember is wanting the monopod and you trying to sell me a European bullpup rifle (Ksv or something) for 30k out of a safe. Best decision I made that day was the SRS and to keep my truck.

Is anyone running a silencer on their HTI? How's it working out?

I'll be picking mine up in the next couple of days and hope to shoot with it next week.

Running an elite iron on a couple HTI's here. Really awesome doesn't begin to describe it.

We're really close to being able to offer a brake-attach suppressor for the 375CT DTA brake. Stay tuned.

I just wish ballistic had a more intuitive rifle and ammo profile system, like Shooter does. The program as a whole is pretty good... but the interface/data handling sucks big time compared to Shooter or Applied Ballistics.

I just wish ballistic had a more intuitive rifle and ammo profile system, like Shooter does. The program as a whole is pretty good... but the interface/data handling sucks big time compared to Shooter or Applied Ballistics.
Amen!

Golden,
Initially the i designations were assigned to rifles intended to sold internationally. Some sold in the states some did not. That is the first rifle in the international series. :)

Orkan , i will be getting a Srs a1 in 300wm or 338lm notmsure which order first most likely 300wm but can I use the 338lm quick detach brake for the 300?
Will it be effective enough? I feel the single ported 308 version may be a ineffective for shooting 200gr pills

Just got this finished up for a customer. TS Customs 30" 1.250" straight 338LM with heavy flutes and customer-supplied brake Cerakote in ODG. What a beast. :)

Oh hello, that's me in a few months!!! Well, except for the chambering and I won't need a brake lol!

Orkan , i will be getting a Srs a1 in 300wm or 338lm notmsure which order first most likely 300wm but can I use the 338lm quick detach brake for the 300?
Will it be effective enough? I feel the single ported 308 version may be a ineffective for shooting 200gr pills
I'd use the 2-chamber brake. Yes that will work just fine and we can easily get that setup for you. :)

Thanks, Nesika. I was also shooting CCI250's.

Update on the misfire issue;

I tried another LOT of CCI 250 and had no issues, I traced the issue to a single 100 box of CCI 250's that I believe I stored incorrectly as they were sitting on my bench next to copper piping which was dripping with water droplets due to the very hot and humid weather. Not a good environment for storing primers!

So I guess I can close this one out and state that the issue was NOT DTA or CCI related but improper storage, I guess we live and learn!

Thanks to the guys at DTA and Dlask Arms in BC Canada for their help.

I'm planning on ordering an SRS tomorrow. I have some decisions to make, A1 or Covert? Tan or green? .260 or 6.5 CM?

I plan on using it for matches and hunting. I'm thinking long rail in FDE/Black in 6.5 CM 26" bbl.

I'm planning on ordering an SRS tomorrow. I have some decisions to make, A1 or Covert? Tan or green? .260 or 6.5 CM?

I plan on using it for matches and hunting. I'm thinking long rail in FDE/Black in 6.5 CM 26" bbl.

For matches, a A1 would be a better fit in those calibers. Its a toss up, you have plenty of mag length for 260. I run a 243 with a 28" barrel plus a brake, its about the same length as a 22" barreled rifle.

For matches, a A1 would be a better fit in those calibers. Its a toss up, you have plenty of mag length for 260. I run a 243 with a 28" barrel plus a brake, its about the same length as a 22" barreled rifle.

What's the advantage of running a long .260 over a 6.5 CM? I've been researching the two calibers all day and I don't think I'm any closer to choosing. I reload, but I do like the availability and price of the 6.5 CM match ammo.

As far as which caliber is better, its too close to call. In my experience, the 260 will give you a little longer case life, the availability of great ammo for the 6.5 is a plus, if you reload you need to ask yourself if you plan on purchasing factory ammo. It has been a little difficult to locate 260 brass for a while but that seems to be getting better. The advantage of the longer barrel is more noticeable with the 6mm rounds, 24" is fine with the 6.5s.

Which ever cartridge you decide to go with, we'd be happy to get you setup! Feel free to give me a call whenever, and we can discuss options. I'm a fan of the creedmoor, since its the "easy" button. ... but we've built a lot of 260's as well. One customer of mine has a 30" 260 that he is absolutely in love with.

IMG_1471.jpeg

IMG_7305.jpeg

We can put you on a list... but we won't take your money yet. We still do not have a SKU for that rifle nor a timeline on when it will show up. It's more than just popping out a left handed chassis. They need to do a lefty bolt, and lefty barrel extension as well. Lots of complex geometry there. Not saying they aren't up to it... but I can understand why it's taken them a while.

Hey are any of you guys running a YHM .338 suppressor on your .338 Lapua? If so are you losing any accuracy with it?

I have a custom .338 Lapua barrel 22.5" and it wont shoot under 2" groups @100 yards. I've tried 4 different OCW tests with 250's 285' & 300's different powders ect and nothing will shoot well out of it. I've also shot groups without the can and the only thing that changed was a slight POI shift which is to be expected when remove 2# off the end of the barrel but the groups look the same.

I just recently purchased a 6.5CM regular DTA conversion and using the same brake & Suppressor combo I am consistently shooting under a 1/2 MOA. So I've ruled out me getting used to the platform as the culprit.

I am not saying who's barrel it is as I am not blaming them, it may have been a bad blank ect. but I'd like someone who is using this same can to give me some input if they are experiencing any accuracy issues with it.