• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

I bought the RRS/Sawtooth rail so I can get all the way back, but I agree that the A1 is awesome. My A2 trigger pulls at slightly over 3 lbs.

gas&bolt.jpg

I also wish they would focus on improving their QC and warranty service rather than releasing new products. My DTA is probably one of the few rifles I would never sell but dealing with DTA customer service over the years has absolutely been a huge disappointment.

How long was it when you talked to them? I bought a used chassis a while back. I sent it to DT warranty a year to ago and they re-anodized it for free. I've heard horror stories about their customer service but in my dealings with them they were incredibly easy to work with

How long was it when you talked to them? I bought a used chassis a while back. I sent it to DT warranty a year to ago and they re-anodized it for free. I've heard horror stories about their customer service but in my dealings with them they were incredibly easy to work with
Couple of years ago agonizing to get a replacement trigger shoe that cracked for no reasons. Took months. Then waiting a year and dealing with exporting a Gen 2 to A1 keyed fore-end conversion - after a year they finally said “lol we don’t have any, it’s discontinued, best of luck” even though they had some when I started the process. Now I’ve been waiting since March for a warranty replacement Factory 6.5 creedmoor barrel that was out of specs (I posted couple of pages back). Also the mag that came in the kit was also out of spec and needed to be sanded/filed down and still doesn’t fit the greatest or drop free.

Granted I live in Canada but I’ve dealt with AI, never an issue. Short Action Customs - great guys. Vortex, never an issue. The guys at Bighorn/Zermatt - I got a replacement tensioner for my RimX in days, it would have taken months with DTA. Desert tech never give you a RMA # or updates, you constantly have to email them, and then they get a new guy or a new hire and you have to start all over. It’s like there’s no proper system to track those issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bradu
In regards to Desert Tech comms, I’ve been in contact with them in regards to both the MDR and SRS. I really have had to pester them to get any response. Much better dealing with their dealers.

as for the sawtooth rail, it goes pretty far back and I’ve been pretty happy with it. Here’s a picture on a leveling head. I can see how the older A1 style mount could get you farther forward but the upside of this one is that it sits nice and low

81D759EA-2076-4F62-9BEC-C6D380789A1B.jpeg

Reactions: Edgecrusher
Who was it that was doing coatings on srs bolts to help lubricity? Was it cerakoate microslick people were using? DLC?

I need to do something with my gen 2. The stickiness gets annoying.

They do look great, and I plan on ordering one soon, I just wish the rail extended all the way back like the A2 rails do. I get why they don't though, it would make the rail quite thick and bulky for the rest of the length along the forearm.
I would rather have a step at the back and the rail go all the way to the rear for tripod use. I’m sure that would be a bit more expensive and the 2 people that use a DTA for prs would be all “but now I can’t slide my bipod all the way back real quick like “

• Haha
Reactions: Blueoval56
I would rather have a step at the back and the rail go all the way to the rear for tripod use. I’m sure that would be a bit more expensive and the 2 people that use a DTA for prs would be all “but now I can’t slide my bipod all the way back real quick like “
I made my own adapter and I use the uber thick Area419 weighted rail on the older picatinny Gen II. Works like a champ. The extra weight and the rigidity help balance the tripod at the most rearward.

Reactions: deersniper
does anyone have any pictures or can tell me if i purchase a 30 MOA mount with a ring height of 1.5, will it have enough clearance for an optic with a 56mm objective?

Thanks

does anyone have any pictures or can tell me if i purchase a 30 MOA mount with a ring height of 1.5, will it have enough clearance for an optic with a 56mm objective?

Thanks
Hope this helps, I have a DT 30moa mount and 56mm scope fits fine

Reactions: Raven34
Hope this helps, I have a DT 30moa mount and 56mm scope fits fine
Same here. DT 30MOA mount and a 7-35 NF ATACR. It gives me enough clearance to run the scope and caps

Edit: I don't remember what the DT mount height is, but here's a pic of the clearance on my A1

20210521_145956.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Raven34
I used to have a Delta stryker hd 4.5-30x56 in a Spuhr 4902( 30moa, 1.5" high) and it was a perfect fit on a A1 covert
I’ve been contemplating on the tree of woe about scopes, and almost pushed the button on a Delta Stryker, but ended up buying a Vudu 5-25 instead. I love that stubby scope.

Reactions: Blueoval56
hows it shoot? is it a contour they offer ? or was it made off a blank ?
hardy isn't hard to get in Aus so im curious to see
Made off a blank. Hoping to get in shot in and validated in the next day or so as we are heading down Tahr hunting later in the week.

Reactions: M77
What is the lightest trigger pull you have adjusted the A1 to? I got it down to 2 lbs and 5 oz. That is the lowest I could get to.

What is the lightest trigger pull you have adjusted the A1 to? I got it down to 2 lbs and 5 oz. That is the lowest I could get to.
I have mine set at 2lbs 1oz, but I ran into issues about 3-4 ounces above the 1 pound mark. Its been a few years since I touched it, so I am not sure what my problem was or if there was a solution.

Huummmm. I have it where the screw seams like it is close to coming out. Does the creep screw have any impact on the trigger pull weigh?
Have you followed the trigger adjustment how to?

Mine is 1.5 lbs on an older Gen II, pre A1. IRC, those have different trigger adjustment screws size than the A1.
Still room to go lower but I like how crisps and repeatable it is there.
When I want a really good low weight pull, I get my RimX with a TT Diamond.
Plus I’m not sure how drop safe it would be below 1 lbs with the pretravel mod. Still a much better trigger than my AI AE mk iii. Again YMMV... I’ve shot amazing groups with the 223 kit and I highly doubt that a lower trigger pull would have changed anything.

Someone should try to make a 3d printed bag rider to replace the monopod.

3 months later, finally new warranty return barrel from DTA ... also out of spec ... what a joke!!! Funny how the Short Action Custom 223 barrel perfectly fits yet 2 factory DTA barrels won't.

• Angry
Terrible CS.

- Specifically asks them to confirm that a A2 conv kit would fit an older Gen II. They say yes absolutely.
- Purchase conv kit from dealer. It doesn't fit. Barrel extension measures .578" - My feedramp and my other barrels measures 0.590 - 0.593"
- I sent all of the infos to DTA, wait months because dealer is out of stock, no barrels, nothing. They specifically ask for my feed ramp dimension to make sure the barrel will fit.
- 3 months later. New kit shows up. Barrel extension now measures .574-0.578" ???!!!! And obviously does not fit.

3mBtSxO.jpg

egvmX8Q.jpg

sxFSeez.jpg

It's all so tiresome...

Last edited:
That sucks man! I'd take a Dremel to that extension and get to shooting. :)
Honestly... I’m seriously thinking about it. Wouldn’t need a whole lot removed, go slow, maybe with some emery paper and maybe a small file, just need 5 thou removed on each side then check headspace and go. Because if I remove the feed ramp, the barrel will sit flush and the bolt will lock.

It's sad to see how they've fallen in the QC and customer service departments. Seems like it started with the mdr debacle. I'd like to get an a2 bolt and a m2 chassis but at this point I'm not throwing money into a hole on backordered product in hopes they deliver in a timely manner.

It's sad to see how they've fallen in the QC and customer service departments. Seems like it started with the mdr debacle. I'd like to get an a2 bolt and a m2 chassis but at this point I'm not throwing money into a hole on backordered product in hopes they deliver in a timely manner.
I wanted an HTI but not anymore after trying to contact them for a part for my covert. It's sad that they've went downhill.

I wanted an HTI but not anymore after trying to contact them for a part for my covert. It's sad that they've went downhill.
Same story here brother. It’s not hard to figure out what’s happening there, just look at the glass door reviews of people who work there.

“You can tell management that parts are not being made right, and they will ship them out anyways.”

It’s too bad because I’ve said multiple time how much I love the platform and it’s my favourite bolt gun but I have never recommanded one to a fellow Canadian shooter and every time I hit a snag and needed to deal with the company it makes me want to sell it and run something proven like an AI or TL3 where I know I’ll always be taken care of.

Hey fellas.

I'm about to bite the bullet on a ZC527 and looking at a Spuhr 61602 to mount on an A2.

Is anyone using/know if this combo will clear the A2 handguard?

Yes however you won’t be able to get a 100yd zero. Tried this combo and ended up with their 20 moa mount recommended by cs tactical

Hey fellas.

I'm about to bite the bullet on a ZC527 and looking at a Spuhr 61602 to mount on an A2.

Is anyone using/know if this combo will clear the A2 handguard?
I'm running a 30MOA mount, I'm able to zero at 100 yards. 55 MOA might be a lot. What caliber or conversion kit are you running

Reactions: jbrand11