• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Yeah it used to beat the snot out of me with the old 2-port DTA brake. The Cadex helps, but people don't like me at my local range when I mount that barrel.

Yeah it used to beat the snot out of me with the old 2-port DTA brake. The Cadex helps, but people don't like me at my local range when I mount that barrel.
Can’t imagine why….
491F9FEE-3BBA-472B-B6FC-BF765017075B.png

beautiful set up though!

Reactions: deersniper
I ran all kinds of suppressors when I lived in New Zealand, but none were safe enough to run on that magnum shorty. I made one that I thought would be strong enough, but the baffle stack ended up at the 100m line. Now that I'm stateside again, no cans for me. Too bad too, because I wrote a new fluid solver that would have been handy for simulating flow through different 3D baffle designs.

I guess I’m uncultured swine because I don’t have a suppressor :). But in my defense, I live on a big farm and shoot by myself mostly. One of these days I’ll get one. I’m saving up for thermal, got a lot of beavers that need tending to!

FYI…

Nice rifle!!

Still waiting on my A2 Covert since December 3rd of 2020. Barrels took the longest for SAC to get. They received them in late June. Hopefully next few weeks it’ll be done.

Reactions: Zane777
Anyone got a good pic of the 10rd mags and how far past the stock they sit?

@Reload10 heres one. Technically 8round but it’s the same length as the smaller caliber 10 round. Same level as the grip

Attachments

• 37C64AE3-BDC4-49A1-8DD2-8E8E0787461C.jpeg
    37C64AE3-BDC4-49A1-8DD2-8E8E0787461C.jpeg
    996.9 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: Reload10
Need advice on a optic mount. Got a new optic with 56mm OBJ and want the optic as low as possible, yet without crashing the bell into the rail system. Something with at least 20MOA built in would be ideal. Any thoughts appreciated.

Need advice on a optic mount. Got a new optic with 56mm OBJ and want the optic as low as possible, yet without crashing the bell into the rail system. Something with at least 20MOA built in would be ideal. Any thoughts appreciated.
I use to run the spuhr 4802 with the G2 Razor , it was tight with scope caps so I switched to the 4808 mount and gives me more clearance and a better cheek weld
Screenshot_20210911-105844_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Sako man
Is not comfortable because because?
With less than a 1.5” mount in my opinion you have to jam your cheek down into the stock to get the proper sight out of the scope. It’s not like a traditional rifle, the rail and check piece are on the same line unlike traditional rifles. So you have to “get up there” in height to get the proper sight picture.

With less than a 1.5” mount in my opinion you have to jam your cheek down into the stock to get the proper sight out of the scope. It’s not like a traditional rifle, the rail and check piece are on the same line unlike traditional rifles. So you have to “get up there” in height to get the proper sight picture.
Ok I got you, and that's what I figured you guys were saying. So for some reason I have a weird face with high cheekbones and find the lower optics are easier on my neck. Difficult to explain without a diagram I guess. But the lower the better with me, I'm just weird. Another way to look at it is the higher I have to put the cheek rest the worse off my neck gets when sitting behind the optic in a prone position. Bottom line I think if a 1.375 height mount will work with a 56mm obj then awesome!

I just got an ARC qd-L in 1.5” and really like it for my ZCO.

I agree with the other commentary that much lower starts to make you crush your cheek. My comb adjustment is at its lowest and that’s about right for me. Also the 1.5” allows for a scope cap.

Vudu 5-25x50 in 1.375 rings for comparison. I mocked this up but am switching to 1.5s

View attachment 7701100View attachment 7701101
Damn this looks pretty much unusable for me and my chubby cheeks. I have a A2 Covert coming from SAC (hopefully soon) and have a TT315P sitting in some ARC 1.42” high rings but thinking that’ll still be too low (don’t feel like pulling my scope off my A1 and testing it to see) Was looking at maybe jumping up to the ERATAC Two Piece QD rings at 1.65”

Last edited:
Got an SRS A1, pretty much will not cycle with the 6.5 barrel in there. Bullet tips crash into the feed ramps. Kinda loads the 308 but not great. I am thinking when slamming a around it it's probably fucking up the seating depth and neck tension. I know it's an ongoing issue with some rifles, not sure what the fix is.

Got an SRS A1, pretty much will not cycle with the 6.5 barrel in there. Bullet tips crash into the feed ramps. Kinda loads the 308 but not great. I am thinking when slamming a around it it's probably fucking up the seating depth and neck tension. I know it's an ongoing issue with some rifles, not sure what the fix is.
Have pictures

Is this with one mag or several? I start with taking the sharp edges off the feed lips where they contact the case. If that’s not enough I just open them a little. 308 has a little more taper so the bullet tips present a little higher.

Last edited:
Reactions: waveslayer
Try a different mag, one of my 10 rounders is slightly too loose in the magwell and causes the round to nosedive into the feed ramp unless I push the bottom of the mag forward as I cycle the bolt. None of my 6 round mags have this problem and the two other 10 round mags do not have this issue.

Is this with one mag or several? I start with taking the sharp edges off the feed lips where they contact the case. If that’s not enough I just open them a little. 308 has a little more taper so the bullet tips present a little higher.
I was thinking of dremeling the ramp down a little and using some metal polish.I do the push thing on the mag as it helps, but it's not satisfactory. Happens on all my mags.

Ok, So.... After actually using my eyes to figure out the problem, I saw the crux of the issue. The problem is not in the barrel feed ramp but rather the magazines, DogTown alluded to this a few times. The stock magazines have a very sharp lip, combine that with upward spring tension and forward motion from the bolt you get sheering along the case shoulder and case body along the sharp lip of the magazine. The magazine digs in to the case and can create a lot of feed tension and bolt jam.

My solution was to dremel, and then sand with fine grit aluminum oxide sand paper along those sharp surfaces of the inner magazine lip/ramp. After doing this treatment to both my magazines I have found a night and day difference in feeding. Now feeding is very smooth with no snags when loading both 308 and 6.5. I suspect this will be further improved once I use some metal polish to bring the magazine lips to a fine polish.

20210914_174422.jpg

20210914_181807.jpg

Ok, So.... After actually using my eyes to figure out the problem, I saw the crux of the issue. The problem is not in the barrel feed ramp but rather the magazines, DogTown alluded to this a few times. The stock magazines have a very sharp lip, combine that with upward spring tension and forward motion from the bolt you get sheering along the case shoulder and case body along the sharp lip of the magazine. The magazine digs in to the case and can create a lot of feed tension and bolt jam.

My solution was to dremel, and then sand with fine grit aluminum oxide sand paper along those sharp surfaces of the inner magazine lip/ramp. After doing this treatment to both my magazines I have found a night and day difference in feeding. Now feeding is very smooth with no snags when loading both 308 and 6.5. I suspect this will be further improved once I use some metal polish to bring the magazine lips to a fine polish.

View attachment 7703570

View attachment 7703572

I have had to sand down almost all of my mags, and the fees lips, they were shredding my brass, which worried me about ruining my reloading dies. A little filing and sanding will help

Magazines have always been the weak link in the system, even though its initial design and features were a noble effort. Historically it’s a common problem in firearms, often resolved by 3rd party designs or just adopting an existing reliable mag during initial design.

For years people were saying “they should have just used AI mags” but that misses the point of what Nick was trying to do back in 2007. He basically wanted a mag that allowed longer COAL and had a shoulder capture feature. I just think he and his team just underestimated how difficult that was to develop.

Reactions: M77