• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ohio Disaster

Isolating the area and abandoning a town forever and literally re routing waterways verses sending it all into the air to travel hundreds of miles is not the lesser of two evils. Burning is on purpose was the worst decision they could have made.

Reactions: BurtG
Good to see you here medicjim, it's been a while.

And my personal opinion of all these derailments is just 'all bad'. There ain't no 'good' way about it, just "more bad" or "less bad".
How about hire the people need to make sure things are in working order. These damn gov agencies sure fuck it up all the time!

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
How about hire the people need to make sure things are in working order. These damn gov agencies sure fuck it up all the time!
Huh? The gov agencies don’t run the railroads, and this isn’t another cause for more overreaching regulators to “fix” the problem.

The last thing we need are more fucking alphabet agency feds.

Huh? The gov agencies don’t run the railroads, and this isn’t another cause for more overreaching regulators to “fix” the problem.

The last thing we need are more fucking alphabet agency feds.
Didnt say they did. Just saying that they are involved to a degree and they only fuck up shit. That is just a fact of life with good ol gov. These modern times they are here to fuck shit up rather then not. DO gun laws ring a bell of how gov is involved. Yet know nothing about fuckin firearms haha!

ozs6wEN4QvVK.jpeg

Isolating the area and abandoning a town forever and literally re routing waterways verses sending it all into the air to travel hundreds of miles is not the lesser of two evils. Burning is on purpose was the worst decision they could have made.

No, burning it was the right call. Most of what was in the air was no longer vinyl chloride.

The solution to pollution is dilution. 6 train cars of chemicals enter the Ohio river. How many PPM once they are mixed with a large fast moving river? How long before they reach the Mississippi? How many PPM after they mixed with a larger faster moving river? How long before they reach the ocean now? How many PPM once dispersed in the ocean?

Seems burning it was probably a smart move to keep most of it out of the river, and ground water all together. Can anyone articulate why it was the worst of the options? Can anyone tell me what chemical compounds are in the smoke, and their dispersion {preferably in PPM} at this time?

7bduv9.jpg

The reason it was a bad idea is this was not on fire in the first place, if a train was to derail and explode and light on fire then yes let it burn, the runoff from the amount of water used to put it out would have been an insane amount.

To my knowledge this was stable inside cars, leaking perhaps, on fire no. We are trained to cap leaks… intentionally pouring it on the ground and lighting it on fire instead of coming up with a transfer plan to intacked rail cars, or trucks? Not likely

To me this seemed like a rash plan to get the railway back open as soon as possible.

On all of this, time will tell

Last edited:
Most coverage of the train wreck in Palestine, Ohio is missing one word: dioxin. There were reportedly 14 tanker cars full of vinyl chloride, a precursor to polyvinyl chloride — that is, vinyl. Burning vinyl is the most serious source of dioxin in the environment — whether from trash incinerators, house fires or chemical spills.

Hello, it’s me Bender, I’m here once again to tell you that this is satanic. This is how in their mind they resolve them selves of karmic debt. They put what they are going to do into movies and somehow it magically removes all repercussions or karma that may come back from their actions. I know I sound crazy, but this is literally what’s happening.

Thank you for your time, tune in for next time on our “what are the satanists up to?”

Your friend Bender.
You're not crazy. This is how Satanism works. If they tell you they're going to do something to you, and you accept it, they don't suffer repercussions.

Personally I don't know enough about the event to really comment on it. However there is one thing that I do know. Events like this being "not news" tells me something, the Pres, and his "people" not saying anything about it, and even laughing about it tells me all I need to know.

Only question I have was Ellis Wyatt anywhere around.

(lets see how many get that)

This entire debacle stinks of corruption, arrogance, and incompetence at the highest levels of industry, and government.

I try to avoid being a tinfoilist at all cost, but damn if it isn’t hard to ignore that a Netflix movie called “white noise” came out late last year that takes place in Ohio and is about a toxic cloud from a train derailment. We watched it about a month ago.

WTF.
Pretty soon, good old bender doesn’t sound so crazy anymore lol.

The reason it was a bad idea is this was not on fire in the first place, if a train was to derail and explode and light on fire then yes let it burn, the runoff from the amount of water used to put it out would have been an insane amount.

To my knowledge this was stable inside cars, leaking perhaps, on fire no. We are trained to cap leaks, intentionally pouring it on the ground and lighting it on fire instead of coming up with a transfer plan to intacked rail cars, or trucks.

To me this seemed like a rash plan to get the railway back open as soon as possible.

On all of this, time will tell

It started out as a leak and then caught fire, that's why they did the controlled burn. Initially they were just monitoring it while it was leaking. It was a rash plan because they didn't have a lot of time to come up with a better plan before it became critical and exploded.

The screwed up part is the soil remediation never occurred because there's already new track laid.

The night of the derailment it was like 13 degrees firefighters were fighting frozen water issues. The car that was burning was venting vinyl chloride for like 3days. It was like a giant bic lighter they couldn't put out. It eventually got so hot they became concerned it would explode. They decide to blow it in a way that they could control it. It was the lesser of 2 evils... why it came off the tracks is another discussion. Run more bigger trains, with less people system wide. What can go wrong. Well i hope they found out. I am grateful no one was killed or seriously injured.

Reactions: earthquake
My question about the initial tanker car on fire; firefighting and water supply issues are not uncommon especially the further the temp drops below freezing, that being said master-streams are established and used to cool exposer fuel sources from igniting, then fire suppression begins, in situations like this why not call in mutual-aid, airport trucks with Ansul foam or similar systems. Unfortunately I'm of the opinion this disaster is far from over, the silence form media and message from gov. agencies "everything has been tested and is fine", nothing to see here attitude causes me to keep one eye open.

My question about the initial tanker car on fire; firefighting and water supply issues are not uncommon especially the further the temp drops below freezing, that being said master-streams are established and used to cool exposer fuel sources from igniting, then fire suppression begins, in situations like this why not call in mutual-aid, airport trucks with Ansul foam or similar systems. Unfortunately I'm of the opinion this disaster is far from over, the silence form media and message from gov. agencies "everything has been tested and is fine", nothing to see here attitude causes me to keep one eye open.
50 departments were called in from PA and OH. It is mostly a rural area. I'm sure there was a lack of sophisticated equipment at first.

Some interesting facts shared in this article which strikes me as 'fairly responsible' in stark contrast to much of the drama filled anecdote being flung about like Monkeys with a bucket of fresh poo.

Reactions: supercorndogs
The night of the derailment it was like 13 degrees firefighters were fighting frozen water issues. The car that was burning was venting vinyl chloride for like 3days. It was like a giant bic lighter they couldn't put out. It eventually got so hot they became concerned it would explode. They decide to blow it in a way that they could control it. It was the lesser of 2 evils... why it came off the tracks is another discussion. Run more bigger trains, with less people system wide. What can go wrong. Well i hope they found out. I am grateful no one was killed or seriously injured.

50 departments were called in from PA and OH. It is mostly a rural area. I'm sure there was a lack of sophisticated equipment at first.
When you say 50 Departments were called in how many of them responded "On Location"? If they had enough time to establish firefighting resources from 50 other locations that implies to me there was ample time to gather airport crash rescue and dedicated Hazmat resources. The local fire chief could not ask for a bigger turd to get dumped on his department, local emergency management had to have plans on the book for a train derailment with chemicals. As this story continues to unfold it will be interesting too see the discussion for contain & off load material vs. burn it that have the least negative impact.

Some interesting facts shared in this article which strikes me as 'fairly responsible' in stark contrast to much of the drama filled anecdote being flung about like Monkeys with a bucket of fresh poo.

I didn’t see anything there that says lighting it on fire was a good idea

You remind me of the police here that defend other police unprofessional / criminal behavior

1676584837015.png

SAFETY DATA SHEET
GHS product identifier
Other means of
identification
Product type
Section 1. Identification
Chemical name : vinyl chloride
Supplier's details :
Vinyl Chloride

Extremely flammable gas.
May form explosive mixtures with air.
Contains gas under pressure; may explode if heated.
May cause frostbite
May displace oxygen and cause rapid suffocation.
May cause cancer.
May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure. (liver)

Uhm...they set it on fire three days later. You mean they couldn't get together a decent hazmat team in 3 days???

Reactions: 10ring'r and BurtG
I didn’t see anything there that says lighting it on fire was a good idea
You remind me of the police here that defend other police unprofessional / criminal behavior
What I wrote, exactly "The gas is pretty bad news and you really do not want a cloud of it floating through town (vapor density is 2.2, heavier than air)... so one option to mitigate it is actually to burn it off."

I don't see any defense of the local firefighters in my quote. Maybe you confused my post with someone else?

Did anyone read the article I posted? Did you see this bit?

"Some of the derailed cars also released ethylene glycol monobutyl ether, ethylhexyl acrylate, isobutylene and butyl acrylate, all of which can cause lung irritation, nausea and dizziness. Most of these leaked out of the cars without vapourizing and ended up in the Ohio river causing some damage to wildlife."

Last edited:
Uhm...they set it on fire three days later. You mean they couldn't get together a decent hazmat team in 3 days???
Train transportation is significantly better than over the road when it comes to central sources... the train manifest would have been available, the rail resources would have had similar info, and just about every fire department in the US knows how to contact CHEMTREC. Detailed facts would have been available at the command post under worst case circumstances within hours. I'm sure they had a deep bench of hazmat folks available on day 1-2 as well.

I found this link https://response.epa.gov/site/site_profile.aspx?site_id=15933

-I see several confirmations of spill and contamination.
-I see statements on and around the 6th indicating that the railway hired contractors to perform mitigation
-I see the planned burn off was first mentioned late on the night of the 6th.
-I do not see EPA stating that waterways are not contaminated. I do see them stating that at a specific date / time, wells were tested and found to be free of contamination. This is SUPER helpful if those wells become contaminated later, because the homeowners can now prove direct cause... necessary in this sort of lawsuit

- check this direct quote

"February 7, 2023 Update

During Norfolk Southern’s controlled burn yesterday of rail cars containing vinyl chloride, U.S. EPA air monitoring detected particulate matter resulting from the fire."

The Palestine derailment was the 4th derailment here in Ohio this year, 2023 and only February. One happened in my town exactly a week before this one. I just think RR infrastructure is shit and underfunded/neglected or whatever and we're paying for it now. I don't think it's alien balloons and NWO conspiracies.