• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ok, new stock from McMillans

Re: Ok, new stock from McMillans

Guys Dick isn't sure if the MkII will fit but has taken on the task to measure one and see if he can make it work, He doesn't have any in shop so Ill be driving mine down to McMillan sometime soon to get it measured so stay tuned MkII owners.

Totally stoked on a 452 M40A1 stock!! Will match my turn=in build & serve as a trainer for it!!!!! I wanted the Manner's in th T1 profille, but they aren't on the polling list.... No complaints from me at all though! Would much rather have the M40A1 stock for this project!

Thanks Mr. Davis & Company!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any link available to find this on McMillan's website?? Or, should we just call to place our orders? Thanks!! </div></div>

I dont think we shall see anything till the SHOT show Bill

Ok, to answer a couple of question.
ISBe, Sorry, but we have never had a 504 in here, have no programming for inletting for it, and don't think I have had more that two or three requests for one in the last 4 or 5 years.
Nothing on the web-site yet about the M40A22. It looks just like the HTG, available in all the same finishes and costs the same price. We are taking orders for it now and the mold should be done when we get back from the SHOT SHOW. Maybe on the web-site in Feb. or March.

Dick,

What is the current lead time for stocks, and just to verify, you do inlet for the Sako Quad as well, correct? Thanks.

The current lead time on most of our stock orders is about 10-14 weeks. We can inlet the M40A1 for the Sako Quad but to get this action to fit in this stock we have to set it about .10" above center of bore and move it forward about 3/8" so it has kind of a long trigger reach. Works fine if you have big hands, but not so good with small hands. It will feel different than a Remington trigger in the same stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCCHET9296</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok Dick lets see some pics! </div></div>Considering he's at shot show you need to slow your roll, also I was at McMillan a few days ago (Friday I think) and he said that the mold was being finished and we should expect the first stock to be ready sometime after shot. The guys down there are very busy and they are working hard on this project among others.

Like others, I am pleased to see McMillan offering an excellent stock for the rimfire market.

Like others, I am mildly confused about the lack of interest expressed in Savage MKII inlets.

I think there might be some reasonable explanation(s).

Savage buyers/shooters are motivated in no small part by a preference for economical purchases. I would understand some hesitation on their part to seriously consider the kind of investment a McMillan stock upgrade would represent; and the logical perception of such by McMillan.

But are such assumpltions really valid?

Are enough Savage MKII owners interested in the option, and would they act on one's (or more's) availability?

Dick makes perfect sense when he points out the lack of expressed interest. On the other hand, I believe many Savage C/F owners have rejected the logic that their rifles don't warrant expensive upgrades.

So I'd say that if Savage MKII owners want such an option; they can't require Dick to find out about it by staring into a crystal ball.

Heck, he may not even own one...

Greg

I wish the lead time was 10-14 weeks , I have been waiting for over 6 mths now , on a A2 stock , flat top .

Later Chris