• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes OK, you win, set me up w/ a NF

Acer2428

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2008
IA, USA
Ok, finally getting to the point where I can move up to the next tier in glass. Not happy w/ my VX II's and Sightron SII's anymore.

After lots of reading and waffling, I've decided to go NF. I figure I'll go F1, zero stops, etc.

My brain is new to dialing, so I may as well tech myself mil/mil now.

What reticle is reccomended?

On to mounts: There's some Warne 2-piece 0 MOA rail on there that I'd like to ditch. So, I figured I'd go Seekins on the whole shebang. ANyone have any experience with the Direct Mount? Good/Bad/stick w/ Seekins?

It's a remmy 700 in an AICS chassis. Tried to find measurements on NF's sight, but what size rings am I going to want to run?

Once I'm ready to pull the trigger, where's the best spot to grab one?

Thanks all.

Re: OK, you win, set me up w/ a NF

Call Jay at Sport Optics. I recently bought my first NF from him. I talked with him to get recommendations, then did a bunch more research, and ended up getting what he had originally suggested. He had the scope, base, and rings in stock with competitve pricing. Shipped the day after my order and only took 2 more days to get to me. No tax or shipping.

ETA: Also, check out the website shooterready.com and play with the demos there. You can get a good feel for FFP vs. SFP, mils vs. moa, reticles, etc.

MLR2 for the reticle in that scope. Much nicer than the original MLR that I used to have.

The F1 comes with NF Ultralite 1" height rings that will work fine for it. Get a Seekins 20 MOA base and you will be all set.

Rob is spot on, I moved from a NF F1 with the standard MLR to one of the new MLR2 and it is much nicer and more user friendly. The rings are good to go and the Seekins base is pretty good as well, it's pretty hard to screw up a set up like that.

Will jump on the Sport Optics and speaking with Jay train. He was a great deal of help with my first NF selection. I could only float the non F1 with the MLR recticle, but am quite happy with the scope, and beyond satisfied with the customer service at Sport Optics!!!

Another vote for the F1/MLR2 combo. After using it, I really wish I had been able to get it instead of my first SFP 3.5-15x50, but of course it wasn't available then. The MLR2 is really a very nice balance between the ability to use the reticle precisely and still have it heavy enough for easy visibility/acquisition.

Received my NF 5.5-22x56 from Chris at SportOptics today. I cant say enough about their service, including the time they spend with customers,their overall knowledge, and they will work with Hide folks! Their inventory is significant, scope was in stock but the factory had the unimount bo'd. Still only took a short time to get the whole package.

Thanks again Chris and SportOptics
Mark

Go with the MLR2 reticle.

If you are running a standard Rem varmint contour barrel, the .885" rings will work just fine and leave room for the bikini scope cover or butler creek caps.