• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Old reloads

Kinsman

Slacker
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2006
Dallas, Georgia
I'm still cleaning out the shop at the old place. After all I've only been in the new house four years.

Today I found a box of various caliber reloads that I bought at a estate sale about 20 years ago. I had put them away and forgot about them.
One box of 45 Autorim. I don't have a darned thing that shoots 45 Autorim, or anyone that does.
I found a box of 22 wrf also. Not reloads, but just as useless as the Autorims.
Strange how things get pushed aside and then come up as a surprise when you find it again.
I'm finding a lot of things that I forgot I had. A hand trap that I need now. A 30 cal deprimer for a lee die. And about a thousand, maybe two of various caliber brass stuffed away in coffee cans......

Re: Old reloads

I forget about stuff that I've bought a couple weeks ago let alone 20 years.

I need less hobbies

You put things back thinking you may want or need them, and presto, ........ Twenty years have come and gone!

Just looking through a cigar box that I brought home yesterday. 15 boxes of Winchester Staynless Primers. Old.
I.ve had them for 20 yrs or more. I think that if I open them and they're not corroded, I will use them. I'm loading some 223 now to throw downrange. A misfire won't be a tragedy.
I kinda hate to open them. Any collectors value to anything like this?

LOL we all have fallen into the same trap... No where did I put that thing?
smile.gif

J