• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

On Barrel Cleaning with Erik Cortina - ROFLMAO!

food-fight-game.jpg

LOL....seems we can turn any thread into a food fight. haha

• Haha
Reactions: BigPrince
what i always find funny is we all have our "go to" people

yet when they are all in the same room, they differ/ have different opinions

so either;

they are all correct, which means nothing matters

they are all wrong, which means we dont know enough yet

so either;

And many times it means that there might be more than one way to accomplish a goal with the same end results. Which seems like a reasonable conclusion to reach considering how different people are.

so either;

I don't think any one person does anything exactly the same. Especially when it comes to barrel cleaning. Look at the comment here stating "just do what all the BR shooters do" - they all do it differently, so good luck with that. To suggest that there's a universal consensus amongst competitive shooters on how to clean a barrel is nonsense.

There's no way to objectively compare barrel cleaning methods. It's kind of an it either "works" or it doesn't sort of thing, and many, many different methods and products "work" to clean a barrel. As long as you aren't damaging your barrel or constantly struggling with things such as carbon rings, who's to say that any specific method is better than another?

I don't mind Erik Cortina - he can be a bit off-putting at times and I can see how his personality grates on people. For example, I hate how he is completely dismissive of statistical analysis when it comes to the conversation of tuners, and relies on flawed anecdotes to make his argument. That said, I'm glad he shares the knowledge that he's obtained on precision shooting - even if I don't personally agree with all of it. I still think as a group we are better off having knowledge like his publicly shared.

I don't think any one person does anything exactly the same. Especially when it comes to barrel cleaning. Look at the comment here stating "just do what all the BR shooters do" - they all do it differently, so good luck with that. To suggest that there's a universal consensus amongst competitive shooters on how to clean a barrel is nonsense.

There's no way to objectively compare barrel cleaning methods. It's kind of an it either "works" or it doesn't sort of thing, and many, many different methods and products "work" to clean a barrel. As long as you aren't damaging your barrel or constantly struggling with things such as carbon rings, who's to say that any specific method is better than another?

I don't mind Erik Cortina - he can be a bit off-putting at times and I can see how his personality grates on people. For example, I hate how he is completely dismissive of statistical analysis when it comes to the conversation of tuners, and relies on flawed anecdotes to make his argument. That said, I'm glad he shares the knowledge that he's obtained on precision shooting - even if I don't personally agree with all of it. I still think as a group we are better off having knowledge like his publicly shared.
lets us argue more too lol

imagine if there was only 1 correct/ best way when discussing firearms

what would all the hide members do at work :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

These threads almost always stem from confirmation bias or affirmation; support for why someone believes something or support for the decision someone has already made. Very little new information is ever introduced and almost no one is persuaded. Individual held beliefs are based on anecdotes and religious in nature.

Example: 'Clean your barrel like you clean your butthole'.
Forum Post: ROFLCOPTER, some famous person believes what I believe and is boomer-funny. Tell everyone. FW FW FW FW:

Last edited:
Reactions: kthomas
I made a statement, and like always, the nut-swingers got pissy and misconstrued it, even though I just said I couldn’t stand him for personal reasons, and they all decided to jump on his dick and try to ride it.

As for your opinion of me, I love how you don’t know what you don’t know, yet you think you have me all figured out. 😂

As for the internet being better off without me, hell, the internet has become a circus…We’re ALL just a bunch of clowns in it…Including you. Get used to it.

You're not a victim. Your first post in this thread was about your conflict with Alex Wheeler and Erik Cortina. Your post was about you, you made yourself the subject. You received the negative attention you were seeking. It's you, you are the problem.

You're not a victim. Your first post in this thread was about your conflict with Alex Wheeler and Erik Cortina. Your post was about you, you made yourself the subject. You received the negative attention you were seeking. It's you, you are the problem.
I know I’m not the victim, you’re the one trying to make me look like one. My opinion is my opinion. His is his. Your’s is your’s. You constantly dismissing everything I say simply because you don’t like me is the problem. If you dug your head out of your ass long enough to see, you might realize that just because you don’t like someone, doesn’t mean they’re automatically wrong 24/7, 365… So people like you are the problem.

I don’t go around interjecting myself into your posts every goddamn time you make a comment on every thread do I? Most of the time I just ignore you. But you do that to me, every time you run across one of my posts…Followed by some smartass quip. So, who’s the one that’s really causing the problem? You’re the one feeling the need to constantly interject yourself, to contradict everything I say in some personal vendetta to discredit me, by feeling the need to call me out every time I say something you don’t like. Stop projecting…You’re as bad as the damn democrats.

This talk about ass cleaning reminds me of the prep for my colonoscopy last November. The evening before, you take one of two bottles of the prep. It is designed to get you cleaned out. First, the day has been nothing but water, Gatorade and lime jello. So, you start the first dose at 6 pm. By the way, make sure you have what you need set up at the commode. Trust me.

Within 20 minutes, it begins. What is left of your brains will leave through your anus. One of my bosses, who has been through this before said that you will create the most awful smells ever. Well, for me, that's a Sunday evening. You have to drink a lot of water with it. So, I set up my laptop, ext cord, portable DVD player and a few movies to watch.

Approximately 3 hours until you finally dry up a bit. By the way, I hope you bought incontinence underwear. If alone, as I was, you might need to get to the fridge or get more water. Also, have some wet wipes. Some of your output will be acidic.

So, be prepared to sing my altered version of a Johnny Cash song.

"I sat on a burning ring of fire. I sat down, down, down and the flames were getting higher."

Lay down and take a bit of a nap with the alarm set for midnight. Get up, drink the second dose, camp out on the commode for another 3 hours, standing once in a while, watch another movie.

Lay down and take another nap until the alarm goes off at 6 am.

Get to your appointment, get sedated.

I woke up in the day room and the doctor brought me coffee and some water.

"Do you have any questions, Senor Pendejo?" (not my real name but descriptive, nonetheless.)

"Yes. Did you find Jimmy Hoffa?"

"No, we did not."

So, yeah, I like to clean the barrel until the patch is pretty clean. With rifles that is.

This talk about ass cleaning reminds me of the prep for my colonoscopy last November. The evening before, you take one of two bottles of the prep. It is designed to get you cleaned out. First, the day has been nothing but water, Gatorade and lime jello. So, you start the first dose at 6 pm. By the way, make sure you have what you need set up at the commode. Trust me.

Within 20 minutes, it begins. What is left of your brains will leave through your anus. One of my bosses, who has been through this before said that you will create the most awful smells ever. Well, for me, that's a Sunday evening. You have to drink a lot of water with it. So, I set up my laptop, ext cord, portable DVD player and a few movies to watch.

Approximately 3 hours until you finally dry up a bit. By the way, I hope you bought incontinence underwear. If alone, as I was, you might need to get to the fridge or get more water. Also, have some wet wipes. Some of your output will be acidic.

So, be prepared to sing my altered version of a Johnny Cash song.

"I sat on a burning ring of fire. I sat down, down, down and the flames were getting higher."

Lay down and take a bit of a nap with the alarm set for midnight. Get up, drink the second dose, camp out on the commode for another 3 hours, standing once in a while, watch another movie.

Lay down and take another nap until the alarm goes off at 6 am.

Get to your appointment, get sedated.

I woke up in the day room and the doctor brought me coffee and some water.

"Do you have any questions, Senor Pendejo?" (not my real name but descriptive, nonetheless.)

"Yes. Did you find Jimmy Hoffa?"

"No, we did not."

So, yeah, I like to clean the barrel until the patch is pretty clean. With rifles that is.
I was disappointed with my pre colonoscopy cleanse, I've had better results from taco bell 🔔

I'm assuming the same rules about metallic brushes and abrasive cleaning compounds apply to both as well. So many similarities I'd just never previously considered.

Probably so, but I wouldnt recommend volunteering that you've needed to use metallic brushes on your asshole either. Might raise a few red flags in the steamroom.

• Haha
Reactions: lash