• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One very lucky LEO***Interesting update in post #39

It’s bad. More and more coming into the country now.

That is the scariest thing I've ever seen. Good grief that's awful. That damn Biden is letting it in too!

@ 1:46 when he opens his shirt it appears his vest has been use as target practice looks like a bullet hole in it? Or is it jus me?

My BIL is EMT and goes through this all the time. He told me he once saved the same guy twice in one day. And yes, he said they get pissed. :(
Idk what it is with people ODing in the shower, but we got those calls a lot.

Got to hate wrestling a naked and slippery drug addict

Reactions: Familydude
I'm still of the opinion that narcan/narcanol should only be used on First Responders.

NOT Junkies.

Some animals are more equal eh?

Can we also turn down anyone who’s over ideal body weight?

Ether you’re for saving lives or your not, if you’re not..crazy thought, maybe medicine might not be for you.

Ether you’re for saving lives or your not, if you’re not..crazy thought, maybe medicine might not be for you.
I instinctively sort of agreed with the initial sentiments, but the "some animals are more equal " line from Animal Farm was well placed here.

end thread, great post

It took 6 doses of Narcan to bring him back and keep him alive and he didn't take the fentanyl.
That shit is hell fire.

Reactions: Maggot
That shit is weapons grade imagine if someone dispersed that . That LEO was very lucky it was unbelievable what happen to him just being that close to that shit.

Most the guys at the factory will tell you they don't think narcan should be available because the people they know use it to come back from intentionally ODing because they want the highest high they can experience and not die, maybe. Maaaybe.
We actually saw local overdoses increase after the county health systems began providing Narcan to all LE in the county. The addicts all started pairing up and taking turns using, counting on LE’s quick response to save their asses. Of course, IL also has a law in place decriminalizing user amounts of opiates as long as someone calls to report an overdose and request medical assistance. Anything located on the scene is disposed of and they go back to using again…
It seems we have proponents here, whom think this is a good idea.....?

Sporting, even?

I guess I have a different realm of responsibility and regard.
Some of our medics/EMTs were asking recently why my partner and I used all 4 doses of Narcan available to us to bring back an addict (this was the 3rd Narcan reversal in the last month for her) while we waited on them to respond. Once she woke up, she was completely alert and refused to be transported. The medics/EMTs complained this is one of the reasons they provide Narcan in smaller doses, to prevent a refusal for transport to the hospital (since Narcan wears off, and they can go right back into OD).

I told them straight up I refuse to feel responsible for someone’s death, knowing I had the tools to stop it at my disposal (especially taking into account that our actions came at zero risk to our well-being).

No matter how I feel about someone’s personal responsibility (on which, your and my ideology likely align), I won’t just stand by and watch someone fade to black.

Fentanyl is scary shit. It’ll kill you through inhalation or absorption before you even know you were exposed.

As for the Narcan debate, I’m in the ‘Narcan them all’ camp. A few years ago I had a 15 year old girl sobbing in my arms begging me to get her mommy back from an OD. We did not yet have Narcan. The mom died. The girl cried. I cried also.

Yes, I get the sentiment about “hell, they’re just a druggie”, but they’re not the only ones affected. And sometimes the save works out. Another OD I was at ended up with the guy being sober now for five years, with a wonderful life, great relationship with his spouse and kids, and it warms my heart.

On the other hand, I don’t judge those who see it differently, we all have to make our own minds up.

I'm still of the opinion that narcan/narcanol should only be used on First Responders.

NOT Junkies.
Fentanyl is scary shit. It’ll kill you through inhalation or absorption before you even know you were exposed.

As for the Narcan debate, I’m in the ‘Narcan them all’ camp. A few years ago I had a 15 year old girl sobbing in my arms begging me to get her mommy back from an OD. We did not yet have Narcan. The mom died. The girl cried. I cried also.

Yes, I get the sentiment about “hell, they’re just a druggie”, but they’re not the only ones affected. And sometimes the save works out. Another OD I was at ended up with the guy being sober now for five years, with a wonderful life, great relationship with his spouse and kids, and it warms my heart.

On the other hand, I don’t judge those who see it differently, we all have to make our own minds up.
Solid post. Hopefully that 15y/o girl is in a stable household with a new family and is thriving.

Sweet Mary, I had no idea the just being in contact or even in the vicinity of this should could have such effects on a person.
Thanks for sharing. Time for another drug talk with the kids.

Did he touch it, taste it or breath it?
How did he get it in him

I didnt see that question addressed. I common way to check for cocaine is to just touch a small bit to your tongue. Apparently it doesnt take much of this garbage.

In it's pure powdered form all you have to do is touch it to get that result.

Reactions: Bender

NOT Junkies.

Yes and no. I get what you're saying but kids do not understand the strength and the pharmacokinetics of this drug. It only takes one time, one mistake, one bad choice. We have all made bad choices of varying magnitude but I do not believe this choice should result in a dirt nap if it can be avoided.

Now, the drug dealers on the other hand....they can die.

Dealers that spike shit with Fentanyl should be auto charged with attempted murder min!

I know someone who manages a bunch of halfway houses. They've had multiple deaths as a result of Marijuana spiked with Fentanyl.

It's not just the heroin junkies dying from this shit.

It is not necessarily the dealers lacing their product and potentially killing their customers, it's the users themselves who have built up a tolerance and need the fentanyl to get them high. Believe it or not but there are drug addicts out there that have built up something of a tolerance to this now too.

That shit is weapons grade imagine if someone dispersed that . That LEO was very lucky it was unbelievable what happen to him just being that close to that shit.

Anyone remember this from 2 years ago?

Mainstream US news never picked it up... Always thought that was odd.............................

Anyone remember this from 2 years ago?

Mainstream US news never picked it up... Always thought that was odd.............................
Jesus wept. that would kill everybody in the country. We owe the Mexicans one for that.

I didnt see that question addressed. I common way to check for cocaine is to just touch a small bit to your tongue. Apparently it doesnt take much of this garbage.
That was actually movie stuff. Officers use gloves and are furnished with field test kits in many cases. The last thing they do is have skin contact or taste an unknown substance for this very reason.

That was actually movie stuff. Officers use gloves and are furnished with field test kits in many cases. The last thing they do is have skin contact or taste an unknown substance for this very reason.

Also if you think putting anything you pull out of a strangers pockets into your mouth is something you should do, well that’s it’s own special type of stupid

They should treat this shit like a WMD.

By my math 24lb's of pure Fentanyl is enough to kill 15,565,000 adults!

How is that not a WMD?
It absolutely is. Why in the HELL Biden is letting this catastrophic poisoning happen I just don't know. It's sick !

Also if you think putting anything you pull out of a strangers pockets into your mouth is something you should do, well that’s it’s own special type of stupid
I agree. I think because that was shown in so many movies and tv shows a large majority of people believe it. It seems plausible until you apply common sense to it.

“Sir, please empty your pockets and place the items on the hood of my car so I can taste them. Do it now.”

I used to think like in the movies, you could actually have a conversation with your partner when skydiving, until I did it. Nope. Light bulb goes on and I realize that wind at terminal velocity doesn’t allow for that. Motorcycle, hurricane, skydiving, whatever. Stupid on me.

There may be more to ths story than was told, Ill admit I dont know the science there putting up. I did read that Albert Hoffman, the one who discovered LSD, got wasted from working with it in the Lab. Absorbed it through his skin I believe.

Video Of Deputy's Drug Collapse Questioned - The Wall.fyi

https://www.thewall.fyi › Americas

1 hour ago — SAN DIEGO — Sheriff's physique digicam video of a deputy apparently passing out after a superior cautioned him that the medication he had ...

This news source and some of those mentioned in it tend to lean in a certain direction very strongly. Edit to add link.

Link doesn’t work. Copy past the rest of whats said
Worked for me but here ya go.

2c88bf369736d74bde4633e56793b1b2

SAN DIEGO — Sheriff’s physique digicam video of a deputy apparently passing out after a superior cautioned him that the medication he had seized have been “super dangerous” went viral with nationwide information protection Friday, however not earlier than some consultants expressed doubts concerning the state of affairs.
The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department launched physique digicam video of the July 3 incident Thursday, greater than a month after the seizure of what deputies stated was confirmed to be artificial opioid fentanyl, a drug that has defied border boundaries and boosted annual overdose deaths here by 200 percent final yr.
The division billed the video as a cautionary story about simply how potent fentanyl, identified for uplifting hazmat responses to suspected drug homes, may be.
“My trainee was exposed to fentanyl and nearly died,” Cpl. Scott Crane stated within the video.
While the sheriff’s division stands by the video as an archive of what one of many world’s deadliest road medication can just do by being in its presence, some consultants see it as an inconceivable, if not unimaginable, incident.
They level to analysis that has but to validate regulation enforcement claims that simply being close to the drug, or touching it, can result in overdoses.
“We have a lot of scientific evidence and a good knowledge of chemical laws and the way that these drugs work that says this is impossible,” stated Ryan Marino, medical director for toxicology and dependancy at University Hospitals in Cleveland.
“You can’t just touch fentanyl and overdose,” he stated. “It doesn’t just get into the air and make people overdose.”
Academics at University of California, San Diego and North Carolina’s nonprofit RTI (Research Triangle International) revealed a paper in June within the peer-reviewed International Journal of Drug Policy that concluded there are not any confirmed touch-based instances of first responder fentanyl overdoses, even when naloxone was used to revive them.
Story continues
Citing comparable conclusions on skin contact from the American College of Medical Toxicology and the American Academy of Clinical Toxicology, the International Journal of Drug Policy paper additionally urged that panic assaults have been at work, and that hyperbolic details about fentanyl did not assist.
The researchers at UC San Diego and RTI blamed social media and the U.S. authorities for “dubious information about fentanyl risks.”
Regarding airborne fentanyl, researchers have stated it could take a number of it, and a longtime in its presence, to trigger an overdose.
Tara Stamos-Buesig, govt director of the Harm Reduction Coalition of San Diego, says she’s confronted potential fentanyl publicity practically on a regular basis when she arms out clear needles to addicts in a bid to forestall the sort of Hepatitis A nightmare among local homeless that sparked a statewide emergency in 2017.
“I haven’t had a response” to being close to the drug, she stated.
The peer-reviewed Journal of Emergency Medical Services has urged “growing hysteria” about fentanyl for the adversarial first responder responses and stated “victims complain of a variety of nonspecific symptoms including dizziness, anxiety, fatigue, dyspnea, nausea, vomiting and syncope.”
Deputy David Faiivae, who was standing on the rear of a patrol SUV processing the medication allegedly present in a close-by Jeep, stated on the video: “I remember not feeling right, and then I fell back. I don’t remember anything after that.”
A sheriff’s division spokeswoman stated the deputy was overseas and unavailable for interviews.
Crane had simply advised him: “That stuff’s no joke dude. It’s super dangerous.”
Sheila P. Vakharia, deputy director of analysis and tutorial engagement on the Drug Policy Alliance, stated by e-mail that the video contributes to “opioid phobia” and probably the most egregious features of the unsuccessful war on drugs.
She stated three out of 4 individuals charged in fentanyl instances are Black and Latino and that they face longer sentences than these focused for different medication.
The video “strengthens public support for more drug enforcement because these drugs are viewed as so lethal that we must get them off the streets at any cost,” Vakharia stated. “It grows public support for harsher penalties for these substances and for people who sell them, doubling down on the failed drug war tactics of the past.”
She, like Stamos-Buesig, stated Faiivae’s response to the drug did not look something like opioid overdoses they’ve seen. “It is clear that the trainee was so afraid and nervous that he likely had an extreme anxiety response to whatever he was handling,” Vakharia stated.
Others say cops collapsing on the scene of drug busts may dissuade different first responders from giving wanted care, and it may make these reaching for 911 when buddies are in misery suppose twice.
Annick Bórquez, an assistant professor of infectious illnesses and international public well being at UC San Diego, stated by e-mail, “I do think there is a true danger in creating fear around inadvertent fentanyl exposure as it might further limit much needed initiatives to increase overdose responses.”
This yr the San Diego County Board of Supervisors, reflecting its leftward political drift and the river of fentanyl from Mexico, modified its stance from opposing hurt discount to selling it, together with widespread naloxone distribution and assist for needle change packages.
One factor regulation enforcement, medical researchers and harm-reduction teams appear to agree on in relation to opioids is that this: Having naloxone on-hand, because the sheriff’s division does, is a confirmed lifesaver.
While it is true that mega-potent fentanyl has flooded California and led to a darkish wave of overdose deaths, it is also true that the potential heart-stopper, described as being greater than 30 occasions stronger than old-school heroin, has been round for greater than 60 years.
Synthetic opioids first made a splash on the black market in 1979, when two males in adjoining Orange County died after overdosing on what they believed was heroin. The medication have been offered as “China white,” which did not encourage the first-responder security issues of right now.
In respectable medical settings, fentanyl is a authorized analgesic used for ache reduction.
A sheriff’s spokeswoman, Lt. Amber Braggs, stated she was engaged on answering quite a lot of questions, together with how the division got here to the medical conclusion that Faiivae was felled by inhaling or touching fentanyl.
The video states the cache on the scene had simply been discipline examined and turned up constructive for the drug.
Braggs stated particulars of Faiivae’s analysis have been protected by the federal HIPAA privacy rule, though it did not cease the division from publicizing his medical emergency, and the regulation does not cowl regulation enforcement.
She pointed to info from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration to assist the division’s competition that the deputy was a sufferer of uncommon pores and skin or airborne publicity.
“Deputy Faiivae was exposed to Fentanyl and then collapsed and could not breathe,” Braggs stated by e-mail. “He absolutely showed the signs of an opioid overdose. After Naloxone was administered, he began to breathe again.”
Shane Harris, president of the People’s Association of Justice Advocates, a nationwide civil rights group based mostly in San Diego, alleged the division has a credibility deficit with among the communities it serves, and referred to as on it to launch all of the physique digicam footage, together with Faiivae’s, from that day.
“We need to know exactly how this happened from the deputy’s perspective,” he stated by e-mail.

There may be more to ths story than was told, Ill admit I dont know the science there putting up. I did read that Albert Hoffman, the one who discovered LSD, got wasted from working with it in the Lab. Absorbed it through his skin I believe.

Video Of Deputy's Drug Collapse Questioned - The Wall.fyi

https://www.thewall.fyi › Americas

1 hour ago — SAN DIEGO — Sheriff's physique digicam video of a deputy apparently passing out after a superior cautioned him that the medication he had ...
When I saw the original story, I had the opinion it was more likely from touching the drugs and absorbing it transdermal than from just “being near it” (his training officer didn’t instruct him to take even the basic precaution of wearing gloves in order to test the substance). Never search or test unknown substances without nitrile gloves. I’ve never heard of an open air overdose without some event that aerosolized the powder first (Ex; dropping an open bag *POOF*). I’ve seen news stories of entire SWAT teams overdosing after tossing a flashbang into a dope house full of loose fentanyl in cutting process, but never something like this before.

That said, IMO, his reaction was definitely an opiate overdose. Ragged agonal breathing and completely unresponsive while appearing awake (eyes open) are hallmark signs of opiate OD, not a panic attack. Additionally, after the first two doses of Narcan he went unresponsive again in the back of the ambulance. That’s also not indicative of a panic attack.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they find out the substance is actually Carfentanyl (used to tranquilize elephants). It’s 100x stronger than Fentanyl, and more likely to be absorbed transdermal. lol

When I saw the original story, I had the opinion it was more likely from touching the drugs and absorbing it transdermal than from just “being near it” (his training officer didn’t instruct him to take even the basic precaution of wearing gloves in order to test the substance). Never search or test unknown substances without nitrile gloves. I’ve never heard of an open air overdose without some event that aerosolized the powder first (Ex; dropping an open bag *POOF*). I’ve seen news stories of entire SWAT teams overdosing after tossing a flashbang into a dope house full of loose fentanyl in cutting process, but never something like this before.

That said, IMO, his reaction was definitely an opiate overdose. Ragged agonal breathing and completely unresponsive while appearing awake (eyes open) are hallmark signs of opiate OD, not a panic attack. Additionally, after the first two doses of Narcan he went unresponsive again in the back of the ambulance. That’s also not indicative of a panic attack.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they find out the substance is actually Carfentanyl (used to tranquilize elephants). It’s 100x stronger than Fentanyl, and more likely to be absorbed transdermal. lol
ChEBI
Carfentanil or carfentanyl (Wildnil) is an analogue of the popular synthetic opioid analgesic fentanyl, and is one of the most potent opioids known (also the most potent opioid used commercially). Carfentanil was first synthesized in 1974 by a team of chemists at Janssen Pharmaceutica which included Paul Janssen. It has a quantitative potency approximately 10,000 times that of morphine and 100 times that of fentanyl, with activity in humans starting at about 1 microgram. It is marketed under the trade name Wildnil as a general anaesthetic agent for large animals. Carfentanil is intended for large-animal use only as its extreme potency makes it inappropriate for use in humans. Currently sufentanil, approximately 10–20 times less potent (500 to 1000 times the efficacy of morphine per weight) than carfentanil, is the maximum strength fentanyl analog for use in humans.

Reactions: Anb618
Worked for me but here ya go.

2c88bf369736d74bde4633e56793b1b2

SAN DIEGO — Sheriff’s physique digicam video of a deputy apparently passing out after a superior cautioned him that the medication he had seized have been “super dangerous” went viral with nationwide information protection Friday, however not earlier than some consultants expressed doubts concerning the state of affairs.
The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department launched physique digicam video of the July 3 incident Thursday, greater than a month after the seizure of what deputies stated was confirmed to be artificial opioid fentanyl, a drug that has defied border boundaries and boosted annual overdose deaths here by 200 percent final yr.
The division billed the video as a cautionary story about simply how potent fentanyl, identified for uplifting hazmat responses to suspected drug homes, may be.
“My trainee was exposed to fentanyl and nearly died,” Cpl. Scott Crane stated within the video.
While the sheriff’s division stands by the video as an archive of what one of many world’s deadliest road medication can just do by being in its presence, some consultants see it as an inconceivable, if not unimaginable, incident.
They level to analysis that has but to validate regulation enforcement claims that simply being close to the drug, or touching it, can result in overdoses.
“We have a lot of scientific evidence and a good knowledge of chemical laws and the way that these drugs work that says this is impossible,” stated Ryan Marino, medical director for toxicology and dependancy at University Hospitals in Cleveland.
“You can’t just touch fentanyl and overdose,” he stated. “It doesn’t just get into the air and make people overdose.”
Academics at University of California, San Diego and North Carolina’s nonprofit RTI (Research Triangle International) revealed a paper in June within the peer-reviewed International Journal of Drug Policy that concluded there are not any confirmed touch-based instances of first responder fentanyl overdoses, even when naloxone was used to revive them.
Story continues
Citing comparable conclusions on skin contact from the American College of Medical Toxicology and the American Academy of Clinical Toxicology, the International Journal of Drug Policy paper additionally urged that panic assaults have been at work, and that hyperbolic details about fentanyl did not assist.
The researchers at UC San Diego and RTI blamed social media and the U.S. authorities for “dubious information about fentanyl risks.”
Regarding airborne fentanyl, researchers have stated it could take a number of it, and a longtime in its presence, to trigger an overdose.
Tara Stamos-Buesig, govt director of the Harm Reduction Coalition of San Diego, says she’s confronted potential fentanyl publicity practically on a regular basis when she arms out clear needles to addicts in a bid to forestall the sort of Hepatitis A nightmare among local homeless that sparked a statewide emergency in 2017.
“I haven’t had a response” to being close to the drug, she stated.
The peer-reviewed Journal of Emergency Medical Services has urged “growing hysteria” about fentanyl for the adversarial first responder responses and stated “victims complain of a variety of nonspecific symptoms including dizziness, anxiety, fatigue, dyspnea, nausea, vomiting and syncope.”
Deputy David Faiivae, who was standing on the rear of a patrol SUV processing the medication allegedly present in a close-by Jeep, stated on the video: “I remember not feeling right, and then I fell back. I don’t remember anything after that.”
A sheriff’s division spokeswoman stated the deputy was overseas and unavailable for interviews.
Crane had simply advised him: “That stuff’s no joke dude. It’s super dangerous.”
Sheila P. Vakharia, deputy director of analysis and tutorial engagement on the Drug Policy Alliance, stated by e-mail that the video contributes to “opioid phobia” and probably the most egregious features of the unsuccessful war on drugs.
She stated three out of 4 individuals charged in fentanyl instances are Black and Latino and that they face longer sentences than these focused for different medication.
The video “strengthens public support for more drug enforcement because these drugs are viewed as so lethal that we must get them off the streets at any cost,” Vakharia stated. “It grows public support for harsher penalties for these substances and for people who sell them, doubling down on the failed drug war tactics of the past.”
She, like Stamos-Buesig, stated Faiivae’s response to the drug did not look something like opioid overdoses they’ve seen. “It is clear that the trainee was so afraid and nervous that he likely had an extreme anxiety response to whatever he was handling,” Vakharia stated.
Others say cops collapsing on the scene of drug busts may dissuade different first responders from giving wanted care, and it may make these reaching for 911 when buddies are in misery suppose twice.
Annick Bórquez, an assistant professor of infectious illnesses and international public well being at UC San Diego, stated by e-mail, “I do think there is a true danger in creating fear around inadvertent fentanyl exposure as it might further limit much needed initiatives to increase overdose responses.”
This yr the San Diego County Board of Supervisors, reflecting its leftward political drift and the river of fentanyl from Mexico, modified its stance from opposing hurt discount to selling it, together with widespread naloxone distribution and assist for needle change packages.
One factor regulation enforcement, medical researchers and harm-reduction teams appear to agree on in relation to opioids is that this: Having naloxone on-hand, because the sheriff’s division does, is a confirmed lifesaver.
While it is true that mega-potent fentanyl has flooded California and led to a darkish wave of overdose deaths, it is also true that the potential heart-stopper, described as being greater than 30 occasions stronger than old-school heroin, has been round for greater than 60 years.
Synthetic opioids first made a splash on the black market in 1979, when two males in adjoining Orange County died after overdosing on what they believed was heroin. The medication have been offered as “China white,” which did not encourage the first-responder security issues of right now.
In respectable medical settings, fentanyl is a authorized analgesic used for ache reduction.
A sheriff’s spokeswoman, Lt. Amber Braggs, stated she was engaged on answering quite a lot of questions, together with how the division got here to the medical conclusion that Faiivae was felled by inhaling or touching fentanyl.
The video states the cache on the scene had simply been discipline examined and turned up constructive for the drug.
Braggs stated particulars of Faiivae’s analysis have been protected by the federal HIPAA privacy rule, though it did not cease the division from publicizing his medical emergency, and the regulation does not cowl regulation enforcement.
She pointed to info from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration to assist the division’s competition that the deputy was a sufferer of uncommon pores and skin or airborne publicity.
“Deputy Faiivae was exposed to Fentanyl and then collapsed and could not breathe,” Braggs stated by e-mail. “He absolutely showed the signs of an opioid overdose. After Naloxone was administered, he began to breathe again.”
Shane Harris, president of the People’s Association of Justice Advocates, a nationwide civil rights group based mostly in San Diego, alleged the division has a credibility deficit with among the communities it serves, and referred to as on it to launch all of the physique digicam footage, together with Faiivae’s, from that day.
“We need to know exactly how this happened from the deputy’s perspective,” he stated by e-mail.

Sounds like trainee needs to be ejected and find a simpler job, gardening dept at Home Depot maybe?

If he gets fucked up on the job because of his own stupidity mainstreet gets to foot the bill, which is not cool.

I disagree, you don't have a zero mistake policy on trainees. No one would ever have any job because everyone makes mistakes, to say otherwise is a lie.

Reactions: Bender and Wyfox
I disagree, you don't have a zero mistake policy on trainees. No one would ever have any job because everyone makes mistakes, to say otherwise is a lie.

Screwing up the paperwork, or parking in the wrong spot is one thing, almost getting yourself or others killed is another, especially when it’s something common sense, like wearing gloves before touching something that’s obviously not conducive to health.

Lol, just shut the fuck up, everyone is almost dying every day for christ sakes.... what is it you do for a living that is soooo important for your high and mighty opinion?

• Love
Reactions: Bender
Lol, just shut the fuck up, everyone is almost dying every day for christ sakes.... what is it you do for a living that is soooo important for your high and mighty opinion?

Sounds like you’re suffering from hysteria

hysteriacure2.jpg

Screwing up the paperwork, or parking in the wrong spot is one thing, almost getting yourself or others killed is another, especially when it’s something common sense, like wearing gloves before touching something that’s obviously not conducive to health.
What they should do is to keep him because he's probably a good cio that made a dumb mistake, but require that he talk to new trainees and even high schools. Better to use his experience for a constructive end.