• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes opinion on COUNTER SNIPER optics

Davy

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
SW Missouri
Has anybody put any of the Counter Sniper optics to the test?

How accurate?
How durable?
How clear?

Re: opinion on COUNTER SNIPER optics

you have got to be kidding me....the Hide is on FIRRRRRRRRRRRE tonight, try the Optics FAQ sticky that is at the top of the optics section. I wrote a review on one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grizzerbear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anybody put any of the Counter Sniper optics to the test?

How accurate?
How durable?
How clear? </div></div>

Ah ya....might want to do a search before the others see this.

Counter sniper Scope : Check
Choate Ultimate Stock: Check
Trusty copy of "The Ultimate Sniper, by Plaster : Check

Lets go find some bad guys...

woo hoo i win fuckers no more than a month before it was asked again.Now pay up homos.......you know who you are.

WOW "SORRY!!!" that I brought that up guys!
Im new here,haven't figured out my way around the sight yet.
Had read something about the Counter Sniper.Sounded like a load of crap,and after reading your article,it has been confirmed.

Sorry for the waste of our time guys!

Great forum though,very informative.

THANKS

welcome to the the hide all the same... advanced search is a huge lifesavers here... you can find just about any answer you need... and take all comments with a grain of salt

Its allright bro,this question comes up a lot and i mean a lot.just get ready for a little ribbing....
Just learn your way around the site search as much as possible and everything will work out ok.
There is a lot of good knowledge here if you really want to learn.most of the old heads will go out of there way to awnser your questions.Being new just take the ribbing and let it roll off of ya.
welcome to the hide........467

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grizzerbear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anybody put any of the Counter Sniper optics to the test?

How accurate?
How durable?
How clear? </div></div>

another counter sniper question?

how come?

lol, we should look at it this way. it forces everybody to come up with new material, lol. i will say that compared to the last guy that asked this question, you really got off easy. i was getting the popcorn ready. welcome to the show

Evidently they are moving their manufacturing facility to a town within 30 miles of me.I started hearing the name come up in some of my circles. from the sounds of it they were probably forced out of the last town buy the laghter of a bunch of gun junkies. lol! At any rate even though I was thrown to the wolves here,at least you guys saved me the shame of being seen on teir front porch trying to see what the hype was about. HA HA HA !

THANKS guys: Love the forum, and the abuse kinda makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! Talk to you tomorrow.

Where are they moving to?

Theres alot of guys on this site, that are from MO. Me included, and Id hate to see CS move into my state.

How accurate?
How durable?
How clear?</div></div>

You know they were on the cover of Sportsmans Guide a couple of weeks ago. A REAL deal at like 750.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: howdydoit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are they moving to?

Theres alot of guys on this site, that are from MO. Me included, and Id hate to see CS move into my state. </div></div>

They are already here.
sick.gif
They are in Springfield now. I am pretty sure it is just an address though and they do not have a "manufacturing facility" but rather a back room where they come up with the bullshit advertising.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zeroed1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Counter sniper Scope : Check

Lets go find some bad guys... </div></div>

For the WIN!!

That is freakin funny.

I'm somewhat embarrassed to say I know someone who owns both <span style="text-decoration: underline">Ultimate Sniper</span> and a CSO scope. When he showed the scope to me, he was sure to tell me it was a "military contract overrun" and that he got a really good deal ($450, OUCH!!).

I didn't have the heart to tell him that "military overrun" actually means some Chinese factory built a bunch of overpriced Barskas, CSO tried to sell them to a Transylvanian militia, and the militia wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. So now he owns what he thinks is a surplus item from the Marine Scout Sniper armory.

To be totally fair, the glass looked pretty good through the bay window, no joke! I wasn't about to twist a turret and break the thing, though. So I said, "wow the glass is surprisingly clear! So, wanna get a sandwich or something?"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zeroed1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Counter sniper Scope : Check

Lets go find some bad guys...</div></div>

Lol!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: howdydoit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are they moving to?

Theres alot of guys on this site, that are from MO. Me included, and Id hate to see CS move into my state. </div></div>

It has been here the whole time....They have a office somewhere in springfield.....Made in china shipped to springfield sold from there....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: howdydoit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are they moving to?

They are already here.
sick.gif
They are in Springfield now. I am pretty sure it is just an address though and they do not have a "manufacturing facility" but rather a back room where they come up with the bullshit advertising. </div></div>

+1 it is in a strip mall over by bass pros warehouse.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 it is in a strip mall over by bass pros warehouse..... </div></div>

Seriously, we need pictures.

^ That bites! I guess it's just one more reason to stay out of Springfield. Traffic sucks, prices are high, and now CS! bah!

Would anyone like to explain to me why counter sniper optics are so bad? only reason i can see is the terribly confusing reticle system they have going on.

Thanks

Read the review, it failed the box test miserably. Failed the drop test too.

Ok cheers will do.

Edit:

Wow i read the review, thats pretty dismal, sounds like a company who are so far up their own ass they cant see any longer.

Sounds like an airsofters scope to me, if you really want to spend thousands of dollars on it.

shame

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 it is in a strip mall over by bass pros warehouse..... </div></div>

Seriously, we need pictures. </div></div>

Thats a great idea i live in south east mo.I fly in and out of springfield quite a bit.Next time i drive by the place i will snap a pic.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
+1 it is in a strip mall over by bass pros warehouse..... </div></div>

They wanted to be closer to their main customer base, now the ninjas don't even have to leave the mall.

They are so ashamed of there piece of shit scopes(hell i dont even want to call them that)aluminum tubes with broken off pop bottles stuck in each end.....there thats better....The only thing it says on the door to the place is D.O.holdings and a phone number under the name and in very small letters under that it says proud supplier of c.s. optics....

I found out a little more today.
It is part of Dark Opps.
Saw the building,it's off of Sunset west of Kansas Expressway about a half mile on the right.
Not much of a sign or advertisement,but from the sound of things thats pobably for the best.lol!
Didn't have my phone or camera with me or I would have gotten u a pic. lol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sup' chilly </div></div>

Hey stranger.....

They are in Springfield now? Maybe Chief Wiggum can raid the place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn Chiller...you feeling OK? You are looking a little...green! </div></div>

When Counter Sniper is brought up...it has that effect....you know it will not end well....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I just delete this thread?.....please..... </div></div>

absolutely...actually it would be very pleasant if there was some way when a new member went to type the question and it did a analysis looking for the words (Counter Sniper, Barska, NC Star, Osprey and the likes) it wouldnt let them submit the post, and a screen would pop up saying said scope is a POS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grizzerbear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW "SORRY!!!" that I brought that up guys!
Im new here,haven't figured out my way around the sight yet.
Had read something about the Counter Sniper.Sounded like a load of crap,and after reading your article,it has been confirmed.

Sorry for the waste of our time guys!

Great forum though,very informative.

THANKS </div></div>
Just dont go Piston Pete on us, okay.

I have a feeling many of you are holding a prejudice against these fine scopes. I too wondered about the Counter Sniper and decided to give it a real workout. First, I mounted it on a Savage 340 chambered in 30 WCF. (With other optics, this rifle will routinely shoot 1 shot 1 hole groups when fed proper ammo.) Shooting the "Box" Drill (empty refrigator cardboard box) at 100 yards, I can stay within the range. Tough? Well, it easily withstands the recoil of the 30 WCF round. Glass? I can easily see the moon on clear nights. Repeatability? I have checked this feature several times and the elevation turret knob has always been found on the top.
Don't scoff at what you've not actually tried yourself.
Semper Fi!

I hope he is joking!

Cause if not.....

yourfailboath128533070015000000.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hammrr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a feeling many of you are holding a prejudice against these fine scopes. I too wondered about the Counter Sniper and decided to give it a real workout. First, I mounted it on a Savage 340 chambered in 30 WCF. (With other optics, this rifle will routinely shoot 1 shot 1 hole groups when fed proper ammo.) Shooting the "Box" Drill (empty refrigator cardboard box) at 100 yards, I can stay within the range. Tough? Well, it easily withstands the recoil of the 30 WCF round. Glass? I can easily see the moon on clear nights. Repeatability? I have checked this feature several times and the elevation turret knob has always been found on the top.
Semper Fi! </div></div>

hey buddy, i see that you are in NC, i would love to come out and see the miraculous Counter Sniper do exactly what you just said it would do, better yet i would like to shoot it and confirm for myself, and if you misread my post, let me make it clear for you. I have one and know exactly what i was talking about. I can see the moon on a clear night with a glass coke bottle, does that mean i can mount it on my rifle, oh please tell me this is true. I will save so much money

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hammrr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Semper Fi! </div></div>

Ive looked through these hunks of shit enough to know how horrible they are. They are the equivilant of looking through a magnified fucking condom. They are some of the worst fucking things Ive ever seen.

You need to remove that Semper Fi from your post, lest the rest of the Marines walking this planet get lumped in with you and be looked down upon by the rest of the elementary school grads of the world.

SHOTSHOW375.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hammrr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Semper Fi! </div></div>

Ive looked through these hunks of shit enough to know how horrible they are. They are the <span style="font-weight: bold">equivilant of looking through a magnified fucking condom</span>.
</div></div>

love this quote Shaggy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hammrr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Semper Fi! </div></div>

Ive looked through these hunks of shit enough to know how horrible they are. They are the <span style="font-weight: bold">equivilant of looking through a magnified fucking condom</span>.
</div></div>

love this quote Shaggy </div></div>

Thats a sig line waiting to happen!