• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Opinions-Red Dot mounts at 45 Degree

tackdriver1

Private
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2010
I have a low profile AR-15 with the low picatinny gas block. I have alot of options for mounting my scoped rifle but I would like to know if the eye relief would be proper for a picatinny add on the low gas block at a 45 degree angle when using a Vortex Sparc? Or If I should just go ahead and buy a true mount for my forend picatinny that has a 45 degree on the back end? I'm trying to decide if there is enough clearance for my scope. I have attached a few links.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/628995/daniel-defense-1-oclock-offset-picatinny-rail-aluminum-matte

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/436321/...top-ar-15-matte

I would appreciate any feedback.

Re: Opinions-Red Dot mounts at 45 Degree

Mock it up with duck tape or have a friend hold the red dot in both places and see what works for you.

Heck just get a 1-4 and a cat-tail and dont worry about it.
smile.gif

Predator Tactical Burkett gen 2 offset mount. Puts the red dot at the proper height for good cheek weld on a collapsible stock like Vltor, SOPMOD, CTR etc. The DD mount is a little too high in my opinion but both would work well for short range no doubt.

Predator Tactical Burkett gen2
DSC00562.JPG

Daniel Defense
RRAXTRFFDDmount.jpg

I have the Burkett gen2 and can post a better pic like the DD one later but it puts the dot lower than the DD and lines up nice for me.

This one from Gearsector might be worth a look also. I have one of their QD sling swivel attachments and its nice.
00.jpg

Another option is the section of pic rail that goes around the scope tube. Sold by TNVC.

Have you seen the gg&g? Mounts right to your optics tube. Put it at any angle you want.

+1 for the Burkett Predator Tactical Mount.

I have mine located on the rear underneath my USO scope and it works great. The real difference is that the Predator mount has steel "wings" that can be screwed into place to protect the red dot (burris, Doctor, etc) from getting destroyed if you drop your gun or hit a door in CQB. It's solid.

Mine works like a champ - just turn the rifle 45 degrees and you own eveything inside of 100+ yards.

Yeah I forgot the wings, good stuff. I'd buy it again if I need another mount.

I now have two RAMPs. I h have them mounted on my Mega 308 and my 6.8. I'm still waiting on getting a second red dot but love the set up on m my 308. Great product