• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Optic decision for SPRish Noveske Recon?

Re: Optic decision for SPRish Noveske Recon?

I'm working on a similar decision... but including the "soon to arrive" Super Snipers at 10X and the Busnell options... that look good.

How about the 4-16x PST? Not much longer and heavier than the 2.5-10x but gives you FFP and a little more power up top incase you want to stretch it out.

I didn't think about that one Rob, but is a good option. I also forgot about the Bushy 3x12FFP...Hmmm

I have a Vortex 2.5-10 PST on my "SPRish" rifle. No complaints, but as Rob said, a little extra magnification might help if you're going to shoot at extended ranges. Sadly, where I am, no such facilities exist, so 10x is more than enough for me.

Thanks Noddles...I'm sure exactly how far i'll be shooting, but we have an 850 yard range nearby, so I might try 500-600.

I'm gonna order the Midway Vortex for my "SPRish" barreled rifle.

My spr-ish build has a leupy vxr on it...I liked it up until the reticule rotated about 10 degrees off
frown.gif

NF 2.5-10 if you can afford it. If not super sniper or viper PST.

Never thought about a 4-16 PST but now that I do I don't see why not.

The NF are prob still hard to find, so it will prob end up being one of the PST's. Thanks for all of the responses

If you go with the pst's you will be backed ny the best warranty in the industry. The only two items they do not cover are theft and loss. Pretty hard to go wrong with that??

I am waiting on my IOR 2.5-10x42 ffp to go on my noveske spr. I noticed more folks tent to lean towards the NF but to be honest when comparing my IOR spartan that I sold and the current NF NXS I have. The IOR has a much better glass quality which helped me decide on going with the IOR. By the way you get a snipers hide discount for buying from a site sponsor (liberty optics) the compact NF looks pretty robust so it,s going to be a though choice. Good luck with the buy.

Rob, have you checked out he PST 4X16? There isn't one locally for me to look through. I also thought about the 3x12 FFP Bushnell. Just looking for the best bang for my buck in the $1,000 range.

Yes I have and they are a nice scope for the price. That busnell is a good scope as well but the vortex has better reticle choices and a great warrenty.

Thanks....You have a lot more experience than I with optics, so I think i'm gonna give it a try.