• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Optic for Tikka T1X

dntworry

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2018
OR
Picked up a Tikka T1X chambered in 22LR for a local NRL22 league. Looking for optic suggestions only requirement is MOA.

Last edited:
@dntworry , it would be worth your while to call @gr8fuldoug. Actually call him on that ancient device known as a telephone. If you can get past that Lon-GI-land accent ;-) , he will steer you right and help you out as a Hide member. If you want to browse the CameralandNY website first, you can get an idea of what he carries.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
Spoke to Doug and it was well worth it, I got the features I was looking for in my price range. Excited to get out and shoot the new rifle will report back in the existing T1X thread in the Rimfire section once I get some range time in.

Spoke to Doug and it was well worth it, I got the features I was looking for in my price range. Excited to get out and shoot the new rifle will report back in the existing T1X thread in the Rimfire section once I get some range time in.
you cant leave us hanging though! What did you go with?:LOL:

Reactions: Scopes and 260284
Seriously man, what did you get?

Im in the same boat. Looking for a scope with good tracking that isnt sized like a telescope. I was thinking a NXS 2.5-10x42 would be the perfect shooting/hunting scope (and a stretch for my budget), but some recent posts got me thinking Athlon midas tac 4-16.

Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15x50, first Athlon hope it is as good as I keep hearing.

I have two Nightforce ATACRs on my Centerfire rifles, but even a cheaper NXS or SHV seemed like too much for Rimfire would rather save some money and buy more Centerfire rifles/accessories.

diamondback tactical or vortex gen 2's or athlon midas tac/ares/cronus depending on your budget. all of these should be FFP and parallax down to 25yds at least. features like zero stop and illumination vary. all of these should all range in the 3-6x to 16-25x category. if you download the NRL22 2018 championship survey, most of them use 3-18 or 6-24 range optics.

I am holding out on my wife’s t1x scope. Currently, I am using my old Nikon m233 2-8. Bugs the crap out of me that it has no side focus. Can’t focus under 35 yd.
Waiting to see if there is a good deal on a used one on the classify here.

diamondback tactical or vortex gen 2's or athlon midas tac/ares/cronus depending on your budget. all of these should be FFP and parallax down to 25yds at least. features like zero stop and illumination vary. all of these should all range in the 3-6x to 16-25x category. if you download the NRL22 2018 championship survey, most of them use 3-18 or 6-24 range optics.

The Ares BTRs go down to 10 yards parallax. ?

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
i got the dback tac and tbh, i regret not shelling out more for a viper or going athlon ares/midas. supposedly the glass is better on the vortex, but the complete lack of ZS or revolution indices will probably really annoy me and at the distances required for rimfire, slightly lower quality glass doesnt really matter at <200yds. i havent even used or mounted it yet cuz my rifle isnt in, and im already thinking of buying another scope