• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optics choice for remington 5r .308

raxafarian

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2009
Albuquerque NM
I think the more I search the more confused I get
smile.gif

Most of my shooting will be off the bench from 100-300 yards. I have daily access to this range. Once a month I'll be shooting out to 600yds. Target use only. Known distances. Base is a Badger Ordnance 20moa. Rings will most likely be seekins.

I've narrowed it down to the following:

1. Leupold Mark 2 T1 6-18x 40mm AO mil-dot for $502.00
Seems like a decent price for this one but not sure if I want a 1" tube (or if that matters)

2. Leupold Mark 4 PR 4.5-14x 40mm mil-dot side focus for $672.00
Gains side focus and better glass? over #1. 14x instead of 18x but probably not important for my use. 30mm tube.

3. Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x
a. 50mm side focus mil-dot: $587.00
b. 40mm side focus mil-dot: $546.00
c. 40mm AO mil-dot: $469.00
I know I don't need the 24x and with the cost of the other two (especially #1), I find it hard to buy one of these.

Number 2 is definitely the max I'd want to spend so don't entice me to spend more
smile.gif

thoughts?

Re: Optics choice for remington 5r .308

Out of your choices I would pick the Leupold MK4 4.5-14X40. I know it cost a little more but trust me. You'll appreciate the better glass long after you've gotten over what you paid for it.

Terry

Re: Optics choice for remington 5r .308

falcon menace 4-14x44 ffp. flass isnt as nice as the mark 4 but the ffp is the thing to have when shooting at uknown distances i know your intentions are to shoot at 1-300 and once a month out to 600 but with how well those guns shoot you will end up using it for other things than bench time at least that is my expierience