• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ordered my new Olympic Arms UMAR in .22-250,

SouthPawShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2010
Kansas
Order has been done and I cant wait. Merry Christmas to me. Anyone have one of these yet? I know they just came out in October.

Re: Ordered my new Olympic Arms UMAR in .22-250,

I don't have one of these, but I have been wondering about them. Post a range report when you get this rifle.

I have looked at them and could not say yes. I wonder how they got the gas system tuned? That was a common complaint among people who had them built. It seemed like they worked for one range of bullets but not fully across. The problem was if you wanted it tuned to 40 to 50gr bullets that would be fine but shooting 75+ they had problems and vice versa. Still would be tones of fun.

I still want one.

If there's issues with 75 gr bullets its likely because of the 1-14" twist of the factory barrel. Years ago I tried to make the 22-250 a super long range shooter by using 75+ gr bullets.

The Rem M700 has a 1-14" twist and the bullets wouldn't even hit a 2'x2' target at 50 yards....this explained the dust clouds around the 25 yd line!! None of the bullets were stabilized enough to make it further, some were hitting the ground closer to the bench.

I've been thinking about rebarreling the M700 factory 22-250 to an aftermarket with a 1-8" twist. That should be a butt kickin' varminter. Put that twist on the smaller AR-15 receiver and you have the perfect prairie poodle pounder IMHO.