• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Osprey Barrel Works

Y'all can do whatever you want. This is where I start.

One reason to disclose the dimensions is for folks who are having custom dies made, too.

ReamerDesign.JPG

There's also this for reference.

Last edited:
Hey dude.

IDGAF about this debate in here - but I sent you an email 2 weeks ago with very basic questions about barrel turnaround times - would have taken 45 seconds to respond (also asked about 6mm CM reamer specs, I hadnt seen this thread so didnt know it was proprietary).

I followed up on it 3x. I never got a response. I bought a barrel from another manufacturer.

Your time might be better spent responding to potential paying customers.
You're right, I should have gotten back to you sooner. Sorry about that, I've been largely in front of machines non stop for the last few weeks and I don't get online much. Why you didn't get an email response from Joe is a curious question though; he and I are going to have a conversation about that.

Last edited:
Y'all can do whatever you want. This is where I start.

One reason to disclose the dimensions is for folks who are having custom dies made, too.

View attachment 7710862

There's also this for reference.
We have no problem supporting people getting custom dies made. We work directly with the die maker for questions as well.

As a general rule:

Bodies are SAAMI/CIP. I don't modify those dimensions at all for sizing die reasons. I pay very careful attention to the "neck forward". I've told many people this in emails, phone calls and posted it on this forum.

You're right, I should have gotten back to you sooner. Sorry about that, I've been largely in front of machines non stop for the last few weeks and I don't get online much. Why you didn't get an email response from Joe is a curious question though; he and I are going to have a conversation about that.
No worries, I understand running a small business can be a very tough task. That being said I was planning to use you all for a barrel.

I'll reach out again next time and give you all a shot, but simple things like receiving an email response are a precursor for an order (for me).

Reactions: bohem
No worries, I understand running a small business can be a very tough task. That being said I was planning to use you all for a barrel.

I'll reach out again next time and give you all a shot, but simple things like receiving an email response are a precursor for an order (for me).
Understood, and that makes a lot of sense. I just looked for an email about a 6 Creed and various throats. I found one but I don't know if it's yours. I'll send you a PM now, at least I can help answer the questions and see if there's something else happening on the email communication side that I'm not aware of.

Understood, and that makes a lot of sense. I just looked for an email about a 6 Creed and various throats. I found one but I don't know if it's yours. I'll send you a PM now, at least I can help answer the questions and see if there's something else happening on the email communication side that I'm not aware of.
Not saying anything bad or poor but I've also sent e-mails and never had any replies. I've gotten off the phone and was told to send email but just a heads up maybe there is something wrong or get so many emails I couldn't even imagine. Josh's barrels do hammer and once he get those 7mm and 30 cal blanks in for the Osprey hopefully I'm able to try them out.

Not saying anything bad or poor but I've also sent e-mails and never had any replies. I've gotten off the phone and was told to send email but just a heads up maybe there is something wrong or get so many emails I couldn't even imagine. Josh's barrels do hammer and once he get those 7mm and 30 cal blanks in for the Osprey hopefully I'm able to try them out.
In digging on @R_Swanson 's emails I found a bunch of emails that were auto-routed to SPAM this morning.
Joe and I spent about two hours this AM replying, reaching out, etc to customers and inquiries that we didn't see. I cut off the search at 30 days old and we're working on updating the auto sorting that Google appears to have applied recently. Plus we've added a task item to check the SPAM folder every morning to confirm that we're not losing emails in there.

In digging on @R_Swanson 's emails I found a bunch of emails that were auto-routed to SPAM this morning.
Joe and I spent about two hours this AM replying, reaching out, etc to customers and inquiries that we didn't see. I cut off the search at 30 days old and we're working on updating the auto sorting that Google appears to have applied recently. Plus we've added a task item to check the SPAM folder every morning to confirm that we're not losing emails in there.
Glad you guys are able to find the issue and solve it. I hate that when they send the e-mails to spam I've had that happen waiting on e-mail and never check the spam box. Keep us updated on those 7mm and 30 cal barrels

Hiding and lazy?? Or not willing to publish a reamer print specifically because we get "I want to use your chamber for <insert the wildcat name> but I want my gunsmith to do it" It's exactly what @BLKWLFK9 said above: people want to use someone in particular who doesn't have the experience or knowledge base for that wildcat so they ask me to hand them information for free knowing full well they're not going to contribute anything to the effort and costs that went into gathering that data. I know that "tight" and "match" chambers are full of issues. Figuring out what needs to change and what doesn't from SAAMI is a critical skill for custom rifle makers. Publishing that information and data is free education for your business competitors.

OK, have your gunsmith figure out how to make a 22BRA with the appropriate throat and neck dimensions that it runs well for a full PRS match weekend, plus zero day without generating a carbon ring in 300 rounds, not overworking/splitting necks, not blowing out case webs, avoiding feeding issues from chambers that are too straight/improved... Have that gunsmith buy a box of each different 6mm BR brass on the market, slice it and check sizing trends. Check the neck thicknesses and buy a bunch of the bullets that people MIGHT want to shoot in the case and measure those.

Then get on the internet and take that data gathered from several hundred dollars, closer to $1000 worth of stuff, and half a day's time and publish it for free. Specifically so someone on the internet doesn't say "you're lazy and hiding stuff" If it's so easy to get the data then get the data yourself. But it's not or the entire complaint would be moot...

I spent thousands of dollars in ammo developing reamers specifically for popular ammo choices within the 6 Creed, and 6.5 Creed, and 308 Win market. The PRIME website had numerous posts from customers bragging about how good their PVA prefit shoots PRIME ammo. I got numerous calls from gunsmiths asking for the print. Usually for free but some were willing to pay "a nominal fee".

Why? If the information is so easy to get themselves, why offer to buy the print? Because the performance sold product. That work wasn't free to do, why should I give it away?

People call and ask me what speeds and feeds I am running on reamers, what's my setup look like on my CNC's to cut barrels the way I do, what does my setup and programming look like to contour barrels on a TL1? I am supposed to give that away for free too? Maybe Speedy Gonzales' gunsmithing class DVD's should be free?

Where does it end? The techniques aren't patentable, so how do you protect them? Don't talk about it, don't publish it, don't give away the secrets.

Draw a 5 mile circle around my shop and there are at least 15 pizza places. I know 2 that are excellent, 3 that are decent and 1 that absolutely SUCKS. Nobody is sharing recipes with each other and if I walk in and say "Hey can I get your sauce recipe so I know you're making it right before I order" what do you think is going to happen?

Pepsi and Coke don't share recipes and those global companies have virtually unlimited assets to figure out what the other is selling... yet we have Pepsi and Coke with distinct flavors.

Too cheap to replace a reamer?
Too lazy to look it up?
Get real dude... my bill with the reamer grind shop last month was over 6 grand. We average 65k a year through the place that grinds my reamers. You're so far off base it's laughable.

It's not my job to educate and provide data to business competitors. Some of it we do supporting our products and services. Teaching people how to assemble a rifle from a box of parts is something that naturally comes from troubleshooting things that aren't shooting. There are a bunch of gunsmiths who offer a class on how to do basic armorer level work (swap a barrel, mount a scope, swap triggers) for products after they sell them to the customer... yet you're going to accuse me of being lazy or hiding something because don't publish reamer specifics on wildcats that people flat out tell me "I want your reamer print so my gunsmith can order one".
That was a very long response that basically just repeated what was already said by BLKWOLF.... I gave several possible reasons for why someone might hide reamer specs and there are probably several more but I still haven't heard a good one yet. All the reamer information you spent soooo much time and money on can be had by talking to someone knowledgeable at a reamer maker like let's say Manson reamers who have competitive shooters on staff that talk to gunsmiths and shooters constantly about specifications and design. They might not have a specific answer for every question but they definitely have enough knowledge to steer you in the right direction to avoid issues.

I've learned the hard way myself that I'm not sending a cent to anyone without knowing chamber dimensions especially on wildcats because if your dies don't size your brass in a way to correctly work in your chamber you're asking for multiple types of issues. So unless you're getting a custom die reamer with a custom chamber reamer you need to know your virgin brass dimensions, sized brass dimensions, and your chamber dimensions in order to prevent issues or diagnose issues that my arise.

Like I said there are plenty of great smiths that are more than helpful and thats where my money and recommendations go. You can run your business how ever you see fit but don't expect experienced guys to not see through the b.s. and steer clear.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: b6graham and S3th
That was a very long response that basically just repeated what was already said by BLKWOLF.... I gave several possible reasons for why someone might hide reamer specs and there are probably several more but I still haven't heard a good one yet. All the reamer information you spent soooo much time and money on can be had by talking to someone knowledgeable at a reamer maker like let's say Manson reamers who have competitive shooters on staff that talk to gunsmiths and shooters constantly about specifications and design. They might not have a specific answer for every question but they definitely have enough knowledge to steer you in the right direction to avoid issues.

I've learned the hard way myself that I'm not sending a cent to anyone without knowing chamber dimensions especially on wildcats because if your dies don't size your brass in a way to correctly work in your chamber you're asking for multiple types of issues. So unless you're getting a custom die reamer with a custom chamber reamer you need to know your virgin brass dimensions, sized brass dimensions, and your chamber dimensions in order to prevent issues or diagnose issues that my arise.

Like I said there are plenty of great smiths that are more than helpful and thats where my money and recommendations go. You can run your business how ever you see fit but don't expect experienced guys to not see through the b.s. and steer clear.

I'll reiterate this so it's crystal clear:

You want reamer dimensions for making custom dies? Certainly, we supply body information and we answer questions if the die maker has any.
You want the complete reamer print? No, we don't supply that. There's more information on there than necessary for a custom die or even a standard die to be made/compared.

Apparently you missed the part where I said we work with die makers for their needs, no problem. We don't share certain details about the throat. You also missed the part where we use SAAMI/CIP dimensions wherever possible.

This is a Dunning-Kreuger effect argument.

I've talked to the "on staff" experts you base your argument on. It took JGS 3 tries to get something right and they charged me for every single iteration that was wrong. I can't count how many times we've had reamers specified incorrectly from the grind shops people typically use in this industry.

Furthermore, you made my case with your "steering you in the right direction" comment. That isn't a specific answer as you so clearly pointed out. Handing out a reamer print that has a specific answer printed right on it would be, which is why I don't hand them out. Neck diameter, freebore diameter, and the slight changes in shape there are critical. Those are the dimensions we don't share typically, not so much the neck diameter but the very specific freebore information. No die has anything to do with the freebore shape and diameter, experienced guys know that.

Since you clearly feel that all the experienced, top shelf people share any information you ask for... You also might want to call around to some specialty shops who are known for specific niche calibers and ask them for their reamer print. Call up Rbros and ask them for their 300 Win Mag and 28 Nosler reamer prints. Call up TacOps and ask for their 308 Win print for 168 and 175 SMK FGMM ammo. Good luck.

Case in point: Our 6mm Dasher reamer was been "right" since 2014 for a repeater that runs well in PRS environments. My 6x47 Reamer as well.

Since you have the experience to see through the BS, you'll no doubt remember the 2015/2016 era when Dasher reamers were giving people all sorts of fits with neck turning, bullet release, and draconian reloading requirements. The "experts" at the grind shop unequivocably stated that a 0.272 neck was perfect for a no-turn setup. Now it's evolved that everyone has the print with a 0.274-0.275 neck with 0.110-0.140 freebore. Most of the issues that people struggled with 5 years ago have been sorted out and it was borne out on the backs of shooters who were "steered in the right direction". On the other hand, before I sold a single Dasher barrel I went through 4 iterations of reamer to get where I was happy with it, I paid for all the development out of my pocket and when I sold my first Dasher barrel the owner used it to set a local F class record at his first match with it. His comment to me was that this was the first time he ever had a Dasher that was so easy and reliable at the start, he's been using it (Dashers) for 20+ years.

Scott Parks went through a mess of expense about 6 years ago with the 6x47 Lapua and ended up with the 6mm Vortex. The critical change in reliability on the 6x47 Lapua ended up being an issue in the neck. That 6x47 Lapua is a polarizing caliber... or it was 5 years ago. "It's super finnicky. When it works it's amazing, when it doesn't it's awful".

People used to treat them like 6mm BR with the neck dimensions and it caused hell. The "experts" who "talk to gunsmiths and competition shooters" screwed it up for a decade before Al and Dan over at Warner tool made some changes and figured it out. They sure as hell didn't tell anyone what they did, they just built some rifles for people who set national records and kept their mouth shut while collecting trophies. I'm sure there are others who figured it out as well and they kept quiet on it too.

Die makers typically make custom dies off fired brass. Not a print, though they will ask for a print to get an idea of where they need to be it's not required to make custom brass. Another red herring.

Last edited:
I'll reiterate this so it's crystal clear:

You want reamer dimensions for making custom dies? Certainly, we supply body information and we answer questions if the die maker has any.
You want the complete reamer print? No, we don't supply that. There's more information on there than necessary for a custom die or even a standard die to be made/compared.

Apparently you missed the part where I said we work with die makers for their needs, no problem. We don't share certain details about the throat. You also missed the part where we use SAAMI/CIP dimensions wherever possible.

This is a Dunning-Kreuger effect argument.

I've talked to the "on staff" experts you base your argument on. It took JGS 3 tries to get something right and they charged me for every single iteration that was wrong. I can't count how many times we've had reamers specified incorrectly from the grind shops people typically use in this industry.

Furthermore, you made my case with your "steering you in the right direction" comment. That isn't a specific answer as you so clearly pointed out. Handing out a reamer print that has a specific answer printed right on it would be, which is why I don't hand them out. Neck diameter, freebore diameter, and the slight changes in shape there are critical. Those are the dimensions we don't share typically, not so much the neck diameter but the very specific freebore information. No die has anything to do with the freebore shape and diameter, experienced guys know that.

Since you clearly feel that all the experienced, top shelf people share any information you ask for... You also might want to call around to some specialty shops who are known for specific niche calibers and ask them for their reamer print. Call up Rbros and ask them for their 300 Win Mag and 28 Nosler reamer prints. Call up TacOps and ask for their 308 Win print for 168 and 175 SMK FGMM ammo. Good luck.

Case in point: Our 6mm Dasher reamer was been "right" since 2014 for a repeater that runs well in PRS environments. My 6x47 Reamer as well.

Since you have the experience to see through the BS, you'll no doubt remember the 2015/2016 era when Dasher reamers were giving people all sorts of fits with neck turning, bullet release, and draconian reloading requirements. The "experts" at the grind shop unequivocably stated that a 0.272 neck was perfect for a no-turn setup. Now it's evolved that everyone has the print with a 0.274-0.275 neck with 0.110-0.140 freebore. Most of the issues that people struggled with 5 years ago have been sorted out and it was borne out on the backs of shooters who were "steered in the right direction". On the other hand, before I sold a single Dasher barrel I went through 4 iterations of reamer to get where I was happy with it, I paid for all the development out of my pocket and when I sold my first Dasher barrel the owner used it to set a local F class record at his first match with it. His comment to me was that this was the first time he ever had a Dasher that was so easy and reliable at the start, he's been using it (Dashers) for 20+ years.

Scott Parks went through a mess of expense about 6 years ago with the 6x47 Lapua and ended up with the 6mm Vortex. The critical change in reliability on the 6x47 Lapua ended up being an issue in the neck. That 6x47 Lapua is a polarizing caliber... or it was 5 years ago. "It's super finnicky. When it works it's amazing, when it doesn't it's awful".

People used to treat them like 6mm BR with the neck dimensions and it caused hell. The "experts" who "talk to gunsmiths and competition shooters" screwed it up for a decade before Al and Dan over at Warner tool made some changes and figured it out. They sure as hell didn't tell anyone what they did, they just built some rifles for people who set national records and kept their mouth shut while collecting trophies. I'm sure there are others who figured it out as well and they kept quiet on it too.

Die makers typically make custom dies off fired brass. Not a print, though they will ask for a print to get an idea of where they need to be it's not required to make custom brass. Another red herring.
You read into the fact I mentioned a custom die reamer waaayyyyyy to much and was only mentioned as an exception.

"Apparently you missed the part where I said we work with die makers for their needs, no problem. We don't share certain details about the throat. You also missed the part where we use SAAMI/CIP dimensions wherever possible."

My reply was directly to the reply you quoted me in not your comments after so anything I "missed" wasn't in that post. Sucks you had problems with JGS but I went from JGS to Manson for the reasons I mentioned. If you are using SAMMI/CIP dimensions wherever possible then there shouldn't be anything to hide. If your changes are forward of the neck like freebore diameter and throat lead angle then there's no reason to hide body/neck dimensions. If you think your freebore diameter and lead angle is the secret sauce then cool keep that to yourself because that doesn't affect function unless you've made the freebore diameter too small.

If you are specifically hiding the neck dimensions because of some super awesome dimension you're kidding yourself. The fix for the majority of the Dasher issues was the same as the fix for the 6x47 and it's the same fix for the issues a lot of guys are having with the 22 wildcats. People generally don't understand the relationship between necking down brass, chamber and cartridge neck diameter, and bullet release.

David Tubb had it figured out many years ago and was telling anyone who would listen and probably spent way more money on research and development than you. Shooters and smiths were ignoring him because they don't seem to understand that because tight necks can work in BR comp it doesn't mean it works everywhere else. The majority of the older neck dimensions for 6mms were for the BR guys that turn the ODs and ream the IDs of necks.

So yes there was and continues to be lots of problems but it's because self proclaimed experts were too hard headed to try something different and people that have knowledge are to greedy to share it. In the long run this knowledge hoarding only ends up hurting shooters and slowing developmental progress.

Again there are plenty of great smiths that are more than helpful. Robert Gradous was one of those that I've asked lots of questions including reamer specifications and he was an open book. I only mention him because he's one of the few that almost everyone knows was great and super knowledgeable. I'd avoid those that are hiding things that could cause issues.

Last edited:
You read into the fact I mentioned a custom die reamer waaayyyyyy to much and was only mentioned as an exception.

"Apparently you missed the part where I said we work with die makers for their needs, no problem. We don't share certain details about the throat. You also missed the part where we use SAAMI/CIP dimensions wherever possible."

My reply was directly to the reply you quoted me in not your comments after so anything I "missed" wasn't in that post. Sucks you had problems with JGS but I went from JGS to Manson for the reasons I mentioned. If you are using SAMMI/CIP dimensions wherever possible then there shouldn't be anything to hide. If your changes are forward of the neck like freebore diameter and throat lead angle then there's no reason to hide body/neck dimensions. If you think your freebore diameter and lead angle is the secret sauce then cool keep that to yourself because that doesn't affect function unless you've made the freebore diameter too small.

If you are specifically hiding the neck dimensions because of some super awesome dimension you're kidding yourself. The fix for the majority of the Dasher issues was the same as the fix for the 6x47 and it's the same fix for the issues a lot of guys are having with the 22 wildcats. People generally don't understand the relationship between necking down brass, chamber and cartridge neck diameter, and bullet release.

David Tubb had it figured out many years ago and was telling anyone who would listen and probably spent way more money on research and development than you. Shooters and smiths were ignoring him because they don't seem to understand that because tight necks can work in BR comp it doesn't mean it works everywhere else. The majority of the older neck dimensions for 6mms were for the BR guys that turn the ODs and ream the IDs of necks.

So yes there was and continues to be lots of problems but it's because self proclaimed experts were too hard headed to try something different and people that have knowledge are to greedy to share it. In the long run this knowledge hoarding only ends up hurting shooters and slowing developmental progress.

Again there are plenty of great smiths that are more than helpful. Robert Gradous was one of those that I've asked lots of questions including reamer specifications and he was an open book. I only mention him because he's one of the few that almost everyone knows was great and super knowledgeable. I'd avoid those that are hiding things that could cause issues.
Thanks for reiterating my points for me again.

Last edited:
I just wanted to chime in and say I’ve sent 3 emails to you guys ([email protected]) over the past week and haven’t got a single response.

I know everyone is busy trying to catch up on back log, and with covid still causing heaps of bullshit going around for materials, and orders and unfortunately it happening more often then before. It looks like they are sorting it out thoufg

Last edited:
I just wanted to chime in and say I’ve sent 3 emails to you guys ([email protected]) over the past week and haven’t got a single response.
I sent you a PM yesterday looking for your email address to try to figure out what happened. Please reply to it so I can assist you or at the very least understand what happened to the emails you sent.

looking forward to a black friday sale as an excuse to grab an extra Tikka prefit

looking forward to a black friday sale as an excuse to grab an extra Tikka prefit
Noted ;-)

The Black Friday sale this year is probably going to be reduced in options just so that we can get things done in a better timeline. Still doing all the usual prefits but fewer caliber and custom options since the changeover between different setups takes more time than I'd like if we're doing a ton of work.

Reactions: shlouf
Received my 6mm barrel blank the other day. I had you turn it down for the Tikka shank and it is spot on, can't wait to spin it up. I'll let you know how it does.

Thanks.

Noted ;-)

The Black Friday sale this year is probably going to be reduced in options just so that we can get things done in a better timeline. Still doing all the usual prefits but fewer caliber and custom options since the changeover between different setups takes more time than I'd like if we're doing a ton of work.
any update when the sale goes live? My CC is ready

Will you turn one of these to a kimber Montana contour?
We can, it's going to be a custom contour ($60) and we'll need a drawing or a sample barrel to work from as I don't have any data on what a Kimber Montana is.

Any .257 plans on the horizon?
Maybe on the FAR horizon. As much talk as there is about 25 caliber stuff there just isn't the market there to tool up for it with the current sales rates for 25's that we already chamber.

If you want to try to organize a group buy on it I'll tool up and make them if you can come up with an order for 50 blanks. That's a discussion for another venue if you're serious about it.

I'm tooling for 7mm and 30 caliber barrels to be ready in early 2022

Last edited:
We can, it's going to be a custom contour ($60) and we'll need a drawing or a sample barrel to work from as I don't have any data on what a Kimber Montana is.

Maybe on the FAR horizon. As much talk as there is about 25 caliber stuff there just isn't the market there to tool up for it with the current sales rates for 25's that we already chamber.

If you want to try to organize a group buy on it I'll tool up and make them if you can come up with an order for 50 blanks. That's a discussion for another venue if you're serious about it.
@bohem Emailing you a drawing now.

Please let me know if you get it and how to order.

Reactions: bohem
@bohem will the Osprey blanks be on a Black Friday sale? I’m needing at least one 6mm but maybe 2 if they’re on sale. Thanks

@bohem will the Osprey blanks be on a Black Friday sale? I’m needing at least one 6mm but maybe 2 if they’re on sale. Thanks
Yep, the Black Friday sale will be Osprey prefits, brakes and other small parts.
We're not going bullets this year as I'm not in a position (due to material floating off NJ awaiting to come into port...) to offer a sale on projectiles.

The sale is going live on Monday. I'm prepping things this weekend. We're going to limit quantity as well as calibers to speed up the delivery.

Yep, the Black Friday sale will be Osprey prefits, brakes and other small parts.
We're not going bullets this year as I'm not in a position (due to material floating off NJ awaiting to come into port...) to offer a sale on projectiles.

The sale is going live on Monday. I'm prepping things this weekend. We're going to limit quantity as well as calibers to speed up the delivery.
7mm barrel blanks? Dang it no bullets but I don't blame you

Black Friday Sale is up.
Ospreys and other prefits, as well as muzzle brakes.

We're keeping it a little more organized this year for speedier delivery with the short-staffed status in the shop.

There are no sale codes, I went through and modified the prices on every sale item to cut down on 'hey I forgot to enter the code, can you manually change my order" and the every popular "your code doesn't work... oh wait, I typed it wrong" emails. Just click through and add to the cart.

I just ordered one, I'm excited. My last PVA prefit was awesome, I'm looking forward to trying the osprey. @bohem I have a question, sending you a PM. Nevermind the PM, it's not letting me. I did put my question in the comment box on checkout so I'm sure you will catch it there.

Last edited:
What is the delivery estimate for a 6.5PRC impact prefit if ordered now?
8 weeks.

Bummer, was hoping to pick up a 223 AI prefit on sale.
It's unlikely that the 223 AI will ever be on sale. Popularity is so low for it that never makes the top 10 list, let alone the top 3 list for a given caliber. We run sales for the popular calibers to minimize churn while pumping them out.

Do you plan to introduce left-hand twist barrels in the near future?
I have no plans for that. They're not popular enough to retool the machinery. Technically they're an advantage in the northern hemisphere but they're a disadvantage on the line when everyone else is running RH twist barrels. It's been 10 years of beating that drum, nobody cares.

got my tikka prefit ordered (y)
Thank you!

I just ordered one, I'm excited. My last PVA prefit was awesome, I'm looking forward to trying the osprey. @bohem I have a question, sending you a PM. Nevermind the PM, it's not letting me. I did put my question in the comment box on checkout so I'm sure you will catch it there.
Please send me an email. We're tyring to catch up on emails after 7 days of up and down internet service. It's been hell on getting communications and emails done.
Hey Josh, just checking if any updates on running this contour. Talked to Joe on 11/12 but haven’t gotten any replies to emails since then.
I just saw your reply this AM, we will get back to you soon. See the connectivity issues mentioned above.

@bohem - Question do you have just one reamer (SAAMI) for 6GT?

Just ordered an Osprey 6GT prefit last night. Really hoping the chamber matches my current PVA Rock Creek cut 6GT.
Rock Creek PVA barrel serial # 2005901

From what I gather your 6GT may have a slightly longer throat then many others. The Prime 115RDF chambers fine in your Rock Creek barrel, but several members on here said the Prime jammed in there non-PVA chambers.

Thanks

@bohem - Question do you have just one reamer (SAAMI) for 6GT?

Just ordered an Osprey 6GT prefit last night. Really hoping the chamber matches my current PVA Rock Creek cut 6GT.
Rock Creek PVA barrel serial # 2005901

From what I gather your 6GT may have a slightly longer throat then many others. The Prime 115RDF chambers fine in your Rock Creek barrel, but several members on here said the Prime jammed in there non-PVA chambers.

Thanks
Thank you for the order, I appreciate it.

I use the same freebore as the original 6GT released print from GAP.
I only have one 6GT reamer spec that we use internally, I have not seen any evidence to change it.

We made the test barrels that the PRIME ammo was developed in and they requested a SAAMI chamber for obvious reasons. Actually, they provided the reamer direct from GAP and I liked it enough to just order more off that spec. The silver lining to that is if you shoot PRIME and you order a prefit from us you know that the ammo was essentially tailored to our chamber but that wasn't the intent of their ammo, it happened to work out that way.

Similarly their 6 Creed ammo and a few others were tested with our chambers as well.

Thank you for the order, I appreciate it.

I use the same freebore as the original 6GT released print from GAP.
I only have one 6GT reamer spec that we use internally, I have not seen any evidence to change it.

We made the test barrels that the PRIME ammo was developed in and they requested a SAAMI chamber for obvious reasons. Actually, they provided the reamer direct from GAP and I liked it enough to just order more off that spec. The silver lining to that is if you shoot PRIME and you order a prefit from us you know that the ammo was essentially tailored to our chamber but that wasn't the intent of their ammo, it happened to work out that way.

Similarly their 6 Creed ammo and a few others were tested with our chambers as well.
@bohem - Great, thanks for the quick reply. That explains why it shoots the Prime so well (y) you can just disreguard the note on my order.

Any eta for Osprey 30 cal barrel availability? I want a 308 for MDPRS tac class next year.

Thanks

@bohem - Great, thanks for the quick reply. That explains why it shoots the Prime so well (y) you can just disreguard the note on my order.

Any eta for Osprey 30 cal barrel availability? I want a 308 for MDPRS tac class next year.

Thanks
Likely February, Prefits delivering in March/April on standard lead time. Rush can be accomodated typically.

Reactions: 357Max
8 weeks.

It's unlikely that the 223 AI will ever be on sale. Popularity is so low for it that never makes the top 10 list, let alone the top 3 list for a given caliber. We run sales for the popular calibers to minimize churn while pumping them out.

I have no plans for that. They're not popular enough to retool the machinery. Technically they're an advantage in the northern hemisphere but they're a disadvantage on the line when everyone else is running RH twist barrels. It's been 10 years of beating that drum, nobody cares.

Thank you!

Please send me an email. We're tyring to catch up on emails after 7 days of up and down internet service. It's been hell on getting communications and emails done.

I just saw your reply this AM, we will get back to you soon. See the connectivity issues mentioned above.

I appreciate the reply and understand it's obscure. I ordered a straight 223 from you on Saturday, I'll just have to "suffer" through it (mostly suffer through the case trimming). Thanks for always running a sale for us, haven't gotten a bad barrel yet.

Reactions: bohem and nrspence
Quick Status Update:

29" blanks for 22, 6, and 6.5mm are done and I have updated the website so that there is an additional option for a longer blank.
I'm making them in 2 different lengths as I know many folks don't want to pay a higher base cost for 29" blanks just to chop off extra barrel to make <26" barrels.

I'm working on 8tw 7's and 9tw 30's now. Probably March we'll have them available.

Blanks

Prefits