• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Osprey Barrel Works

Mine was ordered on 11/27/21. Received email it had shipped on Tuesday, 1/11/22. It should arrive tomorrow. 6 weeks, 3 days. Awesome work Bohem!

Mine was ordered on 11/27/21. Received email it had shipped on Tuesday, 1/11/22. It should arrive tomorrow. 6 weeks, 3 days. Awesome work Bohem!
what did you order ?

I ordered a 6.5C prefit on 11/26, have not heard anything yet.

Last edited:
I have an outstanding order since July. My understanding is they don’t go by order number but by batching calibers. If you order a not as popular caliber (like me) you will have to wait until they work on that caliber.

Don’t be in a hurry, they are good barrels but they do not live up to their lead times. Over 20 weeks on a 6.5 creedmoor that was advertised “ in stock “ when I purchased. Got nothing but the run around when I’d get in contact with them. They would always say “ it will definitely be shipped in the next 10 days”

• Haha
Reactions: Bacarrat
8 weeks.

It's unlikely that the 223 AI will ever be on sale. Popularity is so low for it that never makes the top 10 list, let alone the top 3 list for a given caliber. We run sales for the popular calibers to minimize churn while pumping them out.

I have no plans for that. They're not popular enough to retool the machinery. Technically they're an advantage in the northern hemisphere but they're a disadvantage on the line when everyone else is running RH twist barrels. It's been 10 years of beating that drum, nobody cares.

Thank you!

Please send me an email. We're tyring to catch up on emails after 7 days of up and down internet service. It's been hell on getting communications and emails done.

I just saw your reply this AM, we will get back to you soon. See the connectivity issues mentioned above.
Still waiting on that reply @bohem.

What I can tell you from my experience, it will be worth the wait. I got a 6.5 blank that I made into a 6.5 Gap. The material is definitely harder than most 416 barrels. Interior bore scope looks super good, but the best part is accuracy. I own or have owned barrels from over a dozen manufacturers. All make good barrels but this one is top of the heap. Unreal accurate.

6GT Osprey ordered 11/29 BF sale delivered today.

Watching for availability on 30 cal Ospreys now.

Reactions: RS14
Anyone receive there 6.5cm barrels from the BF sale? Specifically AI prefits?

Mine initially showed delivery tomorrow, and I planned on shooting the piss out of it this weekend. Delivery got pushed back to Sat, so I probably wont get a chance to shoot it again for another month ):

Reactions: Hondo1
Surprise surprise. Ups managed to deliver today.

Medium Palma. Installed and head spaced perfectly. Going to be doing some blasting first thing in the morning. Will post some results tomorrow

Eta: didn’t realize a crazy north wind was blowing in today. Got it zeroed. Will get to shoot it again in the morning when it’s calm.

D53A6F5A-FF5A-4492-AC95-B1A103015D3F.jpeg

Last edited:
Put 60 rounds through it today. No break in procedure, just shooting.

It didn't like American gunner much, but my handholds shot good with a couple 5 round groups <0.5".
Average for the day was around .75". Pretty happy with that being a brand barrel and all.

No doubt it will only get better over time. I will need to work up a new load for it too. I have still been shooting some leftover spicy loads from trying to max out the slow 20" factory barrel.

820XN0q.jpg

Reactions: black5.3
Recently got a 26" Osprey Competition contour prefit in 6 Creed to put on my TL3 action. Headspaced perfectly on install. Only took a pic of the paper at 100 during zeroing. The bottom three were shot first and then adjusted and shot the two in the center. Then I went to 300, 400 and 550 for the rest of the first 20 rounds of factory 108 ELDs through the barrel. Sub moa cluster at each. Pretty happy so far. Took it home and cleaned it and it cleaned up pretty easily. Can't wait to do some work with some handloads.

IMG_2291(2).jpg

Reactions: nrspence
Recently got a 26" Osprey Competition contour prefit in 6 Creed to put on my TL3 action. Headspaced perfectly on install. Only took a pic of the paper at 100 during zeroing. The bottom three were shot first and then adjusted and shot the two in the center. Then I went to 300, 400 and 550 for the rest of the first 20 rounds of factory 108 ELDs through the barrel. Sub moa cluster at each. Pretty happy so far. Took it home and cleaned it and it cleaned up pretty easily. Can't wait to do some work with some handloads.

IMG_2291(2).jpg

Well with like 40 rounds through my rifle... we started load development. It is a 1-9 28" M24 barrel...

After a 10 shot ladder, I settled on 88.9gr of IMR 8133 in Lapua brass with a GM215 primer and pushing a 225 ELDM at 3037fps. No heavy bolt lift, flat primers or anything beyond a very very slight shadow of a ejector mark.. It has single digit SDs and shot a few great groups under .5"

View attachment 7844812
Got my eye on one, glad its working out for you.

View attachment 7844812

shooting factory ammo like that I wouldn’t waste my time loading for it unless I just wanted a different bullet.

shooting factory ammo like that I wouldn’t waste my time loading for it unless I just wanted a different bullet.
Only have about 300 rounds of factory left and a lot of components so that’s why I will load. Should be hard to duplicate the factory load.

Only have about 300 rounds of factory left and a lot of components so that’s why I will load. Should be hard to duplicate the factory load.
And no break in per se, right? Just shot the 20, cleaned, and all is good?

Yup. Haven’t done a break in in years as I found them a waste of time after trying multiple types. I clean when I get it and then after the first 3-4 range sessions and it’s broken in. Lol
Thanks, Rob (y)

And with this new barrel, would you hold off load dev until speed levels off or some # of rounds or fuck that, just go for it. Haha

Thanks, Rob (y)

And with this new barrel, would you hold off load dev until speed levels off or some # of rounds or fuck that, just go for it. Haha
Lol no I usually wait until I have at least 100 rounds through the barrel before doing any serious loading. I will probably start sooner than that but not lock in a load until after that.

Lol no I usually wait until I have at least 100 rounds through the barrel before doing any serious loading. I will probably start sooner than that but not lock in a load until after that.
Not saying right wrong or anything but question is why? I know a lot of people wait for at least 100 Usually waiting for barrel to speed up but just curious on your thoughts?

Not saying right wrong or anything but question is why? I know a lot of people wait for at least 100 Usually waiting for barrel to speed up but just curious on your thoughts?
Simple as that. Just want to make sure the barrel is normalized in its velocities and then work on the load. I didn't chrono that first outing but will the next to see what the factory load is moving at and keep an eye on changes.

I received a 22BR OBW barrel recently and just finished putting 200 rounds through it and will now start load development. Guess what... I used those random 200 reloads to fire form brass, season the barrel, and practice out to 800 yards. Now I know where I need to be for my target velocity. Load development should be less than 20 rounds and I am set for the life of the barrel.

The first 100 or so rounds should not be viewed as a waste. Any quality barrel should be precise enough to engage targets down range regardless of load*.

Reactions: Baron23
I have used a pile of barrels from many manufacturers over the years. Some were better than others but some were outstanding. I bought an Osprey blank last year and chambered it to 6.5 GAP, I hesitate to say this because I don't like waiting months for a barrel, without a doubt right out of the box it is the most accurate barrel I've ever owned. It flat out shoots. And it shot from shot 1 with really unknown loads. I've never been satisfied with anything that didn't shoot better than 1/2 moa and this one is easily sub 1/4 moa. Couldn't be happier with it.

@bohem I know you guys are slammed like the rest od the industry. I had a friend call today and couldn't get ahold of anyone and he sent an email. Wanting to know if you pay for the rush will it actually happen? He was looking at a 338 lapua savage setup

@bohem I know you guys are slammed like the rest od the industry. I had a friend call today and couldn't get ahold of anyone and he sent an email. Wanting to know if you pay for the rush will it actually happen? He was looking at a 338 lapua savage setup
Joe's on vacation and I've been slinging chips hard with Ben the last couple days.
Right now we're at 4-6 weeks consistently and the rush orders are going out on time. If we miss the time promised the rush fee gets refunded.

Joe's on vacation and I've been slinging chips hard with Ben the last couple days.
Right now we're at 4-6 weeks consistently and the rush orders are going out on time. If we miss the time promised the rush fee gets refunded.
Thanks man. I'll let him know. I'll order up a 6gt for an AI in the next week or 2.

@bohem - Do you have an eta for the 30 cal Osprey blanks?

Thanks
We made 30 in march, they were all snapped up by a distributor. We're making more now with the expectation for 30's available for retail in late May to early June.

The 7mm 1:8 twists are on the docket for June too.

We made 30 in march, they were all snapped up by a distributor. We're making more now with the expectation for 30's available for retail in late May to early June.

The 7mm 1:8 twists are on the docket for June too.
Great thanks.

Reactions: bohem
PVA's caught up and we're stocking pre-cut prefits... say that fast 5 times.

These go on the website for order for Cinqo de Mayo (tomorrow) at 10am.

Purchase link is HERE:

We are starting to fill some standard SKU's on the shelf for immediate shipment barrels. Nothing will be available for order until the list is done, when they're gone they're gone til the next batch is completed. We're doing 6.5mm this month. Next month we're doing 6.5's and some 6's and 22's.

We will not entertain any requests for changes to the listed barrel, if you want something different that's what the custom option is about. These are the most common items ordered and we pulled them out to reduce lead time for folks. As you can see from the photos these barrels are done and ready to ship. Admittedly it will take a day or two to pack and ship 40 individual barrels to different addresses so expect that if you place an order at 10am tomorrow it will go out by end of Friday.

Everything on the list is $575 for the first batch. Regular retail is going to be $599. Right now these are $675 if you custom order this configuration on the website. So you're getting a deal on the launch and going forward the "pre-cut prefit" list will still offer you a deal over ordering a 1-off custom (plus there's no waiting).

There is some cross compatability with these barrels and various actions:
  • All Origin barrels will fit a Zermatt Origin SA or LA as well as the TL3-LA.
  • No Origins fit a TL3-SA.
  • All "Nucleus" barrels are cut so that they're interchangeable on any ARC tenon since 2018; Mausingfield, Nucleus or Archimedes.
  • The Impact will fit a Lone Peak, Falkor 7EVEN, and a Stiller TAC30 with a 0.250" recoil lug.
  • The Rukus/Tenacity/AnTi barrels are all marked out at the muzzle end such that they will headspace properly and the caliber marking won't be occluded whether you have a pre or post update action when the thread timing changed in 2021.

We still offer the custom option for folks that want something specific. Custom options will carry a higher price than these as well as a quoted lead time.

Here's the list:

1651686456921.png

1651686220455.jpeg

Was out yesterday doing some load development with the 6mm Osprey in 6 Creed and shot this at 400 yards. Pretty happy with these barrels. The bottom dark is just chipped paint. There are two shots at 4 o'clock on the red dot and three above. Still think I can still do better. ;)

IMG_2499.jpg

Been having great luck with the two that I have, they have been very easy to load for and clean up quickly.
I'm glad to hear it, thank you!

The osprey barrels are definitely hammers
That's our goal, thank you for giving them a try!
Was out yesterday doing some load development with the 6mm Osprey in 6 Creed and shot this at 400 yards. Pretty happy with these barrels. The bottom dark is just chipped paint. There are two shots at 4 o'clock on the red dot and three above. Still think I can still do better. ;)

View attachment 7872807
Great shooting, @Rob01

Reactions: Rob01
Just ordered another 6mm Osprey barrel in 6 Creed. Man that first one shot so good I am going to try another with a slightly different chamber. A little shorter freebore to see if I can get the 110 ATips seated a little deeper in the case although they seem to shoot fine as they are I just want to play a little. LOL The barrel I have now with SAAMI will be for the 108 ELDs.

Talked to Josh when ordering and PVA has a good stock of barrels so anyone needing a barrel check out the Ospreys. I think you will like them and no wait for the barrel blank.