• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OTS March Match

mparry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2010
Midwest
OTS will have a match on March 13th at Vici, Oklahoma. Entry will be $125.00 per head and we will be taking the first 40 paid shooters. If all 40 slots are filled the payback will be at least $4,000.00 to be split as far down as the competitors at the event want to go. The remainder of the entry will go to T-Shirts (This will be all some of you take home) and food/drinks. We are trying to keep the round count around 100 on steel plates split from a line and troop style like our previous matches.
To enter up send your money and shirt size to
Parry Custom Gun
114 East Broadway
Vici, Oklahoma
Be certain to include your shirt size or I will get you a small. Any questions hit me up here, at [email protected] or 580-995-4867 9am to 5pm wed thru Friday.

Re: OTS March Match

I'm in. I'll send in my money with BJ's.

It's been awhile since I've shot one of your matches. Will each shooter take their turn before going to the next target? Any hints on a max yardage.

OTS how about, RED NECK hunting match .Lol , I will try to make it.

Half the match is that way still. The other half will be in troops (3 or 4) shooting at 5 target strings as they navigate terrain.

Max yardage is 250 to 1000 but the majority of the targets fall in the 500-800yd range. You guys better hurry I took in 30 shooters yesterday and have not checked the mail today.

Oh yea we swapped all those babies out for diamonds.

AS of today here are a couple of slots left. If any of you are thinking about it send in right away and you could slip in front of some of the other guys sitting on the fence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yea we swapped all those babies out for diamonds. </div></div>

I'll bet they are nice big diamonds to aren't they, not. If we see a 2 moa target I'll be surprised.

Oh now you sound so skeptical. And you know that if the fellows that come to this shoot got a calm day they would wear the strap out on a 2 MOA target swingin' that thing around out there... You included.

Looks like we are full. In fact we are over by a couple. Usually a couple of guys will wash out so it should even up nicely. If something changes I will keep you guys posted.
Thank you all

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yea we swapped all those babies out for diamonds. </div></div>

Anybody ever told you what an ass you were?
smile.gif

They always have been in the past but will let Matt answer that. Unfortunatly, long range rifle matches aren't much a spectator sport. Kinda boring to watch. Come and bring a spotting scope and you will learn alot if your attention span is long enough!!

Well I shoot in the Oklahoma military team (have yet to obtain governors twenty) and I am branching out into non military competitions and I really want to learn. Before I compete in matches I just wanted to see how they run, learn from the pros, and to be honest its how I would choose to spend my weekend so I will definitely be there if allowed. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Sorry, been out for a couple days,
Yes spectators are welcome at our match. We ask that you stand back so as not to get in the way of the participants or give out info. Such as unknowingly calling shots or wind where they can hear out of habit etc. We do not want to give anyone an unfair advantage. But we do like having people out and spectators often become shooters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bailey1474</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yea we swapped all those babies out for diamonds. </div></div>

Anybody ever told you what an ass you were?
smile.gif
</div></div>

Oh yea all the time

You bet. There is not a lot of positional shooting but they would be handy.

It will take allot to turn that around. That is for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Getting excited Matt, feed us some more details.
We having a Calcutta? </div></div>

Calcutta???... Sweet!!!
smile.gif

Oh yea! Calcutta every time I have a match. Bring some cash or you will be working for me. I am getting the 911 #'s off the county roads today so you fellas can have some good directions. I will send them out as long as we don't have people out there previewing the match site. We want to keep it fair for everyone.

Yes. We have a large crowd and allot of targets so we need to get started early in order to finish before dark. Lucky for us daylight savings time begins in Oklahoma that morning at 2:00 am (as if we needed something to complicate things a little) so we will need to start the safety meeting at 6:00 am DST.

I already know where it is and have been out there practicing. Hope u texicans are ready for a butt kickin'!!!
smile.gif

I'm sorry guys I made a mistake with the time change we will start at 7:00 am Daylight Savings Time. Which would have been 6:00 am standard.

That gives us one more hour of "enjoyment" the eveining before the shoot. Any recommendations as for food/beverage establishments for the travelers?

Hey Matt, how about some directions, where to stay, drink and maybe sleep Saturday night?

Got up at 6:30 which will be 7:30 DST this morning just to see how light it was, not very. Sure you don't want to make it 8:00 so we aren't standing around in the dark?

I will be arriving saturday night. I will watch this thread but if anyone has directions to the site or something I can put into my GPS as far as where the site is I would appreciate it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 280man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Matt likes to stand around in the dark with a bunch of guys
</div></div>

Yes he does!! LOL

Hell yes, most of the time they are unsuspecting.

I have sent e-mails out to everyone in the match with directions and start times. Except Jody Sommers,Jason Christianson and John Beanland and i think Tom has him covered.

anyone else needs to let me know and I have a shooters list for those who want one.

We have allot of shooters to Calcutta and allot of targets to get thru. Don't be late for the 7:00 am DST start up. And if I were traveling to here I might stay in Woodward. It is only 20 mins. north as opposed to 1 hour south to Elk City. And the girls at Roosters club in the N.W. Inn are trashy (roosters club in back). Not that you cannot find them everywhere in Oklahoma for christs sake there is a trailer park on every corner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And the girls at Roosters club in the N.W. Inn are trashy (roosters club in back). .</div></div>

..changed itinerary to North west Inn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And the girls at Roosters club in the N.W. Inn are trashy (roosters club in back). .</div></div>

..changed itinerary to North west Inn </div></div>

I am so very surprised!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And the girls at Roosters club in the N.W. Inn are trashy (roosters club in back). .</div></div>

Rich I like your style!

Unfortunately I am the best man in a wedding on Saturday so I won't be shooting this match. Too bad cause somebody could have wasted some hard earned money on me in that calcutta!

Colin Goodwin

I think you will like it better. and you can stagger to your room from Roosters.

Hey Matt,

Will you please bring a couple of extra shooter lists to use for the Calcutta. That is if you still need an Auctioneer!?

Dean-o

I think I might call out to the bar and give them my cc #. Let you guys drink all you want for free!! I'm sure I could get some others to split that with me. Might eliminate some of the competition before the shooting even starts.