• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Over/Under timeline before looting/breakins start?

if it gets ugly in my AO, im’a put signs up explaining i have covid 19.....enter at your own risk.
Actually pretty damn smart. Get a biohazard sign or 3, maybe some cdc signs and post em up on your property where neighbors and randoms will see it. Maybe inflate the number of “sick” residents on the sign.

Reactions: TACC
What would one do with the bodies when the anarchy begins? Asking for a friend.?
33218416-6AEF-4212-9CE0-66A6EA524F71.jpeg

Build an orchard of scarecrows.

Welp, so much for coming together to help your fellow man in need.
How so? I will give anyone the shirt off my back if they need help, already working to make sure my neighbors have food, water, tp, etc. and offering to make grocery runs for elderly neighbors so they do not have to go out as often. I work in healthcare so my day to day is also spent serving humanity.
However, if someone chooses to threaten the lives or wellbeing of myself or anyone in my care I will decisively stop the threat.

Not sure whom your post was referencing but if it was in response to my scarecrows, a good deterrent can save many lives... and gallows humor is a coping strategy.

I would agree.

Kept right on the edge, but never quite overflowing.
This.........

I'm seeing a lot of signs of (a lot of) people enjoying springtime. A few asswipe hoarders here and there, but nothing like last week. We can get most everything at the grocery store, maybe have to settle on 2nd or 3rd choice, but it's do-able. Totally calm around here.

How so? I will give anyone the shirt off my back if they need help, already working to make sure my neighbors have food, water, tp, etc. and offering to make grocery runs for elderly neighbors so they do not have to go out as often. I work in healthcare so my day to day is also spent serving humanity.
However, if someone chooses to threaten the lives or wellbeing of myself or anyone in my care I will decisively stop the threat.

Not sure whom your post was referencing but if it was in response to my scarecrows, a good deterrent can save many lives... and gallows humor is a coping strategy.

If the shoe fits...?

• Haha
Reactions: earthtrekker1775
I know it’s radically different social dynamics in a big city. Everybody seems to be in such a bad mood and hates each other. In a small rural community that stay in touch with each other and other small rural communities, things will go a lot better for longer until you have to turn into Neegan...?

Reactions: Bender
I live in the greater Seattle area and I’m telling you now, it’s pretty bad here.
most stores are sold out of essentials.
I know the manager of my local QFC pretty well and he told me last week that this week would probably be the last full restock of the store for many necessaries.
Most stores are out of proteins and won’t be getting them back in.
TP and tissue is obviously in low or no supply.
I’m curious how long it takes before the looting and home invasions kick in full gear?
If we go on full lock-down shelter in place mode, if the Ntnl Guard isn’t called up, I give it 9 days.

In addition to my G21 in my nightstand, I’ve brought out my 8” 300blk loaded with
DB 188gn subs that make a hole the size of a softball.
there will be no warnings.

Anyway, if/when it all gets put on lockdown, what’s the consensus for when rioting/loot/breakins begin?

2 hours out of seattle and the meat section was completely stocked at costco. They had plenty of TP as well. I went in for dog food and they only had one bag of the king my dogs eat. Lots of everything else though.

Prespent that check that may or may not come. Always wanted some drum mags for my 308 AR-10. So I bought two, but then had to use Ammo Seek to find some Hornady 300Blk Sub-X incase shit gets desperate and my freezer is low and need more veni out of season. We generally roll some over year to year though. So not too worried.

Days like this I thank goodness for where I live. Moved to a tiny rural town in MO. 1.5 hours south of STL (the most dangerous city in the country now)

Tiny little farming town where everyone knows everyone. Almost no crime except for a few druggies. Everything is fully stocked except TP and sanitizer

My street is 3.5 miles long with just 10 houses. I am on 16 acres and its one of the smallest parcels on the street

No riots here because we all have guns, but I am ready. I always carry, and 6 months ago I added a 7" suppressed 300blk with 500 rounds to my trunk

Only reason I'm doing it is because I'm just curious. I also sometimes dip into the stash. I know of two calibers I have not touched. Everything else is missing some boxes and needs to be restocked once things settle down.

But yea, the news would have a field day with what I have in ammo cans and mags for SHTF emergencies.

Nothing to report in my area , Pyrenees didn't get any fresh meat last night. Since the China virus has arrived in my state, 11 cases so far , I've noticed that the traffic on my dead end road has gone from 3 cars a week to zero other than the mail. At that rate it's pretty boring around here , hopefully getting boringer , because correct grammar and stuff.

There's nothing to draw looters and weirdos to my place other than the simple fact that the house is in the middle of nowhere. If they want my stuff it'll be the worst thing that they did that day, shaving their face with a chainsaw will sound like a good idea after they jump the fence and meet 400+ lbs of hungry Pyrenees with a major pack attack mentality issue . If they get past the dogs they'll have to face me and mine personally, the squaw is a fucking redhead and we all know how psycho they get once you cross them.

I have a friend whose wife has gone on a “redhead jihad”.

A coyote came and took her Yorkie literally from her feet one night during its last time out for the night.
Coyote ran off with dog screaming for its life in its jaws.
They live rural and now she baits for the coyotes, while sitting in a bedroom window with a red dotted AR .223.
When one shows up under the yard light, one shot. Done.

New Blue Heeler pup is learning the “shake it” game on dead coyotes.
Last we talked her kill count was five.
She’s not stopping.
I sent her an Ecaller to boost that.

Her husband affectionately calls her “Mega Red”.

She carries, always.

I hope you guys in the bigger cities are safe.
I moved to new place last week.
Dead end dirt road, 5 houses.
Meeting neighbors.

Last edited:
Western WA is on voluntary lockdown now. Im sure the mandate will be coming after the weekend.

Western WA is on voluntary lockdown now. Im sure the mandate will be coming after the weekend.
It's being ignored out where I'm at, on a widespread basis. We're rural/country/island and a lot of the flatlanders have come out. Wish they hadn't, it's quite peaceful here in the winter. Weather has been nice, so with the schools being out, we're just going to see more of them. It'll be all giggles for them, right up until the rains start back up. Homicides might increase......

Having said that, I do have a buddy that is about 73 and he went into voluntary/self imposed iso 12 days ago. He went to visit a friend at the local nursing home. He was allowed in the front door, but wasn't allowed into the back ward where his friend was. AFTER he was allowed in the front door, he was told of the quarantine/lockdown. There were no signs on the doors/entrance. So, he just went home and had himself an extended vacation. He's retired anyway.

Wow, those Brits sure have changed. They used to be an orderly bunch. Bad water?

Shopping outlook.
Fort Worth Texas thursday.

Determined wife struck out on her own "well healed" with her 45.
She found on the shelves, can goods, cheeze, milk, tortillas, plumbs, dish soap
and 2 of my favorites beer, and my favorite spice blend.

No dog food or paper products and only found a couple of deli meats.

It is hit or miss and limits on many items.

I think reasonable limits will help.

UPS has brought me some powder, a new extractor, some cat food and litter, and that's about all I'd be asking for these days.

My view is that the worst panic buying was earlier this past week, and we appear to have weathered that intact. For the most part, folsk were mainly just topping off some stacks of things that they'd negligently allowed to dwindle. Here in our little town, ther were nearly no binge buyers. I expect shortages, but nothing like what recent, and not so recent history has already shown us. I think that as far as the high desert country I live in goes, we've found a new normal, and we're coping. There are a lot of people with old values and old guns sitting at the ready around here, and this heartens me.

We got ten of us old friends and families together at the VFW last evening for a final drink together before the Canteen shuts down til April first, as strictly the decision of the Post Leadership. Most of our membership is in the higher risk category, and we feel it makes good sense to limit the opportunity to add more risk of contagion to their daily lives. This added isolation adds to the strain, but it's necessary in our view.

The talking heads at Fox are saying that the real peak stress is still about 7-10 days out, and I see that as applying far more to the urban zones than up here. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Our Sheriffs are good people, and we'd be looking to them for guidance. If they need and want help, we'll respond as they advise us to. In any and all case; none of us would be looking for any trouble.

Anybody else coming looking to 'take charge' might find themselves in compromising positions. Their choices, not ours.

Beyond that; I don't know, I just live here...

Greg

Last edited:
UPS has brought me some powder, a new extractor, some cat food and litter, and that's about all I'd be asking for these days.

My view is that the worst panic buying was earlier this past week, and we appear to have weathered that intact. I expect shortages, but nothing like what recent, and not so recent history has already shown us. I think that as far as the high desert country I live in goes, we've found a new normal, and we're coping. There are a lot of people with old values and old guns sitting at the ready around here, and this heartens me.

We got ten of us old friends and families together at the VFW last evening for a final drink together before the Canteen shuts down til April first, as strictly the decision of the Post Leadership. Most of our membership is in the higher risk catgeory, and we feel it makes good sense to limit the opportunity to add more risk of contagion to their daily lives. This added isolation adds to the strain, but it's necessary in our view.

The talking heads at Fox are saying that the real peak stress is still about 7-10 days out, and I see that as applying far more to the urban zones than up here. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Our Sheriffs are good people, and we'd be looking to them for guidance. If they need and want help, we'll respond as they advise us to. In any and all case; none of us would be looking for any trouble.

Anybody else coming looking to 'take charge' might find themselves in compromising positions. Their choices, not ours.

Beyond that; I don't know, I just live here...

Greg

Hey @Greg Langelius *,

If you havent already.

If yall have high speed internet or 4G data you should look into using "hangouts" or other video conferencing to chat with each other. You can meet as a group etc. Some of these services (like hangouts) are free.

My parents (who are isolated, but live about 2 miles from me) are terrible with tech and I was able to walk them through getting set-up with video conferencing. Takes some of their edge off.

I have a phone; that works OK for now.

I also have a fundamental aversion to having cameras inside my home. Call it a character flaw.

I live a moderately private life outside of SH. It works. Ny Wife and I share our home with our Granddaughter, 23, and Grandson, 21.

But THX for the heads-up, I'll keep the concept handy in case I feel the need.

Greg

Reactions: OldSalty
All the bloviating knuckleheads going on about range cards etc better think long and hard about what happens TOMORROW. Pretty damned hard to claim self-defense outside of your house, let alone 400 yards out.

Austin is not yet what I call in the pits. Between 2 HEBs and WalMart, we have been able to stock up on what we need. They are all restocking shelves but you never know what made it in on the truck until they start stocking.
All in all, my wife is a nurse so her job will be there. I'm a self -employed sole-proprietor in the marine field, I have work stacked up, and my customers have plenty of money so for the immediate future, life looks good.
That doesn't mean I won't have a STI sitting on my end table.

Reactions: Maxwell

We got ten of us old friends and families together at the VFW last evening for a final drink together before the Canteen shuts down til April first, as strictly the decision of the Post Leadership. Most of our membership is in the higher risk category, and we feel it makes good sense to limit the opportunity to add more risk of contagion to their daily lives. This added isolation adds to the strain, but it's necessary in our view.

I'm glad to hear this considering this unfortunate time we are in... We need you folks around for years to come... Stay safe, and God Bless.

All the bloviating knuckleheads going on about range cards etc better think long and hard about what happens TOMORROW. Pretty damned hard to claim self-defense outside of your house, let alone 400 yards out.
That will depend on whether they are throwing molatov cocktails at the house at the end of the block or not...

Washington's half shut down, but the LGS left me a voicemail yesterday saying that I'd won the ATF mega lottery jackpot and had three suppressor stamps come in at once (oldest was from last November or December). Not knowing what our dimwit governor had up his sleeve and ready to drop at his daily afternoon briefing, I went and stood in line for 90 minutes this afternoon to get in the shop to do the 4473 ad bring the cans home. I also felt sorry for the 10 mm ammo still sitting on the shelf being ignored by all panic buyers, so I brought some of that home as well.

Poor 10mm. It gets a bad rap.

Most things are shutdown, but good lord there were a ton of people out and about today. Saw tons of elderly people walking in groups. Idiots

Last edited:
Nothing to report in my area , Pyrenees didn't get any fresh meat last night. Since the China virus has arrived in my state, 11 cases so far , I've noticed that the traffic on my dead end road has gone from 3 cars a week to zero other than the mail. At that rate it's pretty boring around here , hopefully getting boringer , because correct grammar and stuff.

There's nothing to draw looters and weirdos to my place other than the simple fact that the house is in the middle of nowhere. If they want my stuff it'll be the worst thing that they did that day, shaving their face with a chainsaw will sound like a good idea after they jump the fence and meet 400+ lbs of hungry Pyrenees with a major pack attack mentality issue . If they get past the dogs they'll have to face me and mine personally, the squaw is a fucking redhead and we all know how psycho they get once you cross them.

Oh shit. I thought I had a thing for redheads and met one online recently. Hot ass face. She sent me a ton of pics of it. I finally bit and then got a text with a picture of a 9 month pregnant body. Said we should talk and take it slow and maybe sex would take awhile. Holy fuck they really are crazy!

We are at the 10 day mark.
Grocery stores are pretty well stocked here, but people’s monthly bills like rent, power, water, vehicle etc are coming due.
I feel the end is nigh.

The residents of the city/town I live in are off in the clouds thinking this junk isn't here already. There are confirmed cases in all of the counties around us, but the newspaper and fb keeps posting that there aren't any "confirmed cases". This is not smart because our city of 12k people has had 8 total tests given. So our town is under shelter in place, but no one is listening really. Out in west Texas area. Hard to deal with sometimes.

I’m really hoping (not just for myself) that the Feds do what Italy has done.
If people are forced to stay home and cannot make a living by Fed mandate, then all bills need to cease until an appropriate time after the mandate is lifted.
No bills or penalties of any kind.
I know people would take advantage of that provision, but I don’t think it’s fair to bill people that you’ve told to “stay home and don’t go make money but pay your bills”

The residents of the city/town I live in are off in the clouds thinking this junk isn't here already. There are confirmed cases in all of the counties around us, but the newspaper and fb keeps posting that there aren't any "confirmed cases". This is not smart because our city of 12k people has had 8 total tests given. So our town is under shelter in place, but no one is listening really. Out in west Texas area. Hard to deal with sometimes.

It’s places like that that will extend this outbreak/shutdown longer than necessary.
When the rest of the country is getting over it, small towns that didn’t listen will be going through it and possibly start a 2nd wave.

I’m really hoping (not just for myself) that the Feds do what Italy has done.
If people are forced to stay home and cannot make a living by Fed mandate, then all bills need to cease until an appropriate time after the mandate is lifted.
No bills or penalties of any kind.
I know people would take advantage of that provision, but I don’t think it’s fair to bill people that you’ve told to “stay home and don’t go make money but pay your bills”

So you can't make money to pay your bills which you can barely pay each month..
So your bills pile up to get paid at some later date (I'm sure there will be some date you have to play catch up by) which is going to be impossible for a lot of folks with a crashed economy, no jobs, no savings and widespread depression that all this Government intervention WILL cause.

Reactions: Ravenworks
if i remember its 7-9 meals before society starts to break down. so as long as the food keep moving and veggis keep growing i dont see a massive disaster

possibly the usual places that we all see on the news but they will riot because the sun came up

add to it that this is not a racial or opinion fueled riot, the left and the right will both want is squashed immediately

also add that the national guard will be posted with FEMA at those same populations centers and i dont see it getting far if it happens

im on long island 30 miles from NY more than populated

even during the insane buying spree there was still enough to go around

yes out of TP one day but the next day at another store there was the cheap brand etc

being in the north east there is usually more discretionary income, people were buying new freezers etc and stocking them

once the stock pile has been filled, its back to normal shopping because of the limited storage available

It’s places like that that will extend this outbreak/shutdown longer than necessary.
When the rest of the country is getting over it, small towns that didn’t listen will be going through it and possibly start a 2nd wave.

I'm going to guess a lot of rural folks who already are way spread out are not going to appreciate a bunch of big city asses telling them what they can and can't do especially on their own dime and their own towns.

I think we are actually in the 2nd or 3rd wave already, the first wave was probably Dec/Jan and the second wave was Feb

I heard today that a employee was sleeping at the store to keep his family from catching anything he might. Middle of the night 3 dudes broke in to rob the place. He shot one of them and the other 2 got away. The shooter has been arrested and the thug that was shot hasnt bee arrested or charged. What kind of bullshit is this?

I heard today that a employee was sleeping at the store to keep his family from catching anything he might. Middle of the night 3 dudes broke in to rob the place. He shot one of them and the other 2 got away. The shooter has been arrested and the thug that was shot hasnt bee arrested or charged. What kind of bullshit is this?
A brave new world we are living in.