• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Pacific Tool and Gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hogslife
I didn't say chads actions were sloppy Chad did that on his own.
I asked him if he sleeved them and he responded he trued the receivers which makes them larger then uses the factory bolt.
It's not my fault his fanboys don't know what that means or how it affects accuracy.
I am actually quite thankful for this Pacific Tool bashing thread. As more and more of you convince yourselves not to buy Dave's products I won't have as long of a wait for my purchases.
Lolroflmao

Glad to see that Daddy's world record has somehow made it's way into this conversation.
I am sensing alot of jealousy so
please tell us about your daddies world record and who ground the reamer for it.

Last edited:
So back here on planet earth...

I have not used PTG for more than headspace gauges, thread caps, stuff like that. A couple of times they did not ship things that were listed as being in stock. When it happened the first time I waited a week before calling, they got it out NBD. Repeated that the other times and got a similar result. Will keep your experiences in mind if I am ever compelled to look at them for something more serious.

Hogslife
I didn't say chads actions were sloppy Chad did that on his own.
I asked him if he sleeved them and he responded he trued the receivers which makes them larger then uses the factory bolt.
It's not my fault his fanboys don't know what that means or how it affects accuracy.

I don’t believe I saw where Chad said he makes the receiver bore larger.

FWIW, probably the most accurate rifle I’ve built for myself was a 700 with .007-.008” bolt body/receiver bore clearance.

I’m not convinced a super tight bolt fit is needed or even beneficial for a working/field/PRS/NRL rifle. If we were on a benchrest site, maybe bolt fit would be more critical.

Chad hones the receiver bore. That means he's taking off a controlled .0001 or so. Not enough to change the diameter of the bore any significant amount.
I think trying to discredit chad is a pretty cheap way of trying to build up PTG. Chad's pretty open and honest about everything he does and how LRI does it and needs no defense from me but some of the stuff said..... wow.

I don’t believe I saw where Chad said he makes the receiver bore larger.

FWIW, probably the most accurate rifle I’ve built for myself was a 700 with .007-.008” bolt body/receiver bore clearance.

I’m not convinced a super tight bolt fit is needed or even beneficial for a working/field/PRS/NRL rifle. If we were on a benchrest site, maybe bolt fit would be more critical.
For the accuracy your after 0.15 bolt fit will work.
Here is the only reason I buy from Kiff.
You guys are very entertaining

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190330-100709.png
    Screenshot_20190330-100709.png
    584.9 KB · Views: 132
I get that people are unhappy whenever there is a fuckup but most here think Dave is in a sprawling city with millions of employees to choose from and that simply isn't the case.
He gets alot of kids that don't last long and move on.
If you call them on the phone they know absolutely nothing about guns and can only tell you what they see on the computer screen.
We shoot 600/1000 yard Benchrest 3 miles from his shop and he isn't happy about the issues.
If you follow the link I posted Bruce Thom the owner of BAT machine doesn't know anything about actions

Reactions: HogsLife
I am sensing alot of jealousy so
please tell us about your daddies world record and who ground the reamer for it.
No jealousy here, only immense admiration. Can you grind me a reamer for my nose? I think I may have a world record booger stuck that's been driving me crazy.

We all understand that good employees are hard to find, especially if they aren't well compensated for their work. That however, is not the customer's problem. It's kind of like my last employer wondering why they couldn't find good help when they start at $12 an hour. You get people fresh out of school and people that can't work anywhere else.

Reactions: HogsLife
So you think Dave is running credit cards and not one of the girls on the phone?
I never said he was perfect but it seems on this forum he is out to get you guys personally.

Don't know who quadruple overcharged my card at PTG. But I Talked to Dave himself. 4 times. He kept saying "he'd personally see to it." He never did evidently. I never got my stolen money back. Its been at least a 7 years. And He started simply refusing my calls. Explain that away dude. We are talking Im out over $500!

Don't know who quadruple overcharged my card at PTG. But I Talked to Dave himself. 4 times. He kept saying "he'd personally see to it." He never did evidently. I never got my stolen money back. Its been at least a 7 years. And He started simply refusing my calls. Explain that away dude. We are talking Im out over $500!

I would have been on the phone with my card company instead of PTG.

This is what I’m seeing from an outside perspective: in this thread alone I see zero people who have had a problem with LRI and I see basically no one that hasn’t had an issue with PTG.

Chad is an enormous asset to this community.
I thought the thread was on PTG but, I confess, I had a problem with Chad. Now, before all the LRI fanboys come to burn down my house, I did NOT have any issue with his work and what I did have issue with was a LONG TIME AGO. I attributed that to growing pains and MOVED ON.
My sentiment with PTG is the same really. I guess I still remember the days when I, a nobody and not a gunsmith, could call and talk to Dave Kiff about what I might want from a reamer. He would actually listen and explain why he answered the way he did. All the growth at PTG was no accident. It happened because we all realized just what an asset Dave and PTG were and he realized how much business was being left on the table by not expanding. That expansion, and the employees that came with it, seem to be the root of the PTG evil as it were. BTW, many of my great shooting barrels' have been chambered with PTG reamers and still are.

Sounds like you should have called the number on the back of your card and disputed the claim. It happens all the time and not just from Dave.
Try buying gas in California and Nevada in the same day. Your credit card will get locked while your on a hunting trip.

Sounds like you should have called the number on the back of your card and disputed the claim. It happens all the time and not just from Dave.
Try buying gas in California and Nevada in the same day. Your credit card will get locked while your on a hunting trip.

Lol really? Your a clown and at this point you’re nothing but a troll.

So far, Regardless what anyone’s experience is with Dave and PTG, whether it’s over charging without making it right, not returning phone calls, not following through on schedules delivery’s, Wrong orders delivered, etc etc etc, you still feel the negative reviews are unwarranted and will defend him by trying to throw individuals with great history and reputations under the bus all because you and him are good ol buddies.

Go away.....

Hogslife
It's apparant to anyone who has owned a gun longer than a month that your not at all familiar with the shooting industry and it's practices.
Stick around you might learn something but I wouldn't bet on that happening.

Hogslife
It's apparant to anyone who has owned a gun longer than a month that your not at all familiar with the shooting industry and it's practices.
Stick around you might learn something but I wouldn't bet on that happening.

Lol ok bud. 20+ Years. More than some and not as much as others, but I’m curious to know how that somehow establishes the acceptability of a poorly run buisiness.....

I don’t care what industry you’re involved in, who your buddies are, who your daddy is, or who’s reamer was used to set records, the above stated buisiness practices are unexceptable and grounds for bad reviews for any company. Deal with it....

Just facts man, not dicks. Don’t take em so hard.

Your fascination with dicks is a bit disturbing but you can do whatever you like I guess.
If you don't like Pacific Tool do like Chad and don't buy any of there products instead of crying about it on a message board.
It's not that difficult of a concept

Nobody is crying here, other than you.

An individual asked for people experiences with PTG. Individuals expressed their honest personal experiences with Dave and PTG. Some good, and some bad.

Again, this is the entire purpose of this forum. You’re crying because you feel people are unjustified in their posted dissatisfaction with your buddy and his his buisiness and less than stellar customer service reputation. Trying to censor out the bad reviews.

This is no different than asking people’s experiences purchasing from individuals here from the Hide PX. If an individual has a poor reputation for not shipping items in a timely manner, or delivering the wrong item and has poor communication, do you expect we all keep our mouths shut and just let them figure it out for themselves? Or be honest in our answers?

I suppose if that individual was your buddy, regardless how many people got screwed, youd still be sitting here standing up for him and condemning all who voiced their honest experiences. Just like you are now.

Everyone here can see that you are biased and sees right through your argument.

Continue to use PTG. Nobody is stopping you, but if someone asks for an opinion based on personal experience, honest answers will be given, regardless of who it is and your dissatisfaction with the answers.

Take care man

Status
Not open for further replies.