• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

palmetto state armory screw up

opshin556

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2012
Kalifornia
first off let me say I have been a huge fan of these guys.
Thousands of rounds and dollars are spent yearly on ammunition mostly for training business.
I havent had anything to complain about before.
today a get this:
IMG00349-20120313-1530.jpg

The boxes look like they got wet, some are opened, rounds everywhere.
wtf? really?

I have sent picture to customer service and left VM on their phone.

Re: palmetto state armory screw up

That sucks did it appear to be opened by the shipping company maybe? PG

I have had probably 10 or 12 orders from them and never had a problem with any of them and the packaging was always first rate. I would have to suspect the shipping company had something to do with it. Hopefully PSA will make it right regardless of what the cause was. Please post their response.

not sure where it came from and where it was going, but I have seen shippers have a package get damaged in transit and they will rebox or bag the package and send it on its way to the destination. perhaps the UPS truck or what ever got into a wreck in the rain and your box fell out and they re boxxed it for ya.
smile.gif

Packages go through some hellacious weather going from point A to point B, and it isn't uncommon for them to be exposed to inclement conditions several times as they get to where they're going.

One of the worst things is sending by air and having your package ride "overflow" in lower cargo holds of the various airframes that package services maintain in their fleets. Condensation inside the skin of the lower level of the airframe is problematic, especially for insubstantially packaged, heavy items. I've seen a carton of ball bearings, about a foot across on a side, come undone and disintegrate going down a conveyor after having been inside a lower cargo hold for hours on end. At 2 am, that isn't a pretty sight, especially not when you have to police them all up from the tarmac.

sd0gts.jpg

Most cargo is fortunate enough to go in what are called "cans" in the industry, aluminum and plastic cargo holders that are shaped to be loaded into the upper cargo hold on cargo airframes by means of human muscle, rollers, and a "K-loader." In-flight condensation isn't a great issue and the packages aren't subjected to so many hazards from moisture.

juwd3r.jpg

I have ordered several things and hundreds of dollars from PSA and have never had a problem. On the other hand I have a buddy that worked for UPS. He has told me several stories where they just get the packages and throw them into the trucks. He also said that if a truck gets in a accident they gather near by crew to toss the packages into another truck then deny any wrong doing. Even if the package has fragile handle with care. Hope the carrier mans up or PSA Takes care of the problem.

Im sure they will make it right..

Palmetto rocks!
They are filing claim with carrier and sending me a new order:)

out of respect to Palmetto you might change the title of this thread...

I'm glad they are making it right. It's a great outfit and I'm one to check their site for deals. Build an AR with a hammer forged barrel for under $600...PALMETTO STATE!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">out of respect to Palmetto you might change the title of this thread...</div></div>

Ding, ding , ding......

Sounds like Palmetto didn't do anything but what you agreed to when you sent them the order, maybe 'UPS screw up' or FED-EX screws up....

They've done nothing but 100 percent in my dealings with them, which is pretty damn good in today's world.

sean

They shipped the wrong ammo once and immediately sent a call tag and reshipped the correct item.
They are GTG.

Opshin556,

My last order arrived missing five boxes of ammo. Can't say what happened but after emailing them I had the ammo in less than three days. They have my continued business.

Sincerely,

Buddhapapa

Seriously dude? Is any ammo actually missing? If not, it's ammo for christs sake. Put it in ammo boxes and pull your skirt up

Nothing like ordering something on Monday then not hearing back and calling them on Thursday only to be told the items won't ship until possibly next Monday...

I had a similar problem with a 45acp order with them. As with yours they took care of it promptly without any issues. It involved 4 shooters packs and from what I could count in the box there were only 3 left in the same state as yours.

I know for a fact that UPS drivers and USPS drivers will borrow or steal If your gun delivered by UPS looks like it spent a day on the range, there's a good chance it did....