• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pelican Set up for Tyler

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Tyler,

Here are the Pictures of the Pelican 1615 Air with my AI rifles

IMG_3687.jpg
    IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_3688.jpg

Barrels go in a barrel bag under the tripod so they are not just sitting out there as it appears when traveling

Frank,
    How deep is the case? Very nice!

edit: duh, model listed... I could look it up myself 🤦🏻‍♂️

I believe that is the 1615TP comes with trekpack dividers.

Do they allow you to carry that on or must be checked below ?

LOL

Carry on, crack is whack

I will say it does come down a lot with the regular baggage which is not a bad thing, means it's not flagged as a firearm, keeps showing up on the carousel

Thought you put a saxophone decal on it you would be able to put it in the overhead. :ROFLMAO:

I haven't flown with it yet, but have a smaller Pelican Air with the yellow velcro reodable dividers and love it even more than I expected. Have traveled a lot, been abused more than I'd want (people keep seeing "pelican" and sitting, standing on it, tossing it around, etc" ) and keeps firearms, ammo, thermals and NODs, industrial test gear, computers, phones, and much more very safe in all weather.

Great cases. And the weight is REALLY noticable. Even when loaded up, it helps.

I have more than a dozen of the pelican cases. Not only for firearms but 7 for business travel. The AIR series is nice because you can pack more weight inside.
    Sat I flew cincinnati to Orlando x3 cases 1 of which was rifle case loaded with stuff just for 4 hrs onsite. Each case weighed 96 to 99 lbs. 600 in bag fees. But they hold up
    20201122_081816.jpg

I don't think any of my pillows are here, I may have them at the range,

But you can fit a pillow in here too if I have one to show you I can throw some in, there is room on top of the rifle for nylon stuff should you choose

I don't think any of my pillows are here, I may have them at the range,

But you can fit a pillow in here too if I have one to show you I can throw some in, there is room on top of the rifle for nylon stuff should you choose

What do you think is the max barrel length you can fit in your setup ?

What’s RTZ do you experience with the AI and do you do hand right or put a wrench in the barrel

Nice set up. I really like the Pelican Air cases and the divider set up they come with.

Nice setup! Appreciate the info and pics on your equipment in a 1615 Air

Going to resurrect this thread, I just received a pelican storm im2975 and need ideas on how to best organize it as a range box. I can fit my tripod, magneto speed on a wiser mount, etc. in there but I'd rather have some organization instead of just throwing everything in.