• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

PGW coyote has arrived.

Mag 300

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2006
    Downers Grove Illinois
    the Coyote got here yesterday and the inital thought for me is that its like a cross between the Aw and the Surgeon if that makes any sense. Very nice quality and the spiral on the barrel is a deep cut
    IMG_0145_6741.jpg

IMG_0139_6735.jpg

Was also luck to find a anschutz 1827 fortner action closest in the picture

Bill

Re: PGW coyote has arrived.

Bill my Coyote has arrived as well. A little bro for my T wolf. Gonna head out to the range in a little and give it a run. Supressed and open. Bill, try and run some rounds through without firing. My experience with the T Wolf was that the chamber is very tight and discriminates against over length rounds. Also the action is stiff until 50-100 rounds run through.

Might have been nice to see if they would have done the green barrel and action on the Desert camo stock. Just a thought.

Also interesting that the Coyote doesn't comne with a NV Rail.

LOL no the top is am AW in. 308
    next down is a AW 2.0 Black in 338 Lapua
    Next down is the 308 Coyote tan
    bottom is a Anschutz but its the biathalon model 1827 in .22 LR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what a collection Bill. Are those all .308s in the bottom pic? </div></div>

Hi Bill ,

Nice rifle , what sort are the magazines , look like a single stack , modied HS Precision mag ?

Later Chris

Beautiful. You are running out of shit to buy. That and an AI-you are at the top of the ladder.PGW is just so hard to acquire.

What is the optic going to be?

I picked up my Timberwolf the other day. Got it from a guy on here, gently used. It was to good to pass up.

Well Bill, it's everything the T wolf is only in .308. Between the AI and the PGW,there really is no difference that a average shooter can perceive. One thing is for sure,they both make the shooter a better shooter.
    tw308.jpg

When did you order? I placed my order for a Coyote on January 14, wish I was more patient by nature...

What kind of glass are you going to put on it?

Those are some damn nice rifles.
    I was wondering what kind of bipod that was on the Coyote?

It will still come down to personal opinion??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope you guys do some side to sides bwtween the PGW and the AW so we can settle this once and for all. </div></div>

20"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGuru727</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long is the barrel on the rifle with the Manners T4A? </div></div>

hopefully S&B
    quote=markspring1978]When did you order? I placed my order for a Coyote on January 14, wish I was more patient by nature...

What kind of glass are you going to put on it? [/quote]

Directly fom PGW in Canada yes it was imported

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: honkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were did you get it from, did you have to import from canada? </div></div>

Chris good question, I think your right but do not know ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Hi Bill ,

Nice rifle , what sort are the magazines , look like a single stack , modied HS Precision mag ?

Later Chris </div></div>

That my freind is called CASH!!!!!!!
    I have a hard time having 20K in glass but easier to buy the rifles for some reason . the Coyote will be wearing a S&B hopefully

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how come the tube gun the suregon and the pgw dont have any glass?? </div></div>

And the groups that you shot ??????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well Bill, it's everything the T wolf is only in .308. Between the AI and the PGW,there really is no difference that a average shooter can perceive. One thing is for sure,they both make the shooter a better shooter.
    tw308.jpg
    </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the groups that you shot ??????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well Bill, it's everything the T wolf is only in .308. Between the AI and the PGW,there really is no difference that a average shooter can perceive. One thing is for sure,they both make the shooter a better shooter.
    tw308.jpg
    </div></div> </div></div>

Really didn't do any grouping. Just sighted in and ran some patches. Adjusted the trigger and fitted the can for some rounds. Short day and short range. My .338 needed some rounds down the pipe when I first got it too. Everything seems to work better after some rounds on these PGW's imho.I'll get out to the 500m next week for some real info.

Hey Bill....glad to hear it arrived. A couple of things I've noticed with these rifles. First off the bolt will cycle rough the first 100 or so rounds. On both my Timberwolf and Coyote the raceways were coated and it took a while for it to smoothen up. Secondly, if you spec'd the rifle with their standard trigger, which is a Rifle Basix, the trigger seems almost a little rough from the start (if that makes any sense?) but will become lighter and more predictable as time goes on. On both of my rifles I didn't do any trigger adjustments from new. After about 200 rounds both started to break very nice and I've been quite happy with them since. It's almost like the internals need to be polished up or something before it starts to feel right. Anyways, enjoy the new toy.

Chris

Bill,

What kind of scope, rings and stock do you have on the Anshutz 1827 barreled action? Thanks. Gordon

I love the spiral DEEP flutes of the PGW rifle. I find the barrel profile strange, I know it was for their suppressor application but which one were they using?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt2143</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the spiral DEEP flutes of the PGW rifle. I find the barrel profile strange, I know it was for their suppressor application but which one were they using? </div></div>

They build their own reflex style suppressors.