• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pheasant hunting boots

fuddmann

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2005
Apple Valley, MN
I am looking to pick up a good pair of pheasant hunting boots. I live and hunt in Minnesota so it needs to be insulated (a bit) and waterproof. I am hoping to keep the price under $150, under $100 would be even better. There is a Gander Mountain outlet and Cabelas not far from my house so outlet should be about 1/2 MSRP at the outlet.

PS: I just got back from the sand box, when did the SH logo change?

Re: Pheasant hunting boots

look for Filson's....on sale. This is stuff grandkids will wear!

I wear Lacrosse knee boots. In fact I wear out a pair a year. I guide for a local hunt club. They are water PROOF to your knees, warm, comfortable and around a hundred $. You dont need the 1200s as you are moving when hunting. my .02

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prairiehuntr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do a fair amount of hunting in the fall including pheasants and love my Danner boots. </div></div>

+1

if you go to Cabelas... check the bargain cave out
smile.gif

PS.. thanks for your service
cool.gif

I just recently switched from Danners to Muck boots, I will never go back!! Once you try on a pair you will know why.

I have muck boots too... feet sweat way to much unless it is 20 degrees or cooler.

Cold weather they are great. I even have the brown ones that aren't so warm...

The Filson boots are a great deal if your size is still available.

Dollar for Dollar it is very tough to beat a danner boot.

If you are hunting crop ground, I would go with a rubber bottom boot on the wet days. If it is all grass and crp, leather boots will work fine.

You didn't give any details of size, etc that you were looking for. Are you wanting a lightweight set like Kangaroo, or something codura, or a full leather set?

Mark

I don't really have a preference for material so long as it is waterproof and warm.

How much Thinsulate is enough, how much is too much? I'm probably not die hard enough to hunt below 20 degrees, maybe a bit lower if its nice out. My main concern is snow and wet ground.