• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pics of where you shoot

Re: Pics of where you shoot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
P1010236.jpg

</div></div>

I am in Denton, where is this! I must go!

This is my favorite thread when stuck in the office, thank you all for sharing great pictures, and please do keep them going.

Dyl..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure is! You recognize it. Only about 4 miles off H89. </div></div>

Yep. Bet I could find that exact spot blindfolded. Killed my first elk at the bottom of those hills back in '96. Didn't do it at 2000 yards though
wink.gif

One of these days I really want to come shoot with guys down there.

-Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ajb008</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tucson Rifle Range: Reactive steel out to 500yrds, Im really gonna miss AZ.
</div></div>

Actually that's out to 500m, and is meant to be shot standing on your own two feet with no support....... </div></div>

546.8 yards to the gong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
shootingwiththeboys004.jpg

15 minutes from the house... </div></div>

can't wait to come up there ! nice rifles and country
cool.gif

Sendero_man,

Thats an interesting looking bench you have there, whats the top made out of? Do you have any more pics or can you tell us a bit more about it?

Regards,

Peter

some of you live in some beautiful country!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sendero_man,

Thats an interesting looking bench you have there, whats the top made out of? Do you have any more pics or can you tell us a bit more about it?

Regards,

Peter

</div></div>

yup... made it out of Trex Decking.

Set up for right and left hand shooters.

Here's my contribution

First out, my home range, 15 minutes drive, 100, 200 and 300 meters available 7 days a week, this is from the bench at 100 meters

AW2.jpg

Secondly, I shoot at a nearby military complex, about a 45 minute drive from home. We're are allowed to use the range's (2x300 meters + 1 x 600 meters) and also the field (1300+ meters) for competitions on most weekends.

The 600 meter range, I believe this picture is taken from 600 or 500 meters:

Stlis100109.jpg

Finally a cozy pic from the field, on this specific station we shot over some shot up old MTLB's that our Swedish military decided was a bargain to buy from the East German stock-pile at the end of the cold war (they were perhaps a bargain, but not very good..)

IMG_1496L.jpg

Finally a picture from my club's indoor shooting range, 10 min ride - where I'm only allowed to shoot pistol or .22LR rifle, here the missus is trying out my Dan Wesson 1911 .45;

IMG_2974_L.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That doesn't look anywhere close to Baton Rouge LA to me.
laugh.gif

I'm jealous of all the guys that get to shoot on what seems like thousands and thousand of acres of open land. </div></div>

Yeah, no long ranges like that in MD lol. I have 300 yds tops.

-Z

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sendero_man,

Regards,

Peter

</div></div>

Better view of the bench for ya !

MG_0063.JPG

Sendero_man,

Very nice looking set up you have there! I have a couple of places I can shoot out to maybe 400m, but none where i can set up a permanent bench. It would need to be all concrete and still the local scrotes would find a way to wreck it!
mad.gif

Thanks again,

Peter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RUTGERS95</div><div class="ubbcode-body">some of you live in some beautiful country!!!!!!! </div></div>

C'mon Camden is just as nice. Right?

This time of year Camden is beautiful. The way the sun comes up over the garbage and gang violence, I'm left thinking could there be a nicer place.

iPhoneUpload-10.jpg

Out to 750y
IIRC its set up at 25, 50, 100, 150, 200, 350, 500, 750

It's two hours from my house, as I don't have any private land I am able to use.

We only make it up there a few times a year.

These are from a multi agency training a couple of weeks ago that we hosted.
This is the back yard to our Sheriffs Office. We have about 980 yards if we shoot property line to property line.
up1.jpg
up2.jpg

up3.jpg

shooting at 700 yards- Talbot Co. Ga/Dad's property. The cut in the tree line at the muzzle goes to about 800 yards. The loggers are in there now opening it up to probably 1000!!! Need to go check on progress!
IMG00008.jpg

Good to 1800+ yds.

White rectangle is paper at 500 yds.

Red arrow is steel at 1300 yds. on a portable stand.

IMG_5096mod.jpg

John

^^
That's one HUGE piece of steel to be able to see it at 1300 yds. Not to mention that paper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pazzo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^
That's one HUGE piece of steel to be able to see it at 1300 yds. Not to mention that paper. </div></div>

The steel is 14"x22". That's roughly 1x1.5 MOA at 1300 yds. That's like shooting at a 1"x1.5" patch of paper at 100 yds. Sure if you have a 1/2 MOA rifle AND it's properly zeroed for 100 yds, this should be no problem. But try finding your zero on a postage stamp.
grin.gif

I have a 4.5-14 scope and I can still spot hits on it, but I think it's a little narrow, as windage misses can be a little hard to spot. We're thinking of building a 3'x3' gong and painting a target spot on it as we can get out to over a mile in this spot.

Curious what the rest of you are using for LR steel.

John

here is our current setup--have plans to extend it but just have not had the time. We have steel every 100 yrds out to 1k and put out unk distance steel as needed. The small white area in the center left side is the 1 mile berm.
range-1.jpg

5 Minutes from the house.

IMG_1161-1.jpg

Low left target is at 400 yards. The target on the Right and in the middle is 580 yards. Top left target is 820 yards (It is not on the top of the hill it has a big safe backstop).
IMG_1162edit.jpg

We set up steel targets and shoot from various ranges. Max range is about 1200 meters.

34782_1517806749691_1370176248_31391951_7404062_n.jpg

South Florida as anyone who lives here knows, sucks when it comes to places to shoot past 100 yards. Especially so for precision rifle builders. I was extremely fortunate to meet a couple of great guys that walked into my shop for some work, and invited me to go with them and shoot on a range with steel out to 1 mile. Talk about winning the lottery. Here are a few pics of the private range.

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ckirkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_2134.jpg
</div></div>

Hey can you give some specs on your gun? Looks really nice.

36968_411959413663_584538663_4405179_5663862_n.jpg

Only shot i have ATM of the missus on her first shoot.

Nearest plates are 100m, second lot out are 200m and final lot out are 300m.
Off to the LH side you can see a smaller mound, thats out to 600m, before that they've marked 400 and 500 but the boards are on the ground at the moment.

http://ssaavic.com.au/SSAA.php?id=90

link to the range site. got some small pics there.

I love the deep south but dad-gummit am I jealous of all those great big spreads to shoot over. Its dang nigh impossible to find any of those kind of places around here, you either have to be connected or have a ton of money to get that around here. Hats off to all these shooters that are blessed with good places to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
A special place </div></div>

Nice looking Range there Dave. Almost looks like a runway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmokinAce</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
A special place </div></div>

Nice looking Range there Dave. Almost looks like a runway. </div></div>

Doubles as that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Doubles as that. </div></div>

I have 2 similar areas by me like this but neither have a backstop. Nice find Dave.