• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pics of where you shoot

Re: Pics of where you shoot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">South Florida as anyone who lives here knows, sucks when it comes to places to shoot past 100 yards. Especially so for precision rifle builders. I was extremely fortunate to meet a couple of great guys that walked into my shop for some work, and invited me to go with them and shoot on a range with steel out to 1 mile. Talk about winning the lottery. Here are a few pics of the private range.

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg
</div></div>

Yh you are very lucky. I have to drive a long way if I choose to
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
022qp.jpg

PDog Town. Montana </div></div>

<span style="color: #333333">Looks like you got em' all or just a quiet moment?

I like my 17hmr volquartsen for such but my friends CZ in 204 Ruger even better.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wooferocau</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is our back paddocks..
DSC_0141w.jpg

DSC_0162w.jpg
</div></div>

A beauty.

You are blessed.

off dinner/shooting table.little white dots inside orange aera=silouettes, 966yds, still challenging on windy day here in the bowl .its all coming together little at a time

img002151.jpg

By procovert045 at 2010-08-28

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
shootFeb23_00015.jpg

BLM land near Barstow - 1.5 hours east of my AO</div></div>

i would like to know where that is!

i shoot just north of the stoddard wells offroad area where blm becomes legal for rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: procovert45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">off dinner/shooting table.little white dots inside orange aera=silouettes, 720yds, still challenging on windy day here in the bowl .its all coming together little at a time

img002151.jpg

By procovert045 at 2010-08-28 </div></div>

North GA is pretty country. I run the public range at Fort Gordon, just outside Augusta. We are 800yards marked.

Here is where I shoot most of the time. I like this spot because the ground is really flat out to the hills. On the 3000 yard hill, there is a nice ravine 100 yards in front of the target where we spot from.

Range004rg.jpg

Range004_crop.jpg

The trailer gets us above the brush and away from the scorpions
wink.gif
and the gator lets us run back and forth to the targets easily.
375shooting010.jpg

A couple of my spots,

This place I can set up beside the truck.
2009-07-0610-47-53.jpg

This is a hump up the hill. Im about 500' higher than the target at 1050, my 1000 yard data puts me on target. Easy to self-spot, looking down onto the impact area. Wind can be tricky with updrafts coming up the hill.
IMG_1457.jpg

My place... I just cut the brush a few weeks ago. I can get over 1000 yards, but that would require a few more days behind a brush cutter. Its a one lane range, but it works great for me!

Here is the area behind the 600 yard target
4930700724_0bb7255a76.jpg

The pistol area and the first 200 yards.
4930699000_f277bde54c.jpg

Here is where I hunt hogs. Its 100 yards to the tree.
4930701212_6944db8d67.jpg

Here is a video of the range in use
smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dsegxaRbRU

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a work in progress, I can only 600 from my reloading room but I want to stretch it out to a 1000, I just need to get on the dozer and clear some more brush and trees out.Here's a brief video.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vakmvgZb9aE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vakmvgZb9aE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Shooting from the reloading room...I am jealous...

IMG_0148copy.jpg

This is a great spot with one exception. 1500 and 2000 yds are in from 6" to 18" of swampy muck, water and mud. Waders are a must (carrying the 90 lb. piece of steel out there is fun!). But misses are a royal pain to spot. Your dope better be *really* close, 'cuz if there's no trace, you'll have no idea where the round goes. Can't wait for freezing weather!
grin.gif

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_0148copy.jpg

This is a great spot with one exception. 1500 and 2000 yds are in from 6" to 18" of swampy muck, water and mud. Waders are a must (carrying the 90 lb. piece of steel out there is fun!). But misses are a royal pain to spot. Your dope better be *really* close, 'cuz if there's no trace, you'll have no idea where the round goes. Can't wait for freezing weather!
grin.gif

John </div></div>

Not sure if the cameraman noticed that he's look directly down the barrel of your sidearm there. Muzzle control jrob, lol.

Branden

We have 4 legged and 2 legged predators here in spades. I wear a sidearm when I shoot here. That's not going to change. I do not keep it chambered, FWIW. My spotter, whom I shoot with all the time knows to position himself so he's clear.

The pic was taken by my daughter's fiance and I was unaware he was taking it. But when my spotter saw him behind me, he did mention the 40 S&W on my belt. He moved.
wink.gif

We are serious about range safety. It is a shared responsibility and education and awareness are key ingredients.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The pic was taken by my daughter's fiance...</div></div>

Ahh, so that's you're plan to get rid of him, lol.

FWIW, I was just playing around about muzzle control. I need to get a sidearm and carry it as I shoot by myself most of the time, and with my equipment, this economy, and the seclusion of where I shoot, it wouldn't be hard for somebody to get my stuff if they decided they wanted it, and that worries me.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The pic was taken by my daughter's fiance...</div></div>

FWIW, I was just playing around about muzzle control. I need to get a sidearm and carry it as I shoot by myself most of the time, and with my equipment, this economy, and the seclusion of where I shoot, it wouldn't be hard for somebody to get my stuff if they decided they wanted it, and that worries me.

Branden </div></div>

We're going to keep him. He's a great guy!

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The pic was taken by my daughter's fiance...</div></div>

Branden </div></div>

We're going to keep him. He's a great guy!

John </div></div>

I still joke to this day about the time my father in law tried to remove my leg with the boat and ski rope for knocking up his daughter (we were already married long before then). It's a long story, but in short, something silly done while I was tubing got me in a bad position with slack in the rope, the rope around my leg, and the boat removing all the slack in the rope to pull the tuber (me). I survived, and my leg is still attached, it's a good thing that it was the thick rope used that day. We usually use a fairly thin rope that surely would have cut through and removed my leg at the knee.

Branden

BTW, good deal on your daughter finding a husband to be that you are happy to have join the family.

Family's farm. The black circle is about 1100 yds, and we can put targets about as far as you can see... about a mile and a half, give or take (Not that I have anything that will stretch that far. Yet.)

1kyds.jpg

sure know how to make a city boy jealous!
nothing like shooting with back drops as those pictured here, beautiful. ill post pictures asap

MOMX3 going long with the TRG 22
WeddingVolleyballShooting010.jpg

Terror for local groundhogs
TRGWTs-2.jpg

Another hunting spot about 300 yards from the porch
4thjuly022.jpg

Dry creek bed just up the hill from the house

2rmwc5h.jpg

My favorite 500m rock

2hxo7j7.jpg

Waiting for the sun to finish going down

w2p1k1.jpg

DPMS SASS 18"
SpecterDR/M911A

Here's where I do most of my shooting. Gunsite Hills in Lexington, GA... 30 minutes from Athens. There are berms every hundred yards from 100-700, along with some other steel at various ranges inbetween. There's also a tactical pistol/gas gun course with obstacles and a tower.

IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3742.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jinta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
wooferocau said:
This is our back paddocks..
DSC_0141w.jpg

DSC_0162w.jpg
</div></div>

i recon every household in Australia has at least one of those yellow flowerED foam matresses somewhere in a cupboard, hahahahahaha

great spot mate, what part of vic is that? i may have missed it if you already answered...

have a good one mate, jimi

The group of guys I’m lucky enough to shoot with..

DSC_0010-2-1.jpg

Local place, steel out to 600 yards.

IMG_1213-1.jpg

Our little desert spot.. we have steel 200 yards to 1k. Everybody in the group shoots 1k yards at least 1 a month.. Well that is to say they have the opportunity too
smile.gif

the-spot-1.jpg

Haven't gotten it set up yet as we've only had the place for a few months and it's hunting season so I can't really shoot much, but I'm going to setup gongs to around 1,350...right out of the cabin!

305.jpg

321.jpg

Must say I'm quite jealous of the open land some of you guys get to shoot in the USA!

Heres a few of the ranges I shoot regularly;

1000mJ3aSennybridge.jpg

J3a 1000m Range at Sennybridge, near Brecon.

1000mFRangeSennybridge.jpg

F Range at Sennybridge, near Brecon. The four white screens are at 1000m, there are Fig11 ETRs at distances out to 1300m.

IR2.jpg

IR2 900m Range at Warminster.

This is not my usual shooting range, but I did get to "own it" for a week during hunting season. In the Absaroka Beartooth wilderness area in Montana. Beautiful country!!!

DSCN0147.jpg

The rest of the pics are my normal shooting area in southern Nevada. Just south of Vegas. I just was able to connect on my first 1 mile shot this weekend. Got a first round hit at a mile, it was awesome!!!
DSCN0274.jpg

DSCN0275.jpg

DSCN0294.jpg

sniperplatformalpha.jpg

Here is a pic of my mile shot! The elevation was perfect and I hit about 6 inches to the right of the bull...pretty lucky shot...but I'll take it!

P.S the mile shot was with the Barrett 99 with a 750 grain AMAX 233 grains of h50...2700 fps using the BORS I dialed it to 1800 yards, dialed 8 moa of wind...s.w.a.g (scientific wild ass guess) and DRILLED IT!!!

DSCN0320.jpg

Here is a pic of the crew!
DSC00784.jpg

The BC Tactical Rifle club hold a 3 day sniper/tactical rifle match at this range every summer. It's just across the Canadian line in Chilliwack, BC.

DSC00610.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KPK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haven't gotten it set up yet as we've only had the place for a few months and it's hunting season so I can't really shoot much, but I'm going to setup gongs to around 1,350...right out of the cabin!

305.jpg

321.jpg
</div></div>

What part of Western OK are you in? That looks like it has to be western ok.

I'm in Elk City...your right! Our place is in close to the river south of town...

I've been living off and on in Elk City since I got out of high school. I'm acually staying there right now during the week. I'm working up by Roll right now but we're staying in Elk City. I've found so many awesome spots to shoot along our right of ways that it's silly. But never have talked to the landowners to see if they would actually let me shoot. Depending on how far south of town you are I've more than likely put a pipeline acrossed that place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhilM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Must say I'm quite jealous of the open land some of you guys get to shoot in the USA!

1000mJ3aSennybridge.jpg

J3a 1000m Range at Sennybridge, near Brecon. </div></div>

Is that a public or private road you're shooting over?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hognuts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is not my usual shooting range, but I did get to "own it" for a week during hunting season. In the Absaroka Beartooth wilderness area in Montana. Beautiful country!!!

DSCN0147.jpg
</div></div>

If people keep posting pictures like this I'm going to have to move to Montana... Don't get me wrong, I'll always be a Vermonter, but Montana is really tempting.

The road is actually a public road mate, it's in the middle of a military training area however. During firing the road is closed, you can see one sentry post about 50m to the left of the bend. The other sentry post is out of shot to the right
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: westford86</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhilM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Must say I'm quite jealous of the open land some of you guys get to shoot in the USA!

1000mJ3aSennybridge.jpg

J3a 1000m Range at Sennybridge, near Brecon. </div></div>

Is that a public or private road you're shooting over?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hognuts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is not my usual shooting range, but I did get to "own it" for a week during hunting season. In the Absaroka Beartooth wilderness area in Montana. Beautiful country!!!

DSCN0147.jpg
</div></div>

If people keep posting pictures like this I'm going to have to move to Montana... Don't get me wrong, I'll always be a Vermonter, but Montana is really tempting. </div></div>

Yeah, Montana has some of the most beautiful country in the world. I grew up up there....I am in Las Vegas now...pretty much the ass of the world! But I get to make trips like that once a year for elk hunting...that's what makes it tolerable!

fairies-mermaids-and-unicorns.13770151.jpg

Place just south of Glendale AZ. 1200 yard steel on the island and there is no gravity here so just hold "dead on".

remytactical,what part of Alabama are you in? There are a couple places to shoot a 1,000+ around the State. We are in the southeastern portion. I'll take a picture of our spot next time out, which will be in two weeks. Have class this weekend.

Bisley, UK

200 yards
Picture317.jpg

600 yrds
Picture235.jpg

1200 yards
Picture192.jpg