• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pics Please - New GAP-10 Handguard

JB02

CDR
Minuteman
  • Sep 14, 2011
    Northern VA
    The GAP-10 sticky has like one or two so-so pics of the new hand guard, and GAP's website still uses the old hand guard on their stock photos. Would those of you that have a GAP-10 with the new hand guard kindly post in this thread? I'm interested in seeing the hand guard from multiple views and angles because I'm probably going to have Mike at Controlled Chaos Arms spice it up a bit after I receive mine.

Thanks!

As in this one?

Or this one?

Both are POF rails. Not sure I've ever heard of GAP making a rail exclusively for their rifles. They've always been POF. I have the first one on a POF but not sure if that's the one you're looking for...?

As in this one?
    Both are POF rails. Not sure I've ever heard of GAP making a rail exclusively for their rifles. They've always been POF. I have the first one on a POF but not sure if that's the one you're looking for...?

Not at all. I mean like the one linked below. Everyone posts pics of the old rail, like the one shown above. I would like to get more than one view of this (a 360 would be really nice).

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...636-gap10-showem-off-pics-18.html#post2901672

IMG_3463_zps5ad1d24d.jpg.html

The rail design is brand new and they're getting ready to ship a BUNCH of them with the new rail. I would give it a couple weeks and they'll start popping up. Jason... Obviously you don't know much about the development of the GAP-10 and you think they're basically a POF, well they're not. Maybe you should try using the search engine yourself before throwing up random POF pics without the slightest clue as to what the OP meant.

Last edited:
    [MENTION=49241]jasonfaz[/MENTION], [MENTION=52175]-Nick-[/MENTION] is right. I'm looking for the new hand guard. GAP no longer uses the one you're showing in their build because of some patent or legal dispute. I don't mind what I've seen from the new design, but pics have been very sparse. I want to see more detail and views of what I'm going to get.

That's it. If you don't mind, would love to see some better pics of this, from different angles and views, when you get a chance.

I wish i could get you better pics, but I traded it a while back. I still had a pic on my phone. It was super comfortable though. I definitely favored it over the older design. I will see if I have anu other pics on my computer.

Why the fuck don't you educate me on how the hell the rail in that pic is any different than what I posted. Clearly I don't know and you've run POF and GAP 10 rigs and would. Go...

Why the fuck don't you educate me on how the hell the rail in that pic is any different than what I posted. Clearly I don't know and you've run POF and GAP 10 rigs and would. Go...

First off the rail is closed off on the lower 1/2 with no slits. Second, POF doesn't even offer the rail GAP is using on their own wares. Last... look at the fucking picture and you can clearly see the difference. And yes... I've used both.

Add: GAP also integrated the QD socket.

It's a fucking POF rail that's just heavier because there's no machining underneath. That's fucking awesome. I want a heavier POS handguard on my already heavy 308. Tell me, why doesn't GAP have the rails on their website for current GAP-10 owners to upgrade to? Cause they get them from POF.

Gee, let's look at the GAP 10 link provided above. What's the last pic posted? It's PatrickChewing's fucking GAP 10. If your looking for something specific, making reference to a 17 page thread with the most recent pics being apparently not what your looking for then I'd suggest that's a bad fucking strategy.

POF's manufacturer makes the GAP 10 rails. Same shit, but apparently heavier. The difference between a GAP and a POF is found within the overall system. Not the handguard.

Btw....without pics, you're full of shit and it didn't happen. So let's see your POF and GAP....I better not see them in the first 10 pages of google images motherfucker...

PatrickChewings GAP 10

My POF

It's a fucking POF rail that's just heavier because there's no machining underneath. That's fucking awesome. I want a heavier POS handguard on my already heavy 308. Tell me, why doesn't GAP have the rails on their website for current GAP-10 owners to upgrade to? Cause they get them from POF.

Gee, let's look at the GAP 10 link provided above. What's the last pic posted? It's PatrickChewing's fucking GAP 10. If your looking for something specific, making reference to a 17 page thread with the most recent pics being apparently not what your looking for then I'd suggest that's a bad fucking strategy.

POF's manufacturer makes the GAP 10 rails. Same shit, but apparently heavier. The difference between a GAP and a POF is found within the overall system. Not the handguard.

Btw....without pics, you're full of shit and it didn't happen. So let's see your POF and GAP....I better not see them in the first 10 pages of google images motherfucker...

PatrickChewings GAP 10

My POF

I never said POF didn't make them I said they don't sell that particular rail on their wares. There's also other differences which if you actually researched and took a moment to fuckin read you'd know, but you just keep running your mouth and throwing up pics of a gun I owned unlike you.

10499460_10204357032911332_7769337754693372963_o.jpg
    -nick--albums-gap-10-picture9960-caption.jpg

Care to continue looking like a retard?

Maybe you should read up too on some of the newer model POFs instead of posting some pic from the 90s. That's classic.... "Oh fuck, I don't know but I'll give it a shot" type of shit. Why don't you post something that shows a tangible difference? Something that maybe....oh I don't know... You actually have. I showed the most recent pic in the thread referenced to what I have. Pics are legit not some google copies. I know for a fact the handguards are the EXACT same dimensionally. I've run them on both.

To OP, go with the lighter one (hint, they're about 3 years newer than our friend above has ever seen). Oh wait, he might have one on his GAP! ?

Maybe you should read up too on some of the newer model POFs instead of posting some pic from the 90s. That's classic.... "Oh fuck, I don't know but I'll give it a shot" type of shit. Why don't you post something that shows a tangible difference? Something that maybe....oh I don't know... You actually have. I showed the most recent pic in the thread referenced to what I have. Pics are legit not some google copies. I know for a fact the handguards are the EXACT same dimensionally. I've run them on both.

To OP, go with the lighter one (hint, they're about 3 years newer than our friend above has ever seen). Oh wait, he might have one on his GAP! 

Lol... I know more about the newer models like the War Hog you posted when you had no clue what the new rail design was. As for the photos you can think what you want, but that POF was taken a couple days ago for a local shop. The image behind it is the dealer banner from Vortex. Feel free to ask George Gardner or Scott Parks if you like... I wonder if you'll call them a liar as well. Idiot...

Congrats on taking a photo of an old rig (but actually taking it a couple days ago). That says something in of itself.

It's the SAME FUCKING THING. I have one on a GAP and a POF. But pics of actual rigs are bullshit so I won't share so you don't get butt hurt. The War Hog handguard will be an available upgrade to all POF owners (and GAP 10 owners btw). Why do you think that is dumb fuck? Because THEYRE THE SAME FUCKING THING!

Would it surprise you that the lone handguard in the pic is off a GAP but thrown on a POF for pics?......

Last edited:
    The POF was last years model, not some 2 decade old. You asked a question and I answered it and even provided the proof for your bitch ass. Now you're trying to find excuses to cover up for the multiple times you've been wrong. Good luck with that... idiot...

Excuses (in this case also known as FACTS) are great when they're fucking spot on. Considering that rail has been out for light years, I can only sip and laugh my ass off.

To OP, buy the lighter M-Rail - as in the rail shown in your referenced thread with latest pic posted 4.13.2014 and be happy with your rig. It'll slide right on your GAP. If you need someone to add some material and fill the machining on the bottom side, let me know, I can certainly help you out. I'd suggest, however, you go the opposite direction and refrain from adding unnecessary weight like -Nick- proposes one should do. For people like that....refer to my signature line....

Excuses (in this case also known as FACTS) are great when they're fucking spot on. Considering that rail has been out for light years, I can only sip and laugh my ass off.

To OP, buy the lighter M-Rail - as in the rail shown in your referenced thread with latest pic posted 4.13.2014 and be happy with your rig. It'll slide right on your GAP. If you need someone to add some material and fill the machining on the bottom side, let me know, I can certainly help you out. I'd suggest, however, you go the opposite direction and refrain from adding unnecessary weight like -Nick- proposes one should do. For people like that....refer to my signature line....

You're a legend in your own mind...

I checked in on this thread to compare the new handguards to the ones on the older GAP10 upper I bought and it appears to have taken the inevitable turn. Whodathunk that GAP handguard design could be so entertaining.

Carry On.

I checked in on this thread to compare the new handguards to the ones on the older GAP10 upper I bought and it appears to have taken the inevitable turn. Whodathunk that GAP handguard design could be so entertaining.

Carry On.

No kidding! H@ly Sh!t is all I can say. Who thought that just asking for a couple of pics could have stirred the pot this much.

GAP's FB page has a whole line of rifles with the new hand guard out for shipment. I guess I'll wait a couple of weeks to see what pops up. If anyone has any to post in the meantime, and restore a little bit of sanity to this thread, by all means ...

I can take more pictures if you like
    Are the side rails part of the hand guard, or are they key mod rail sections added on separately? Can you show me a pic of the underside? I'm interested in knowing what mounting options I have underneath. Thanks!

Are the side rails part of the hand guard, or are they key mod rail sections added on separately? Can you show me a pic of the underside? I'm interested in knowing what mounting options I have underneath. Thanks!

Yes they are a part of it.

Attachments

• image(11).jpg
      image(11).jpg
      15.1 KB · Views: 15
    • image(12).jpg
      image(12).jpg
      16.2 KB · Views: 13
    • image(13).jpg
      image(13).jpg
      9.6 KB · Views: 13
    What a spazz! Dude, go light up... I too am waiting on a GAP-10 and would like to see some more pics. Thanks to those who have posted.

Do the horizontal slots on the hand guard have any functional purpose? It's hard to tell from the pics if they are vent ports, recesses in the metal, or something else. It doesn't look like these slots accept a key mod rail. On the bottom side, is it possible to mount anything besides the bipod (e.g., a hand guard grip)?

How does yours like the xm118lr? Do they barely fit in your mags? Mine doesn't like to cycle those rounds...

Blows primers and doesn't cycle with this lot of ammo.

I had started a post a while back when breaking in and learning the rifle. Start low and work up has worked out well.