• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

First confirmed kill on my new DTA. Called him in on a rabbit distress this morning. I've been on a pretty long slump so I'm glad I finally got one to come out. These eastern dogs are tricky.

imagejpg1_zps926cc0c9.jpg

Last edited:
Got this pup tonight. Called in a double but my buddy couldn't get a shot so sent a 140gr Berger out of my 6.5cm DTA right between the ears

imagejpg2_zpscf8468c1.jpg

Last edited:
I wish the ones out here looked that healthy. This one from on post so they can not be hunted.

eneduvah.jpg
eta4y2ys.jpg

In all my life I've never seen anything more ugly than the yotes on Ft. Irwin. Just about everyone I've ever seen looks as mangy as this one.

No, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time while I was out predator hunting. I've killed many badgers and have yet to actually call one in.

Saw my first badger in Wyoming last week while stalking an antelope through the sage brush - he got to hole pretty quick but was a cool encounter. Also saw an enormous red fox at 350 yards while spotting for mule deer. Haven't got the chance to hunt predators in Wyoming yet, probably won't be able to until I retire there.

There are many reasons to kill coyotes.

The short answer is yes they cause problems for ranchers and cattle farmers. A cattle farmer I know who lives close by with a very small herd lost 3 calves in a month to coyotes, killing his entire year. In the east they've recently moved in and had a huge negative impact on deer fawn survival rates in some areas.

And even if it looks as if some packs are being decimated, there is virtually nothing that hunting does to their overall population. Hunting doesn't even begin to affect their overall numbers. Even locally, more coyotes will move in within weeks and establish themselves when others are killed.

You can read more coyote predation on fawns at Why Deer Hunters Should Be Coyote Hunters | horns and horns. As a deer hunter, you might even feel the desire to kill a few yourself after you read the science showing how negatively they can affect deer herds, especially in places where deer have never had to worry about coyotes.

All outstanding points - but the most important thing is that it's a hell of a lot of fun!

IMG_0072.JPGThis is my first and only Coyote I got last year. I did call one in a couple of weeks ago during our early Black Bear season but but it's not legal to take them until Oct. 1st.

Last edited:

I hate this time of year. We've seen a few coyotes from the combine, but the hides aren't ready yet so I let them walk. About the time they snag a calf this year I'm sure ill be glad I waited on them.

vy7arasy.jpg

dupepymu.jpg

These two are from Sept '14. Both young and healthy looking.

Hoping once we finish harvest I'll have time to do more calling. Now that we are in the fields the yotes are moving around and easily spotted in fields.

Have to beat my personal best of 11 dogs taken in the winter of '12.

Re: Pics to get ya fired up Predator season !!

A few from Last Fall till now
-

See in your pic's you got the O'l trusty green plastic " CIRCI " 3 in 1 call ... LOL
I got a few custom wood hand calls that do great, but I still keep my old plastic CIRCI , and use it regular .

Didn't know we could still post in these old threads, kinda quit hanging out here when it switched to scout.com.

Man you guys out west are spoiled! I wish the coyote population out here in northwest Indiana was better.

Thats a fact. I hunt here in Arkansas and its tough as hell. A normal day out west for some one would be the best day ever for me. This past season my best day was 8 stands 6 coyotes and 2 in the truck. I do get them to show up but when you hunt around cattle and houses and other things that are not supposed to get shot at you have to let some walk.

Here's a few.
b6da3cd22a62b43c689dde241d1beb3a.jpg
e367d162aa471a47aa6bc21bed82b229.png
edd4d7049bfaebd863719d33a03670a5.jpg
f80e3f5499700329c372dd7c79ad41ea.jpg
707c23c4bb41940155b79248d3976a7f.jpg

28 nosler kill
Bobcat with 22nosler
Two dogs with the 22nosler as well. Great round for songdogs especially with 77gn smk fairly fur friendly.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.