• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Pit Bull to a good home Central Florida

SteveH51

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2005
Orlando, Florida
A few months ago my inlaws found this little guy wandering around their place.

DSCN1645.jpg

We've tried to find his owners; posted flyers, craigslist, the local newspapers, drove around several towns and went door to door, you name it and we've tried it, but no luck.

I've already got 4 dogs in a fairly small house, so unfortunately I can't keep him. I need to find a home for him.

DSCN1655.jpg

He's great with kids and other dogs, but doesn't care for cats. He's housebroken and pretty well behaved. We think he's about a year old, so he's still a bit of a puppy in terms of being energetic and wanting to play. He would require someone who could make sure he gets some daily excercise to expend some energy.

DSCN1658.jpg

He's as sweet as can be and is submissive in temperment with my other two pitbulls.

He's had his annual vaccinations and has been dewormed just in case. The white around his eye in these pics was a small wound that has now healed.

DSCN1648.jpg

I'd be willing to drive to meet up with anybody up to 200 miles away from Orlando as long as he's getting a good home.

PM me if you're interested,
Thanks,
Steve

Re: Pit Bull to a good home Central Florida

Make sure you check out who you give him to.
Most people fail to realize that these dogs are about the best "family pet" found.
If the dog is miss treated they adapt to that life style and unfortunately with this bread they are very good at being mean.
It's the owners that train/treat dogs to be mean that that should be gut shot.
mad.gif

We recently aquired another one also.
Our Vet Clinic called us and said they had a 1 year old female that got dropped off there. They had tried for about 8 weeks to find a good home.
They had 2 people interested. First wanted to make sure she did not get fixed. Second wanted her since their other Pit had been shot. WTF over ?

So the wife and I went to check her our and she is now here with us.
IMG_08031.JPG

She is the "gumby" looking one on the left named Jade.
The one on the right is my "shop dog Belle" that my wife brought home for me 2 days after we had to put down our other old female Pit over a year ago.

FWIW,
Stu

Great ics of great dogs. It's nice to see people open their hearts to pets that haven't been given a fair chance at a family. I have a pit-mix that "adopted" me while I was walking my Rotts. He was a youngster, beat to shit and malnourished. He had an abcessed fang tooth that I had removed when he was getting fixed. He is a loving, wonderful dog. He makes everyone's life better when he is around.

Good on you guys.

I'll toast a Guinness to you tonight.

I've got a couple of puppies that I need to find a new home for... kinda hard to even give away mutts though!

Some days is feels like I run an animal shelter because of all of the dogs that pass through there finding new homes.

That is a nice looking pup. We have a house full also but it seems after you go for 2 and get acustom to that 3 or 4 or 5 dosen't seem to make a difference except for the vet bills. When I retire I want a place big enough that will allow me to have as many as I can afford to properly care for.

Double thumbs up for your efforts!!
Looks like a great pup.

Great heart man I love the breed mine is 13 I hope you find a good owner for him.

Thanks everybody for your kind and positive thoughts.

Beautiful dogs Redman, and thanks for the advice.

I'll keep updating here as to his status.

Steve

Cute pup. I hope you find a good home for him. I get so tired of people blaming the breed and not the owners that are either too lazy or just too stupid to own a dog. Cities passing laws for certain "aggressive breeds" are ridiculous too. My wife will watch "Animal Cops" or something like that on the weekends. I caught a few minutes and was so pissed it took me all day to get it out of my mind. The way folks mistreat animals that rely on them for food, shelter, etc. is sickening.

steve, if i was not so far away i would take him in a heart beat. i have 2 wiems and a shitzoo (spelling), but i want a dog that is a lap puppy but also a great guard dog for the kids.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words of encouragement. It's nice to know that there people out there who appreciate this breed as much as we do.

Update: A local lady is coming over tomorrow to have a look at him. She has pit bull experience and has a female who needs a playmate. So far the situation sounds good. Hopefully it'll work out, but just in case, if anyone is interested, has a suitable environment and willingness to make a commitment to a great dog, feel free to PM me and we can discuss it if the current prospective owner doesn't work out.

Ayreshead, I wish you were closer too. He's a very sweet dog, who just wants to be with people. When I sit on our couch, he jumps up and puts his head in my lap, rolling over to have his belly scratched. He's great. And when the mailman showed up today, he let out one hell of a bark. I wouldn't think he'd attack anyone, be he'd be a hell of an alarm to let you know when someone did come around.

Thanks,
Steve

Good luck in finding him a home, Steve.
I took this little girl home with me only to find I can't keep a 'vicious pitbull' where I live. She was not in a good situation and I took her with prejudice...
GetAttachment.jpg

Her name is HONEY and she is just as sweet. I've had bulldogs my whole life and just melted when I saw her...

Too bad my neighbors are a bunch of forkin' ignorant sheeple. They have thier yap yap lap dogs that run wild all over the place and they think that is just great. One of those little rats even bit me, but I let that slide. But no 'pit bulls' are allowed, so my buddy has her for now...

Anyhoo, if anyone is in/around NYC area that could give HONEY a good home, shoot me a PM...

Once you own a bulldog, any other breed just won't do...

Thanks for letting me hijack and again, GOOD LUCK!

She is an absolutely beautiful dog, I would melt too. I hope you find a good home for her. . .or perhaps your situation will change to the point where you can keep her.

I really like the tan and/or rednose colors, one of mine is tan with a white chest marking and feet:

DSCN0023.jpg

I had some POS neighbors a while back that would let their shepard/chow mix and their rottweiler run wild through the neighborhood, yet they called animal services when their unleashed nuisances got into a scuffle with a leashed bully that my neighbor across the street owns and was walking. Hated those morons, glad they're gone. And get this: when they moved out, they left one of their dogs behind. Special place in hell for that sort of people. . .fresh steaming hot feces to eat every morning, hourly anal probing, root canals done with a rusty spoon, etc. I wouldn't waste the urine to piss down their throats if their souls were on fire.

And it's not as if I live in a bad neighborhood, in fact, the opposite. I'm right on the edge of the old money part of town. These people owned a $375K house back when that would really buy you something.

Update:

The lady and her husband came over today and had a look at him, played with him, etc. She was a little unsure and wants to talk it over with her husband. Hopefully it'll work out.

And you're absolutely right, once you've owned a pit bull, there is no going back.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedMan*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make sure you check out who you give him to.
Most people fail to realize that these dogs are about the best "family pet" found.
If the dog is miss treated they adapt to that life style and unfortunately with this bread they are very good at being mean.
It's the owners that train/treat dogs to be mean that that should be gut shot.
mad.gif

We recently aquired another one also.
Our Vet Clinic called us and said they had a 1 year old female that got dropped off there. They had tried for about 8 weeks to find a good home.
They had 2 people interested. First wanted to make sure she did not get fixed. Second wanted her since their other Pit had been shot. WTF over ?

So the wife and I went to check her our and she is now here with us.
IMG_08031.JPG

She is the "gumby" looking one on the left named Jade.
The one on the right is my "shop dog Belle" that my wife brought home for me 2 days after we had to put down our other old female Pit over a year ago.

FWIW,
Stu

</div></div>

Very true words there. I agree 100%. I have owned pitts all my life outstanding dogs very loyal and family oriented dogs. My Grandpa used to say that a dog is only as good as its owner.

Your a good person for taking in the pup. I hope you find a good home for him.

We adopted a Pit found on the street last year. Best, sweetest, dog in the world. It seems like she was born with a "I'm super cute and adorable" gene. The wife just loves her to death. Looks like someone will get a great dog there.

Latest:

The lady and her husband decided they didn't want him. I kind of got the feeling the husband didn't want another dog by the way he acted when they visited, so it wasn't a surprise when she called. I was, however, a little surprised that the woman was almost in tears. I suppose her husband told her not to get the dog. . .I didn't ask.

At any rate, please spread the word that he's still availabe to those whom you know that are worthy of getting a great dog.

Thanks,
Steve903