• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please read. The winner is....

PayPal sent for one ticket. My thoughts and prayers. I can relate as my mother had a stroke. Best of luck on recovery.

Hell yeah, I'm in for B and the Mrs.

Shedhorn, thanks for organizing this. Way to look out.

Catswithguns and others who donated things, you guys are so generous I feel small. You guys are awesome!

Not sure this is the best place to post this but this is my favorite category.

As some of you know Branden with custom gun coatings (AKA short bus) wife Nicole had a stroke last week. She is home and on the road to recovery but sounds like it will be a long hard road. I have been in his shoes and it is not fun. Life as you know it gets flipped upside down. Mom does a lot of work! Then you have the part where a family with two incomes goes to one person working part time. Branden is a great guy and is putting his family first.

So why I am I writing this…. Well I have seen lots of guys on here over the years help people out, give people stuff that they are not using ext. I think this is one of those times we need to step up to the plate and help Branden out. It is hard to ask people for help. I know people can help out in different ways. Money, gift cards, flowers and at the very least send his Wife a get well card.

Maybe a vender will donate some goods and we could do a raffle.

If your interested in helping out and don't have Branden's address you can email me at [email protected] and I will give it to you.

Now have PayPay info for Branden AKA shortbus

Thank you

Can I just donate some money to his paypal. Don't really have much. But I figure a few bucks is better than nothing. Your wife and yourself will be in our prayers here.

Tickets purchased...

Great raffle for a truly great person....

-Blake

PayPal sent. I sent as gift as I was unsure which option was preferred. I can only imagine gift would be appropriate in this situation. I hope the best for Brandon and Nicole.

2 tickets purchased.

Thoughts and prayers for Nicole and Branden, the generosity of this community is truly awesome.

Wow, i'm really thankful for everyone that has put the time into this to get it going, and for Mark Gordon for donating his time, and CatswithGuns, wow. Thank you just isn't enough for donating a entire rifle, if your ever coming through Kansas City, drinks are on us. I meant to post on Saturday when I saw it started, I was busy with a few projects and was just busy running around this weekend with soccer games. I find it ironic that the day this raffle started, it was 4 months to the day since her stroke. Nicole has been writing a blog about everything, what happened, how she felt, and what she still feels. She hasn't sent it live yet, she's gotta sit down and finish it up. I'm trying to get her to sign up on here and say thanks to everyone as well.

Again, thank you guys, Shedhorn, thank you so much for the idea, and putting the idea into motion and coordinating everything.

Branden

tylerw02 PM sent. Thank you.

Headed your way. Made it out to you. Hope that is sufficient. Thanks.

Guys, short-bus is a great guy! Help him all you can! Even if he does want me to let him put ugly Kryptek on my pristinely-scratched, gnarly AX . :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paypal is on its way. Good luck and I wish your wife the speediest and most pleasant recovery!

I would first like to wish his wife a fast recovery. Something like this affects not just the financial part of the house, and the added work for dad, but it mostly affects the children. Kids don't completely understand, and get very worried and scared when they see mom or dad in these conditions. My heart goes out to you and your family, and am very glad to hear she is doing better for the sake of all in your family. Best wishes.

BTW, this is a really easy way to help out someone in need. I know times are tough, but in cases like this if you can squeeze out just a little bit more, please do. This can happen to anyone, and it's nice to know others will help. Let's keep this one rolling on top.

Paypal sent for 2 tickets. Sorry I cant do more. Prayers go out to you and your family Branden.

Just bought 2. Best wishes to ShortBus and his family. I've been following his work for a while and love it! I wish I had something worthy of his work to send to him.

I know this is for a good cause but how does it work? Does OP send you a number for each ticket you buy? Will the winning number be drawn by an online random number generator or just someone picking a number?

I'll be buying some

Thanks

Good question adluginb, I totally trust it but it'd be fun to know and I might have missed it but when't the drawing?

Good question adluginb, I totally trust it but it'd be fun to know and I might have missed it but when't the drawing?

Didn't mean to come across like I didn't trust it just was wondering specifies. My state online forum does raffles like this sometimes and they do an online number generator where everyone can see #'s.

Again thanks everyone for doing this.

Sorry, wasn't saying anyone didn't trust this, to me, and I'm sure all of us, if a brother on the forum is in need of help, you help if you can, as we all do, never know when you yourself might need help!

I know this is for a good cause but how does it work? Does OP send you a number for each ticket you buy? Will the winning number be drawn by an online random number generator or just someone picking a number?

I'll be buying some

Thanks
Thank you for asking. Sorry if I have missed anything this is the first time I have ever done anything like this. I am doing it the old fashion way. As people buy the raffle tickets I am writing their names on raffle tickets. At the end I will make a short video of my 4yr old daughter pulling the lucky winner. As far as length of the raffle I am thinking three or four weeks. We are raffling off a 5k rifle so we need to at least break that number. As of right now we are @ $2300.
At the end of the raffle 100% of ticket sales will go to Branden aka shortbus and his family.
Thank you to all that have helped keep this raffle rolling.

I will have some runner up prizes from Badger Ordnance showing up soon to sweeten up the raffle.

Also two things have been added to the rifle. A TAB sling with fastex buckles and a gift certificate for Badger Ordnance rings. Pics to be posted soon.

Good strategy using your 4 year old daughter to draw. Who could blame a 4 year old...? Lol. I will enjoy seeing that video win or no win. I'm glad I could be part of this.

Out of medical curiosity, why Coumadin? Why not Xarelto? I am assuming that your wife is young with some risk factors. I personally would rather just take a pill and not have to worry about varying doses and checking my inr all the time. But again I know nothing about the case.... Just a random Internet stranger.

I wish you all the best.

Out of medical curiosity, why Coumadin? Why not Xarelto? I am assuming that your wife is young with some risk factors. I personally would rather just take a pill and not have to worry about varying doses and checking my inr all the time. But again I know nothing about the case.... Just a random Internet stranger.

I wish you all the best.

Who knows, doctors get the big bucks so we just do what they tell us. :D She's on a steady diet of Warfarin now. Thank you all again!

Branden

again... I do not know details. But I would maybe ask if she would be a candidate for a medication like Xarelto. you do not have to watch your diet or check your blood work! all you do is take the medicine!!! Coumadin is a PAIN. the only nice thing about it is that it has been around forever and has reversal agents. so if there is a bleed somewhere you can reverse it with a few different things. However Xarelto is not as easily reversed but it is a much nicer and easier medicine to take and manage.

Big bucks... I wish. that was before I became a doctor and it's much worse now that I am an employee and slave to the insurance companies and the government. I don't doctor much rather I do what the insurance companies tell me to and the lawyers.

again... I do not know details. But I would maybe ask if she would be a candidate for a medication like Xarelto. you do not have to watch your diet or check your blood work! all you do is take the medicine!!! Coumadin is a PAIN. the only nice thing about it is that it has been around forever and has reversal agents. so if there is a bleed somewhere you can reverse it with a few different things. However Xarelto is not as easily reversed but it is a much nicer and easier medicine to take and manage.

Big bucks... I wish. that was before I became a doctor and it's much worse now that I am an employee and slave to the insurance companies and the government. I don't doctor much rather I do what the insurance companies tell me to and the lawyers.

We're winding down on the meds at this point since it's been 4 months since the stroke. She only has 2 more months of blood thinners and then she'll be off them. I think the only meds that she'd be ok with continuing is the stuff we call the 'head meds' around the house, they keep the headaches at bay. Since she started those she hasn't gotten anymore headaches, and that is good. She can't stop them cold turkey though, if they want her to stop taking those they have to taper them off, otherwise the side effects are bad I guess.

Branden

I'm in. Best wishes to short-bus's family.
It always amazes me to see this community step up and help someone in need.