• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: PMC .223

I shot about 2,500 rounds of the stuff at a recent carbine class at Blackwater in a P.O.F. 16" carbine.
In fact, it is all they sell on site for 5.56 ammo.
Flawless operation. Uniform and clean.
Only shot out to 150 yd.s (IIRC) since it was a CQB type course, so I can't speak to it's long range accuracy.
Otherwise, no worries.

Shot it at a Tactical Response class. Shoots well through my 16" and 20" ARs

I've put about 800 rounds of it through my AR and it's performed better than wolf ammo. At 100 yards I was able to get consistent .37"->.40" 3 shot groups with it.

i love pmc in all calibers. i hope to try the .308 soon.

I've ran the pmc 168 match .308 through my bolt rifle to 600yrds. It shoots same dope as FGMM ands it's as accurate as I am. I've never had an issue with the .223 either through my Armalite. I've ran there match 223 in my bolt gun also, it shoots very well too.

i have shot hundreds of rounds through my ar with no issues..its really the cheapest brass ammo that i have found.. i have reloaded a little bit with it with good results.

I've used the 7.52x39 PMC Bronze in a Savage bolt gun. Both my bore and the PMC Bronze ammo are .308 diameter.

It shot 1-2MOA at 100yd. I considered that to be acceptabe but nowhere near what I wanted. If you want to reload it, be aware that the primers are crimped.

I got the ammo because it has brass and boxer cases. I am reloading to see if I can find better potential for the rifle. Otherwise I'd simply buy TulAmmio, like I do for my SKS.

BTW, has anyone tried either TulAmmo .223 75gr or Hornady Steel Match .223 75gr, and can you tell me how this stuff might perform?

Greg

Greg,

I use the hornady steel match 223 75g. It seems to be a great value, no performance issues, shoots under .5 moa out to 700 in my ar. black hills, swa, and copper creek at twice the cost will beat it, but not by very much.

Bob

Very good to know. Can anyone add to that, especially regarding the TulAmmo 75gr?

I'm looking at a Stag Arms 6H (24" 1:8" A4 w/heavy SS barrel), and I'm looking for affordable fodder that favors such a barrel config. The TulAmmo would be for 'lesser' applications, provided it's not grossly inacurate.

Greg

I have put close to 1000 rounds of this through both a 16" carbine and a 10.5" SBR and I can't recall a failure. It's shot well, consistent, and decent (at best) for reloading.