• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events PNW / OR / WA club matches?

Ricker

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2017
Live in SW WA and haven't shot any matches since UNSC stopped hosting. Are Lead Farm and Sun Valley the closest / best options? Wondering if there are others not listed in the PRS website? I'm not on social media and can't see the PNW groups. Lead Farm has a match listed next weekend. Are the stages decent for this time of year or will we be rolling in the mud? Anything I should know before signing up?

Rock Lake and Blue Ridge are 4-5 hours away so not optimal considering I'll be a bit rusty.

Also interesting in the NRL-H but it's new to me.

Thanks,

There is also a fun low key match in July put on by the local gun store "STAY CENTER " also in central oregon.

Great Basin Precision Rifle at COSSA Park in Bend, OR hosts monthly regional PRS matches, and is hosting the PRS NW finale this year. They also host an ELR Light Gun series with a finale in September, and points go towards King of 2 Mile / 1 Mile ranking as well. PRS is Saturday and ELR is Sunday so you can hit two matches in one weekend if you wanted to stay. Lunch is provided both days. Both of these matches are usually held on the second weekend minus April and June where there are none scheduled due to the large number of National (2-day) matches in the area scheduled for those months.

There is also an all-prone match on the first weekends starting in April which is a great introductory level match.

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
Live in SW WA and haven't shot any matches since UNSC stopped hosting. Are Lead Farm and Sun Valley the closest / best options? Wondering if there are others not listed in the PRS website? I'm not on social media and can't see the PNW groups. Lead Farm has a match listed next weekend. Are the stages decent for this time of year or will we be rolling in the mud? Anything I should know before signing up?

Rock Lake and Blue Ridge are 4-5 hours away so not optimal considering I'll be a bit rusty.

Thanks,
Lead Farm won't be a mud pit. Rock Lake will definitely be a mud pit. Lots of us live in SW WA and shoot matches at Lead Farm/COSSA/Moxee/Rock Lake/Blue Ridge/etc - some carpool.

A few of us are shooting COSSA this weekend. Lots of space still. Sign up!

Just bring what you have, you'll have fun!

PM if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Here is a calendar with matches in PNW and RM regions. Not mine but I appreciate it.

Match Calendar

Sun Valley Targets in Moxee is probably the closest. I have not shot it but I hear good things about it. If you like to shoot in the wind Cossa, Rock Lake, Lead Farm and Blue Ridge are worth the drive. The club matches are all pretty mellow so if are rusty it is no big deal.

Come on out and shoot some shit.

Cheers!

Lead farm is always an awesome place to shoot and top notch. Moxee is laid back and fun. Rock lake is challenging and fun.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
Rock lake is a good option North of you in St. John. Awesome range with a good director and great lay out.

Last edited:
Are the Lead Farm matches beginner friendly enough for a first timer or should I stick with shooting a Sun Valley or GBPR match? Im not new to long range but never shot a match before.

Are the Lead Farm matches beginner friendly enough for a first timer or should I stick with shooting a Sun Valley or GBPR match? Im not new to long range but never shot a match before.
Very beginner friendly. The Munns put on a good match and yummy lunch.

Very welcoming and friendly. There's plenty of challenge and you might miss some targets or time out, but that's normal for your first match no matter where you go.

I'm getting back into things after a couple years off due to life. Are Nisqually and Wenatchee totally gone?

Thanks,
I wish I had seen this before the match, I'm not on here as much as I used to be. We get all 4 seasons here and sometimes to the extreme. But we have bark/mulch spread around the shooting areas and also use carpet or turf to try to minimize playing in the mud or dust.
We love to have new shooters! Our course of fire is set up so that new shooters (3 or fewer matches) get an additional 30 seconds on their stage times. This helps a ton. We also encourage the squad to help spot and coach if the new shooter wants. We also encourage gear sharing and anything else that helps get new people up and running. The experienced shooters do not get any help while shooting their stage. It's a delicate balance catering to all of the different experience and difficulty levels of each shooter, but we do our best to keep it challenging and fun at the same time for everyone.

Here's the video form this month's match. It got pretty windy which made it a little bit more challenging match than average. We have another match February 19th and would love to have you guys! Send me an email or text if you have questions or concerns about anything.
Spencer Munn
[email protected]
509-832-1032

Wow great reply Mr Munn!!! I’m looking forward to February’s match! Any more matches for the year? I only see January and February

Wow great reply Mr Munn!!! I’m looking forward to February’s match! Any more matches for the year? I only see January and February
Right now we've got dates set for 2/19, 5/7, 6/4 and a national 2 day event 10/7-8. We'll be adding a couple more, just not 100% sure on those dates yet. They will be added to our practiscore page that NiteQwill linked to above, and also on the NW PRS site here: https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/profiles/clubs/NW

Guardian is having a match in Colville (Carl Taylor MD) on May 18-19. Free trainup and some beneficiary Q&A time on Friday the 17th. Please feel free to shoot me an email with any questions [email protected]. (I took over some responsibilities from Gary at the start of this year.)

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
Guardian is having a match in Colville (Carl Taylor MD) on May 18-19. Free trainup and some beneficiary Q&A time on Friday the 17th. Please feel free to shoot me an email with any questions [email protected]. (I took over some responsibilities from Gary at the start of this year.)
great match for a great cause!