• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pork Sword chassis by Black Collar Arms

Muzzle to hinge I get 18.75" ........No muzzle device, measured from end of threads to end of mount on Pork sword. 9" KAK 9X39 barrel

Reactions: reubenski
Pork Excalibur.......26in proof carbon in 6.5cm

Attachments

• 20200511_154859.jpg
    20200511_154859.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 334
  • 20200511_160031.jpg
    20200511_160031.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 309
Didn't see a thread for these new lightweight, minimalist chassis. $300 gets you a chassis for a R700 receiver, which doesn't include the farend (forend) or stock/brace. I am considering pre-ordering one and doing a 12", 6.8 SPC, SBR build. I think it would make a great rifle to carry when cruising around the lease.
https://blackcollararms.com/product/pork-sword/

Here are some of their pictures.

View attachment 7039295
View attachment 7039297
View attachment 7039299
300 bucks with no fore end and no stock. Basically, you get practically nothing. By the time you add a decent stock and fore end you are well north of 800 bucks. There are plenty of good chassis for a lot less.

300 bucks with no fore end and no stock. Basically, you get practically nothing. By the time you add a decent stock and fore end you are well north of 800 bucks. There are plenty of good chassis for a lot less.
But the other chassis' weigh a lot more and are quite a bit larger... The Pork Sword excels at being minimalistic. Those of us that bought it, did so with that in mind. I wanted a fold-up bolt gun in 300Blackout that fits in a backpack.

20200212_171403.jpg

20200212_171509.jpg

But the other chassis' weigh a lot more and are quite a bit larger... The Pork Sword excels at being minimalistic. Those of us that bought it, did so with that in mind. I wanted a fold-up bolt gun in 300Blackout that fits in a backpack.

View attachment 7323475
View attachment 7323474
Whatever floats your boat. Personally, I think it's a waste of money. In your case, it works for a highly specialized firearm. I would have just bought an xp 100 and rebarreled to 300 blk.

Reactions: 308pirate
Whatever floats your boat. Personally, I think it's a waste of money. In your case, it works for a highly specialized firearm. I would have just bought an xp 100 and rebarreled to 300 blk.
I looked at going that route. The xp-100 was more expensive than buying a stripped action and adding the KAK barrel. I have about the cost of the xp-100 as I do in my whole build.

Reactions: ddavis

We actually have quite a few customers who have built legit "handguns" on our chassis, meaning no forward accessory and no brace or stock. Handgun hunters who want to use an R700 action and wanted something even more compact and lighter than an XP100 or some other options and wanted a box magazine-fed system, etc etc. Some added our FARend since it's only 2.6 ounces.

The other design goal was to be as modular as possible. Limiting proprietary attachment systems and avoiding an end-to-end (buttpad to front of the forend) fixed system that can't be changed around. So, it's a Picatinny rail at the rear for attaching pistol braces and shoulder stocks and a Pic rail at the front for attaching forward accessories. Which, yes, right now are only our FARend (Forward Accessory Rod) and we're about to launch our first handguard design in a couple weeks. More handguard options are in the works and we do hope the aftermarket might jump in with other options at some point. Standard Pic rail makes that easy!

FWIW, getting "well north of $800" would be possible with custom Cerakote but generally won't happen, and you can do an end-to-end setup for half that:
  • Chassis: $300
  • FARend: $65 or upcoming Handguard $185
  • our Stock Option: $199.95 fixed mount $299.95 folding mount ...SIG has compatible stocks starting at like $149
  • KAK pistol brace $65 or SB FS1913 $179
Every component we make for the chassis is machined here in Texas from domestic 7075 aluminum. Costs a little more than foreign 6061 but we like the results :)

We actually have quite a few customers who have built legit "handguns" on our chassis, meaning no forward accessory and no brace or stock. Handgun hunters who want to use an R700 action and wanted something even more compact and lighter than an XP100 or some other options and wanted a box magazine-fed system, etc etc. Some added our FARend since it's only 2.6 ounces.

The other design goal was to be as modular as possible. Limiting proprietary attachment systems and avoiding an end-to-end (buttpad to front of the forend) fixed system that can't be changed around. So, it's a Picatinny rail at the rear for attaching pistol braces and shoulder stocks and a Pic rail at the front for attaching forward accessories. Which, yes, right now are only our FARend (Forward Accessory Rod) and we're about to launch our first handguard design in a couple weeks. More handguard options are in the works and we do hope the aftermarket might jump in with other options at some point. Standard Pic rail makes that easy!

FWIW, getting "well north of $800" would be possible with custom Cerakote but generally won't happen, and you can do an end-to-end setup for half that:
  • Chassis: $300
  • FARend: $65 or upcoming Handguard $185
  • our Stock Option: $199.95 fixed mount $299.95 folding mount ...SIG has compatible stocks starting at like $149
  • KAK pistol brace $65 or SB FS1913 $179
Every component we make for the chassis is machined here in Texas from domestic 7075 aluminum. Costs a little more than foreign 6061 but we like the results :)
When will this be available in 700 LA LH configuration?

I have thought about going this route for a .300 blk, might pick up a 8” barrel at some point. Right now the CVA scout takedown fills my .300 sub itch.

Just wanted to post this for any that are curious. Just finished my Pork Sword build from one of the build kits from Black collar arms. The guys there are great to work with and everything is as promised. I ended up going with a 12" 6.5 CM carbon barrel on my own (virgin) Defiance action. The SB tactical folding braces are super backordered, so I put on a spare folding sig brace. Topped it with a Leupold Mark 5 HD and added an Area 419 brake. I'm getting 2414 fps with 140 gn ELD-M and it shoots sub MOA as far as I can shoot on my ranch (500 yds). It stays supersonic well past 1000 yds and has over 1000 ft/lbs of energy out to 550 yds. I love the integrated arca rail and shot the hog pictured off my tripod standing at 450 yds. Dropped it like a sack of potatoes. Gun is a little heavier than I anticipated and is just over 8 lbs with optic. I do like that I can fold it and it fits INSIDE my backpack. Overall, very happy and hats off to Black Collar Arms for a really cool concept.

Attachments

• IMG_3537.jpg
    IMG_3537.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_3538.jpg
    IMG_3538.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_3546.jpg
    IMG_3546.jpg
    746.6 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_3558.jpg
    IMG_3558.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 223
I have been off comms for a while, who offers a carbon fiber blank or pre fit shorter than 16 ? I had trouble finding one a few years ago. One of these would be fun with a titanium action and a lightweight bbl.

I have been off comms for a while, who offers a carbon fiber blank or pre fit shorter than 16 ? I had trouble finding one a few years ago. One of these would be fun with a titanium action and a lightweight bbl.
Black Collar Arms gets theirs from X-Caliber.

Thanks, that Is encouraging news. I saw that x-caliber offered proof CF blanks, I just didn’t have luck sourcing a shorter than 16” blank previously.

ANyone else rocking a pork sword Rifle, looking to build one for my next hunting rifle. 18-20 inch barrel.
Would love to see some photos.

Is anyone unimpressed with Black Colla Arms slow rollout of a stock? They seem to keep missing their expected release dates. Atleast it seems more companies are entering the small chassis market such as JTAC and MDT.

Reactions: Mugsy9010
They’re definitely slow on builds and stock.. but happy with my 10 inch pork sword... and stroke it often

Attachments

• 89802163-589F-4EB8-A220-6473631596A5.jpeg
    89802163-589F-4EB8-A220-6473631596A5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 131
Cool chassis philosophy, nice to have something a bit different out there.
Looking forward to the Beef Curtains carrying case to slip it into...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lonely Raven
So I’ve been kicking around building a 18” rifle using a lightweight folding chassis, after looking at the options it kind of boils down to the MPA Ultra Lite or the pork sword with a stock as both the Jtac and the MDT look to be over 3 pounds.

XLR is less than 2. Just finished a mountain hunting gun based on a Tikka lite.

Any more word on these cut for Tikka? Been almost 2 years.

So I’ve been kicking around building a 18” rifle using a lightweight folding chassis, after looking at the options it kind of boils down to the MPA Ultra Lite or the pork sword with a stock as both the Jtac and the MDT look to be over 3 pounds.
They is also Indian creek.
what are your thoughts on the Jtac visually.
idk I want to like it, something is just off to me I can’t put my thumb on it.

They is also Indian creek.
Yeah the MPA and the MDT look the best to me but they are both heavier than the pork sword by .5 and 1 pounds respectively.

FTR I have a 700 w/ 14.5 pinned barrel, 308 in a JTAC chassis. I’ve put some miles on it and it’s a very nice chassis. The sliding stock is very solid and plenty adjustable. I really wanted a pork sword but they just didn’t have all the features I needed... like a folding or collapsible rifle stock, or a long rail up front. Pork Sword rail design is better than JTAC in some regards because it’s square with integrated ARCA, it’s just not long enough. The JTAC rail is a bit more rounded, so it’s a lot easier on the hands to carry in the field. And let’s face it, that’s what most folks are looking for. Wasn’t hard to bolt on an ARCA rail on the bottom.

FTR I have a 700 w/ 14.5 pinned barrel, 308 in a JTAC chassis. I’ve put some miles on it and it’s a very nice chassis. The sliding stock is very solid and plenty adjustable. I really wanted a pork sword but they just didn’t have all the features I needed... like a folding or collapsible rifle stock, or a long rail up front. Pork Sword rail design is better than JTAC in some regards because it’s square with integrated ARCA, it’s just not long enough. The JTAC rail is a bit more rounded, so it’s a lot easier on the hands to carry in the field. And let’s face it, that’s what most folks are looking for. Wasn’t hard to bolt on an ARCA rail on the bottom.

What is the weight on the JTAC?

Big thing I hate on the Pork Sword is the damn 1913 rail in the back for buttstock attachment.
It really all just depends on your use case. I see the advantages because there’s a lot of existing stocks out there and it’s a little more elegant than the buffer tube interface. I just couldn’t find anything that had the range of adjustability that I needed.

I do understand this type of chassis is supposed to be minimalistic and lightweight. So there will be compromises, up to you to decide. For me, the JTAC sliding collapsible stock checked more boxes. Almost as short as a side folder, locks up rock solid, and plenty of cheek and LOP adjustment range. I’m fine if it costs me an extra pound.

I hear ya. I had the sig folding adapter (1913 to buffer) on mine for a while but it hung too low and interfered with the grip. Changed it to a Thordsen adapter that I modified a bit and a SB folder adapter. Doesn’t interfere with the grip anymore but can’t pull the bolt out to clean (have to fully remove the whole attachment)... might just need to get the SB 1913 brace for easiness... not a fan of it though

if you zoom in on the pic you can see how I cut the Thordsen adapter and modified it a bit

Attachments

• 7CF06F28-ABA9-42B3-8DB4-D25955132737.jpeg
    7CF06F28-ABA9-42B3-8DB4-D25955132737.jpeg
    522 KB · Views: 411