• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

Reactions: Mwalex
Las Vegas Spooked By Rare Sight In The Sky

People in Las Vegas shared photos of a mushroom-shaped cloud billowing on the horizon on Sunday, with some joking that it reminded them of nuclear tests — one of Sin City’s tourist attractions in the 1950s.

The unnerving sight was apparently made more eerie by rays of the setting sun coloring the cloud various shades of orange.

View attachment 7970281

In 1983 my wife and I were living in Amargosa Valley west of Las Vegas. As I was driving into work for graveyard shift, 11:00pm or so, there was a glow from the east over the mountains. As I kept heading south it kept getting brighter.

Many here likely don't remember, or weren't alive yet, but these were the days of Ronnie, Gorby, Star Wars defense, Cold war, etc. Test site was just a few miles to the north. Nuke tests were common. Kept driving wondering what was going on.

This glow got brighter and brighter, to the point that it took over the eastern sky. As I drove on the only thing that made sense at the time was they had nuked Vegas, about 90 miles away. My mind was a blank. I knew I had to get back to my wife, gather up things and head somewhere. I'm trying to think of just what to gather up and where to go. We lived in the desert, life in the bush is tough in the best circumstances. And this was looking really bad.

As I was cross ways in the road turning around to get back home there was a low spot in the mountains to the east. And I could see the massive glow of a full moon coming up, the light reflecting off of the clouds.

The majority reading this will laugh, call me gullible, stupid, etc. But you weren't there. At that point in my life I was 100% sure we were in a nuclear war. I had no plan, no provisions, no place to go, nothing.

I will never forget those few minutes. The feeling of absolute terror is something never forgotten.

May we never get to that point.

Thank you,
MrSmith

1664946080945.png

I think the tattle tale limit went from $10K to $5K and most recently $600.00, didn't it ? :unsure:

I want to say it was $6k, but don't remember for the life of me, I do have a story about this.

Story time:

I remember years ago when my cousin got her first car. My uncle had an issue with the dealer and decided to pay them in $1 bills. I am going to guess back then a new car was roughly $10k.

He pays the money they take the car and go home. About a week later they call my uncle wanting him to come in and sign some paperwork saying where the cash came from. Turns out they can not deposit it till they have this done. My uncle tells them he is out of town starting tomorrow and it will be the end of the month before he is back in town. He actually was out of town. He does not call them when he gets back, they call him. Ahh can you come in, no I am busy. We need you to sign this, ok...........well when can you come in, I am not coming in, you want it signed you come to me......ahh I don't know if we can do that.....then you don't know if you are going to get it signed.

In the end they come to him and he signs it.

I don't remember what pissed him off, but do remember the story.

Probably an "oops". Lets hope so. After all, Kamala has a great alliance with North Korea.
It seems a missile launch gone kaboom

Reactions: Gee Kay