• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

SL6HL1hB.jpeg

One of our tenants didn't pay rent for months. They didn't answer our contact attempts nor did they make any attempt to contact us. The moratorium didn't allow us to evict them. But it came down and we told them to pay up or vacate. They tried the "We'll get COVID money and pay you!" tact but kept ignoring contact attempts and kept brushing us off with empty promises.

So our lawyer has sued them for the rent and told them to pay up or GTFO. They're trying to countersue for... something. Possibly that we "didn't maintain the property" and are forcing them to leave when they have nowhere to go or whatever shit. Our lawyer has basically said they have no case because A. they didn't pay, B. they still haven't paid, and C. since they made no attempts to get into contact with us until the last second and never said a thing about the property not being maintained AND never paid rent for the maintaining of said property, they're pulling that out of their asses.

We've had long-term tenants who've never failed to pay rent and always let us know if there's an issue and always do it promptly and make sure we hear about it. Makes me ill that some dipshits are forcing us to go to court for their own shortcomings.

Was wondering if you are stuck with your deadbeat tenant as of this evening or if you are able to proceed with the eviction.

Reactions: whiskeytower
Was wondering if you are stuck with your deadbeat tenant as of this evening or if you are able to proceed with the eviction.
You mean in light of the further eviction ban? I have no idea. At the moment, the hearing is set for Thursday, so we'll find out then, I guess.

But the eviction was sent BEFORE the new ban and they still haven't paid. They're officially squatting and trespassing AFAIC.

Reactions: KZP
Didn't somebody here disable the ac unit?
I thought the ban expired?
I'd hate to deal with tenets that go crazy damage before vacating. Glad I dumped my rental a few years ago.

Didn't somebody here disable the ac unit?
I thought the ban expired?
I'd hate to deal with tenets that go crazy damage before vacating. Glad I dumped my rental a few years ago.
The ban did expire and the eviction was sent before it was renewed. So in theory it should be honored the same way shit gets grandfathered i.e., "it was legal at the time". At the very least the judge might still tell them to pay the hell up since we can't take care of the property without their rent money and none of our other tenants, even the one with recurring kidney stones, stopped paying rent during the pandemic, so what's their excuse?

It takes a lot of work to evict a tenant. There was a report of a guy in NYC who hadn't paid his rent for decades and the owner still cannot evict him.

An eviction notice is but the first step in getting the deadbeat out of your house. Even in the best case, removing them is still months away if they want to fight the eviction.

It's not fair to the owner, but fairness isn't built into most evictions.

I read a story about a guy that refuses to pay rent under the CDC mandate. He actually isn't living in the house. He sublet it to someone else. They are paying him the rent but he's not paying to the land owner.
The ban did expire and the eviction was sent before it was renewed. So in theory it should be honored the same way shit gets grandfathered i.e., "it was legal at the time". At the very least the judge might still tell them to pay the hell up since we can't take care of the property without their rent money and none of our other tenants, even the one with recurring kidney stones, stopped paying rent during the pandemic, so what's their excuse?

Wait I thought vaccines were to save life....how....does....his.....use....of....."vaccines"......lower life by 10-15%?

Unless........

Hate his voice.
You and me both. He looks like he needs a punch in the face.

Is it just my area of the country but is anyone else seeing a ton of Covid commercials? Most are from the CDC but others are from something called #VaccineAmerica.
Yep I have seen a huge uptick...programming...

I read a story about a guy that refuses to pay rent under the CDC mandate. He actually isn't living in the house. He sublet it to someone else. They are paying him the rent but he's not paying to the land owner.
Our issue also happens to coincide with their lease running out, so maybe we can just not renew their lease on the basis of them being untrustworthy tenants. No lease, they're trespassing... Change the locks, have their stuff removed... This whole thing is a damned fustercluck.

Yep I have seen a huge uptick...programming...
And now they say "you cannot catch COVID from the shot" - that seems new to me. I usually mute commercials but I caught that last night.

Turn off your TV.

I keep it on and listen to the different news channels while I'm on the computer or working around the house. Yes, I listen to all of the channels. You will never know your enemy as well as when you listen to their side of the news.

Our issue also happens to coincide with their lease running out, so maybe we can just not renew their lease on the basis of them being untrustworthy tenants. No lease, they're trespassing... Change the locks, have their stuff removed... This whole thing is a damned fustercluck.
Don't y'all have gators down there?

• Haha
Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
I talked about this a year or so ago but recently got back into looking into it. Nicotine may be a preventative for COVID or may assist in mitigating the body’s overreaction to it. Nobody I know of is reporting on this but papers are being written about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10ring'r
I dip and smoke. Got changflu at least once. Also, can confirm beer doesn't prevent changflu.
Just throwing out the data I am seeing that I found interesting on this topic. However, in the second paper submitted (on PUBMED.gov, no less) the dude caught covid and was admitted to the hospital. It was postulated that his use of nicotine patches is what may have prevented the cytokine storm, and highly likely, his death.

May not be a perfect solution, but the vaccines aren't either evidently. And you can stop nicotine at some point, should you choose. It appears that the nicotine is binding to the same receptors the virus is using and blocking it so some degree. Obviously nicotine load and the viral load both play a role.

I can also confirm that a handle of cheap vodka does nothing for it. But I slept well. So that's beer and vodka, If I catch it again I'm going for R&R whiskey, that shit has to be toxic.

Last edited:
I smoked many years ago. Never again. (Does not help that I have since become allergic to cigarette smoke)

The only thing nicotine cures is life. (IOW a nasty way to commit slow suicide) I‘ll stick with my three current addictions, water, good food and caffeine.

Reactions: Frank Warren
I smoked many years ago. Never again. (Does not help that I have since become allergic to cigarette smoke)

The only thing nicotine cures is life. (IOW a nasty way to commit slow suicide) I‘ll stick with my three current addictions, water, good food and caffeine.
Well, shit. Thanks for the new rabbit hole for me to go down...

Regarding this A&M study, purified theobromine is commercially available as a nootropic. Its also present in tea.

Pubmed comes through again. WARS is their acronym for covid in this paper,
"Unexpectedly, we found that caffeine can fight WARS by acting on multiple organs, which may lead to prevent the virus from entering the cell, stimulate the phagocytosis of macrophages, enhance breathing, and inhibit the cytokine storm. Thus, the immunoprotective effects of caffeine can improve the therapeutic outcomes in patients infected with coronavirus. Collectively, we report that caffeine, an FDA-approved, highly safe, inexpensive, and widely available drug, could be an excellent HDT for battling WARS."

Last edited:
Well, shit. Thanks for the new rabbit hole for me to go down...

I'm good then. My company is fueled by coffee, even when WFH :).

Reactions: memyselfi
Is it just my area of the country but is anyone else seeing a ton of Covid commercials? Most are from the CDC but others are from something called #VaccineAmerica.
Because we need them, because so many people are dying and the streets are littered with dead. I've stated this in the past. If this were a true pandemic no one would need nurses dancing in tik to videos or 24/7 commercials to go get a "vaccine"...just saying.

Doc

I think the rent thing is part of the whole you wont own anything by 2030. If a land owner cant pay his mortgage, then the bank takes the house and land.

Just my .02 worth

Doc

Because we need them, because so many people are dying and the streets are littered with dead. I've stated this in the past. If this were a true pandemic no one would need nurses dancing in tik to videos or 24/7 commercials to go get a "vaccine"...just saying.

Doc
Yup. Said it another thread: with all the illegals coming through the border with coivd we should see them dying everywhere on the border and elsewhere in the US. Nothing.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
I'd like to know the logic behind withholding 99%. I understand holding back between 40%-60%. Is it because they are worried there will be a cover-up of the cover-up? Because the longer we go on, people are just not giving as shit. They're now worried about other things, like what flavor of "coke" they're going to buy, what car they'll buy (I mean lease) with their child tax credits, etc. VERY few people I think, % wise are truly pissed off. They may WTFU when inflation gets to 10% and interest rates start skyrocketing.

Reactions: Bender

if you are a landlord and you dont have a "no sublet" clause in your rental contract, then you meth'd up.

This promises to get all kinds of fun.

Como refuses to accept responsibility for being a serial groper and molester of women, he also refuses to give up power peacefully and is now trying to say, that it's fine if he does it and he shouldn't face any punishment or have to give up power.

Because.......

Hey Joe Biden does it to.....

I'm pretty sure this is going to go toxic really quick.

He let his nipple rings get the best of him, they must be magnetic .

This promises to get all kinds of fun.

Como refuses to accept responsibility for being a serial groper and molester of women, he also refuses to give up power peacefully and is now trying to say, that it's fine if he does it and he shouldn't face any punishment or have to give up power.

Because.......

Hey Joe Biden does it to.....

I'm pretty sure this is going to go toxic really quick.

i hope as Cuomo struggles in the water, he starts dragging Joe down with him. its going to get spicy and it will signal how desperate Cuomo is if he says "Tara Reade" out loud. All hell will break loose at that point.

I'd like to know the logic behind withholding 99%. I understand holding back between 40%-60%. Is it because they are worried there will be a cover-up of the cover-up? Because the longer we go on, people are just not giving as shit. They're now worried about other things, like what flavor of "coke" they're going to buy, what car they'll buy (I mean lease) with their child tax credits, etc. VERY few people I think, % wise are truly pissed off. They may WTFU when inflation gets to 10% and interest rates start skyrocketing.

Logic? To get more clicks and traffic is my answer.

We're way past the "i need to protect the data for (insert secret squirrel reason here)"

Open source data dump that shit and let the market of ideas decide if its worth our fucking time.

Reactions: BytorJr