• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Poser who didn't need to lie: Mike Lamb of Stoic Ventures

Redmanss

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2010
Northeast Wyoming
Just shaking my head again at yet another who falsified their background for monetary gain. It's interesting how this one slipped through the cracks for so long and so visible, but they're always found out in the end because the circles are small and always quick to throw the bullshit flag. Why they just can't be proud of what they did is beyond me, instead there always seems to be those who have to claim more to fill their pockets.

Mike Lamb had an admirable career, worked some real cool shit, and was both enlisted and an officer. Not good enough though, had to also say he was a Force Recon Marine and sniper, which was never the case. Now he's cooked both personally and professionally, business being folded, and will carry a ripple effect through his family, business associates, and other sponsors. This is not a fucking game, and it's damn sure not a victimless crime.

By the way, he didn't "come clean", he was caught and given the opportunity to publicly out himself before it was done for him. The author was playing nice with the title, but it certainly doesn't apply here.

​​​​​​http://www.breachbangclear.com/mike-lamb-comes-clean/

Last edited:
I saw your comment regarding him in the thread asking about shooting schools in California. I figured Magpul would've done a better job of vetting future employees if he really was one of the guys who started Magpul Dynamics.

I rarely comment on here but this bugs me. I didn't know of him that well before. His name rung a bell but didn't put it together until this all hit the fan. All this said, this bugs me because I already have severe trust issues with people believing what they say in this community. When its someone that is in the public eye and for years and this never to be public until now makes me wonder how much other info is based on lies.

The rumor is he was pin pointed by many in the "know" which forced this "coming clean" attitude. I guess its been rumored all this was fraud for awhile just didn't make the airwaves. Haven't seen it with my own eyes but was going on for days is what I've heard. Probably giving him time to finally do the right thing, yet, this wasn't on his own choice as this article makes it seem. It was "come clean" or we'll spill it for ya type thing is the vibe I've gotten from many others. Time will tell. I'm sure where is plenty of proof that is coming out in the next few days one way or the other.

Yeah, but some of us though don't have accurate DD214's... I'm missing at least 3 awards, one full rank, and mention of being cadre at the AICSC/SBAiSC is vacant because technically it didn't exist. Getting your DD214 unfucked is a lifetime endeavor. I'm supposed to have full army retirement too, which isn't in there yet is worth fighting for...

Take some of this shit with a grain of salt... Trust but verify. I have army buddies that can tell my story for me, backup my bullshit, does this guy? I hate the stolen honor almost as much as I hate forgotten honor.

Reactions: ohiofarmer
this shit is rampent. in more ways than a guy knows. even my own sweet dad is guilty, guilty, guilty.

amazingly, even the guys i served with are guilty.... in a way. motherfuckers would do ANYTHING to get scratched from a jump... all these years later, you talk to them, and every single fucking one of them loves to tell about how much they miss it and how much they loved it. i have no bones telling anyone that i HATED it then, and i most definately DO NOT miss doing it. i'm proud of what i did, but i wont sit and pretend like it was fun and like i miss doing it. that shit is PAINFULL...and i feel the effects everyday of my life.

i rarely talk to anyone about service related stuff, because 90% of the people out there lie and twist what they did. fuck it, i have no need to talk to those people. i dont give a fuck if you were/are a fucking SPOON, just be proud of your service and do not lie about it. a guy could be proud of whatever he did in the service, so long as ya dont lie about it.

this shit is rampent. in more ways than a guy knows. even my own sweet dad is guilty, guilty, guilty.

amazingly, even the guys i served with are guilty.... in a way. motherfuckers would do ANYTHING to get scratched from a jump... all these years later, you talk to them, and every single fucking one of them loves to tell about how much they miss it and how much they loved it. i have no bones telling anyone that i HATED it then, and i most definately DO NOT miss doing it. i'm proud of what i did, but i wont sit and pretend like it was fun and like i miss doing it. that shit is PAINFULL...and i feel the effects everyday of my life.

i rarely talk to anyone about service related stuff, because 90% of the people out there lie and twist what they did. fuck it, i have no need to talk to those people. i dont give a fuck if you were/are a fucking SPOON, just be proud of your service and do not lie about it. a guy could be proud of whatever he did in the service, so long as ya dont lie about it.

That is one of the best posts ever.

Much of this has been known to some for years, pieces of the puzzle that wasn't until now put together, no idea on what happened with MagPul other than third hand info, but many will take an individual at face value until given reason to doubt otherwise and many positions do not require hard vetting, so none is asked for. I've had to provide my certs for work, but .gov contracting is a different animal than getting hired on with MagPul back in its infancy. That's a job I dream of having, but I'm neither as sexy nor cool as Caylen (whom is very legit and a good MF, BTW). In any case, it's obvious M. Lamb was a hell of a salesman, he's been selling his bullshit for years.

I'm not going into details on how it all came about, I only watched from the sidelines anyhow, but onlyhedge has a good azimuth.

Stryker, I completely agree on the incorrect 214 info being a pain in the ass, and it's not like those list specific billets or units anyhow unlike a training or assignment record does. This is not the case with this one. Surprising how he really lived the lie in the public eye, gives a black mark on everyone high-vis in the firearms industry in a way.

In the end, just a damn shame.

the lying is rampant, dont know to what degree? go sit at the VA...
it wil make you sick...
fry this guy...

Much of this has been known to some for years, pieces of the puzzle that wasn't until now put together, no idea on what happened with MagPul other than third hand info, but many will take an individual at face value until given reason to doubt otherwise and many positions do not require hard vetting, so none is asked for. I've had to provide my certs for work, but .gov contracting is a different animal than getting hired on with MagPul back in its infancy. That's a job I dream of having, but I'm neither as sexy nor cool as Caylen (whom is very legit and a good MF, BTW). In any case, it's obvious M. Lamb was a hell of a salesman, he's been selling his bullshit for years.

I'm not going into details on how it all came about, I only watched from the sidelines anyhow, but onlyhedge has a good azimuth.

Stryker, I completely agree on the incorrect 214 info being a pain in the ass, and it's not like those list specific billets or units anyhow unlike a training or assignment record does. This is not the case with this one. Surprising how he really lived the lie in the public eye, gives a black mark on everyone high-vis in the firearms industry in a way.

In the end, just a damn shame.

Travis Haley fired him from Magpul. His words:

Short answer: He's a POS, and I fired him from Magpul because something was not right with his background and work ethic. He needs to pay the piper for making money off of others blood sweat and tears.

ive never really understood the need to lie about military background....especially among trainers.

i mean, i know some spec-ops guys....and dont get me wrong, they are damn good shooters........but they dont have some jedi-level shooting ability.......they shoot about as well as most mid-level competitive shooters, at least the guys ive met.

i mean i suppose there are all those joe-blows out there who want to be trained by "navy seal force recon master chief".....because they think the quality of training will be better.....but ide like to think most people would focus on the persons training pedigree and teaching style rather than their military service.

Speaking of Jedi level shooting ability does anyone know what the skinny is on why Nick Irving didn't last long at Rifles Only ??

Yeah, but some of us though don't have accurate DD214's... I'm missing at least 3 awards, one full rank, and mention of being cadre at the AICSC/SBAiSC is vacant because technically it didn't exist. Getting your DD214 unfucked is a lifetime endeavor. I'm supposed to have full army retirement too, which isn't in there yet is worth fighting for...

Take some of this shit with a grain of salt... Trust but verify. I have army buddies that can tell my story for me, backup my bullshit, does this guy? I hate the stolen honor almost as much as I hate forgotten honor.

Really don't have a lot to say on the subject due to what's already been said. It's pathetic and I can't believe it went on as long as it did. Just wow.

Strykervet, have you gone the DD215 route yet? My DD214 isn't complete either, but the gedunk service awards missing aren't gonna increase my paycheck so I'm good with it.

Steve Reichart is the same thing... he lies about being a Marine Sniper vs being a Marine that sniped and earned his crossed clown shoes in the process. He is PNG with the Scout Sniper Association. the hit jobs on him are super funny.

The loophole these guys try to exploit is letting people say stuff for them, and then never correcting the record. Instead that becomes their shield, "I never said that" but they never corrected it either.

Steve has made a very similar living blatantly lying about being a Sniper and just avoiding anyone who calls him on it.

With Steve Reichert on your team, you will see results. Steve brings a group of experts from various field from NASA P.H.Ds to award winning photographers and movie producers

I heard he was fired from MagPul, didn't know it was TH that did it. I haven't seen if he weighed in publicly about the recent turn of events, although I'm sure he has better things to do than bring that drama into his plan of the day.

While this is somewhat true, that's not an excuse, especially for what he was claiming. His MOS would be different, that's not something that's easily fucked up on your 214. You aren't a certified sniper in Force Recon without having it on your 214, it's that simple.

I'm missing completing the Designated Marksman Course and Pre-Ranger Course on my 214, so I know how difficult it can be to have it added. However, those are much lesser than not having my MOS updated if I was a sniper graduate (having B4 added to my MOS).

Especially if I was about to be making money off of the credentials I listed, I would not list those that have to "have buddies support it". You either have it or you don't, and something like Force Recon Sniper is not something that gets fucked up on your 214.

maybe a stupid question..............
why would someone go airborne then try to get scratched from a jump?

maybe a stupid question..............
why would someone go airborne then try to get scratched from a jump?

Haha, you go for glory and jump pay. You might want to get scratched because of pain and fear.

Travis Haley put up a post on Soldier System Daily really spilling the dirt on Lamb.

I find it extremely hard to believe no one in Magpul or anyone else in the industry caught on to his lies. The dude was a pog, he wasn't even fuckin infantry so it wouldn't take much to tell he was full of shit just on basic conversations regarding his service. Reflects quite poorly on Magpul and anyone else associated with him. Did they know or have suspicions but looked the other way because they were pleased with his results? Doesn't add up.

I'd be pissed if I paid money to a fraud. Wonder if there are any legal courses those that attended his course could take.

lots of reasons.....#1 being it's painful. VERY painful.....at least if you are combat arms. the pogues would do their jumps with no equipment...and i had two of those jumps....first and second in jump school.
but if you carry an infantryman's combat load, two parachutes, and everything else a grunt carries and that all pulls down onto the riser release....a flat piece of metal that sits directly on your collarbone. if i ever could meet the guy that designed that POS harness, i'd kick him in the nuts and then smash his fucking teeth out....and maybe a stone-cold-stunner to top it all off.

i hated jumping. that shit sucked. i never pretended to like it. and i have no problem saying it. but...i NEVER tried to weasel out of a jump, or anything else i was asked/told to do.

and yes...while it sucked....it doesnt suck as bad as being a dirty....NASTY.....leg. ;)