• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Possible Charity Shoot

427Cobra

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
  • Nov 24, 2005
    DFW Texas
    A good friend of Nesikabay child is in the hospital, in these tuff economic times we are thinking about a 600 yard balloon shoot at our private range in Nocona Texas, there will be a prize table, but all money will go toward the mounting medical bills. We are thinking about having this next month, hopefully the weather will cooperate, please lets us know if this is something you would like to do.

Re: Possible Charity Shoot

I'll try and make it
    should be able to drag a few okies with me

Get me some info and I'll get some stuff for
    the prize table. Id love to be there but I don't think will work out

If my rigs are ready and i get a ride with Wil,Shaggy etc
    sure
    Need to make up for last years lack of trigger time
    Wots $$

a little update. I got a hold of BAT they will be supplying an action as a prize. I talk to Manners and a few others looks like we will have some nice stuff to shoot for. My gunsmith Dave Bruno has give us a blueprint and thread and chamber job.There will be more. Cheese and badger ord. and Us Optics have donated prizes. also Seekins and Bartlien barrels.In case yall have not notice by now my typing skills suck. But 100% of what we raise goes to the family

Nesikabay,
    Pleasure talking with you sir.
    We would be very glad to help out and get some gear to the prize table.
    Happy New Year and God bless sir.

Nocona's just a short drive for me, if it is the weekend before T.V. I should be able to make it. When you figure it out send me the sign-up info.

Depending on the date I'm sure 3 or 4 of us from LA can make it. I like helping out people in need and no one needs help more than someone with a sick kid.

We are working on a date to have it. Right now unless you have a 4WD you cant get into the range. We are hoping for the 2nd or 3rd sunday in Febuary if the weather allows

I'm in. just waiting on the details

I will shoot Rat30 a PM on this charity. He should be able to drag a few other shooters with him. If I still lived in Texas, I would be there for sure!!

DK

I'd love to make it. The third weekend in Feb. would work best for me, but will do my best to make it, regardless.

Please keep us updated.

Just saw this, If there is anyway I can make it I'm in. I'll shuttle people back in forth to the line, not my fault it your scope is off when you get there :) Any date ideas yet, and can I bring the little man?

The match is a go.Its set for Febuary 21 with a start time of 8am.There will be 2 classes to shoot in custom and factory rifles. Wehave a flyer out but idont know how to post it on here. If there is someone who can i can email it to you if you could post it for me. The cost is $100 per shooter. We will be shooting clays,eggs and steel at 250 and 400 yards. Bring at least 50 rounds of ammo. There will be a chance to sight in at 250 yards. When we move to 400 there will not be a sight in period. But there will be a target if you want to use it. But if you do you will have to use rounds that you would be using for score. I know i have left alot out just call me if you want to 940-366-1669. If i can get the flyer posted that will help. We are limited to 60 shooters on this. So if you want to shoot call me or PM me to sighn up. So far here is who we have as sponsers. Bat machine,Surgeon rifles,Us Optics,Manners stocks,Phoenix Tact. JW Precision,Bartlien barrels,Seekins Precision,CDI Precision,D.B.Supply,Mike Rock,Mark Farr of Tumbleweed rifles,Storm Tactical. I will be adding more.I also have gunsmiths Dave Bruno and Richard King donating Barrel work and Bueprinting work. So if you want in call or PM me

Charity Shoot Event

The Benefit for Chance Lucas son of fellow shooter Kent Lucas

Thanks go out to these great Sponsers: Bat Machine, Bartlien Barrels, Manners Stocks, Surgeon Actions, D&B Supply, U.S.Optics
    <span style="text-decoration: underline">Date:</span> Sunday, February 21, 2010
    Spanish Fort, Texas Spanish Fort- 17 miles North of Nocona, Texas on FM103 to Bonnie Mitchell Road South 2 miles then follow signs.
    Signup 8:00- 9:00 am. $100.00 Entry Fee. Shooters meeting and match to follow.
    Prizes will be awarded to the top shooters in both classes.
    Please reserve your spot so we can have enough targets on hand. Let us know if you are sharing a gun or a bench with someone. Additional information contact: Leslie Jones (940) 366-1669

General Rules
    1. Four relays 10 rds. per relay with exception of relay #2 will be 5 rds.
    2. Targets will be at 250 yards for relays 1 & 2 . Targets will be at 400 yards for relays 3 & 4.
    3. Relay 1 - shooter will fire 10 rounds into target for score in 5 minutes.
    Relay 2 - shooter will fire 5 rounds at multiple eggs in 2 minutes with spotter.
    Relay 3 - shooter will have 10 rounds to fire at 7 steel targets rounds left over after all steel are hit will count as hits. Targets graduate from 16” to 2” in diameter. With 5 minute time limit.
    Relay 4 - shooter will have 10 rounds to fire at 10 large clays. With 5 minute time limit.
    Relay 1 points will be as per target score.
    Relays 2, 3 & 4 all hits are worth – 10 points
    There will be(1) 60mm orange dot on white paper below targets at each shooting position at both yardages for sighters.
    4. Shooters will be allowed, per relay 10 rounds (except 5 rounds relay #2) at your position and a time limit to shoot them. Any sighters will be out of those rounds.
    5. You will be allowed 5 minutes prior to the first relay to sight your gun with unlimited rounds.
    6. You will need 35 rounds for the match plus sighters and 1 extra for a tie breaker if needed.
    7. Most points at the end of the day wins.
    8. Ties will be broken by following method; each shooter will be allowed 1 shot at 250 yards. The closest to the center wins.
    9. Range officer and scorekeeper will have final say in scoring.
    10. Shooters will provide their own bench, rest, bags, mats etc. 3 shooters per bench maximum.
    11. No loaded guns allowed except on the line when line is hot. Actions shall be open at all times.
    12. No alcohol during the match or shooters under the influence.
    13. Shooters will be divided into 2 Classes: Hunter or Custom.
    <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Rules for Hunter Class</span></span>
    No factory custom guns (Remington 40x, Savage F, Savage Target, Cooper, Christian Arms, Jarrett) etc.
    Must have factory action-barrel with factory stamping.
    Must be .30 cal. or less
    Modifications allowed – bedding, triggers adjustable or replacement and recrowning of barrel.
    Max barrel diameter of .990 and length of 26 inch.
    No limit on sights.
    Hand loads are allowed and encouraged.
    No one piece rest or vices.
    Sporterized military rifle’s barrel diameter can’t exceed .670
    <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Open Class rules</span></span>
    .30 cal or less
    No rail guns or return to battery.
    No one piece rest or vices.
    No limit on sights

So far i have 13 shooters confirmed. Herb is also getting a list together from another sight.

Info sent <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chaz9185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pm sent </div></div>

ok some have ask if the weather wont permint the match on the 21st and we have to set another date if you cant make it on the next date you will get your money back. Im new at this guys and its a charity match. Read the rules and if you have any input let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tarzan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for this i will bring a raincoat </div></div>

My rifle is a tool, no worries with it or me getting wet. I'll ask my boss Monday if I can take off for the third Sunday. I might shoot this with the Ruger M77 if it doesn't sell by then. Still going to bring the M40 though just for giggles.

Sounds good Leslie, We all sent checks out yesterday and today, so you should have them on Tuesday. We will see you then.

Ok ive hadlots of Pms about this match. But not many phone calls. Unless i have a phone call confirming your entry fee is on the way. Your not sighn up. Were almost full. if you want to shoot in this call me. 940-366-1669

Make the phone call as directed!!! I just called and now sending PM for payment info. I'm in. Thanks for the effort Lesley.

I am not shooting this match. However, I am sending my entry fee to Kent today to help with his son. If you can't make it, but would still like to send your entry fee to him anyway, PM me for his address.

i'll check my calender, i'm pretty sure i could make this event.