• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

possibly joining marine corps

Re: possibly joining marine corps

OP,

Do whatever you want man. I'm 27, a father of 3, and I just EAS'd from the Marine Corps 2 months ago. I have to tell you though, throughout my entire life, I have questioned many things, but I've never questioned being a Marine and being a grunt. Of course, the proudest thing has always been a father and a husband, but being a Marine infantryman will change you.

Semper Fi, and good luck.

(0351)

Re: possibly joining marine corps

I wanted to be a MARINE. Period. Not an airman, soldier or sailor, but a MARINE. So I joined the Marine Corps. I aced the ASVAB, have a high IQ, college degree etc., but if I was going to join the military, I wanted to do military shit...shoot guns, blow shit up, jump out of helicopters and kill people. Why the fuck would I join the MARINES to shuffle paper, or fix trucks? I went 0311.

It's hard, but I didn't do it because it was easy, but because it was hard. If you do go grunt, PT your ass off and try out for your BN sniper platoon or go Recon. That's where all the fun is. It's like that old USMC recruiting poster "We don't offer you a rose garden."

If all you're interested in is a skill to take to civilian life afterwards, then go be a sailor or soldier or airman. You can get skills in the Marines too. If you want to be a Marine, the join the Corps. Once you earn that title, no one can EVER take it from you.

Good luck!