• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

Still some various powders available at the hodgdon site. I saw at least IMR 4350 and 4198

Don't be sad

Edit: Hey, I know it sucks, but have some perspective. We spent the last two years struggling to get table scraps of powder and primers, the latter of which were almost non-existent for 2021. Now we're starting to see a steady flow of both. Yeah, it still sucks that it's not like it was even a few years ago, but life's hard: wear a helmet.

Last edited:
I lucked into some TAC and CFE223 from PV today. Shockingly both #8 were in stock at the same time. Rare but it happens so keep on checking them

Reactions: Edgecrusher

Reactions: GMZ
They still have 8# jugs after 23 minutes. The shortage must be over🤣

Reactions: HolmesDefense
So, not powder but loaded ammo. I back ordered 5 cases Berger 6.5 CM, 140 gr Hybrid Target ammo with Creedmoor Sports.....Nov of 2020!!

I was all prepared to joke with their CS manager this coming Nov about hitting the two year mark but son of a gun....they shipped this past week (oh yeah, surprise CC hit but glad to get this stuff). 18 months.

Now I love Creedmoor Sports. Great outfit, great CS. But they simply have gotten pretty much zero of this ammo over the past couple of years from Berger. Also, rather impossible to find .264 140 gr HT bullets.

Not sure what Berger is making these days, but .264 140 HT doesn't seem to be at the top of the list. I asked them about this last Feb and they said that the 140 HT bullets were not even yet on their build list and they were still finishing off hunting bullets!! Now, they did share with me a fact that has impacted their production....it has to do with a c urrent capacity expansion. But after telling me, they went "ooops" and came back to me and asked me not to share this info which of course I will respect. But, hopefully Berger will become more available over the next year.

I should prob open another BO with CS now...but I dont know if I will live long enough to receive! haha

Cheers

Reactions: cooper_257
So, not powder but loaded ammo. I back ordered 5 cases Berger 6.5 CM, 140 gr Hybrid Target ammo with Creedmoor Sports.....Nov of 2020!!

I was all prepared to joke with their CS manager this coming Nov about hitting the two year mark but son of a gun....they shipped this past week (oh yeah, surprise CC hit but glad to get this stuff). 18 months.

Now I love Creedmoor Sports. Great outfit, great CS. But they simply have gotten pretty much zero of this ammo over the past couple of years from Berger. Also, rather impossible to find .264 140 gr HT bullets.

Not sure what Berger is making these days, but .264 140 HT doesn't seem to be at the top of the list. I asked them about this last Feb and they said that the 140 HT bullets were not even yet on their build list and they were still finishing off hunting bullets!! Now, they did share with me a fact that has impacted their production....it has to do with a c urrent capacity expansion. But after telling me, they went "ooops" and came back to me and asked me not to share this info which of course I will respect. But, hopefully Berger will become more available over the next year.

I should prob open another BO with CS now...but I dont know if I will live long enough to receive! haha

Cheers
It seems to me that Berger has lately focused on hunting rounds like their 156 Elite Hunter for the .264 caliber's. I'll be that as hunting season winds down we'll see a lot more of those 140 hybrids. 🤷‍♂️

It seems to me that Berger has lately focused on hunting rounds like their 156 Elite Hunter for the .264 caliber's. I'll be that as hunting season winds down we'll see a lot more of those 140 hybrids. 🤷‍♂️
Well, yeah. But this convo was in late Feb. what hunting season are they still loading for was kind of my point.

Last edited:
Silverdale Washington Sportsman’s has 8# Varget. $366.99. Was one left after I bought one. Get it before I do tomorrow. Seems steep but really only 10% higher than Hodgdon site. Vets discount knocks 5% off

Reactions: Bigrederic
Silverdale Washington Sportsman’s has 8# Varget. $366.99. Was one left after I bought one. Get it before I do tomorrow. Seems steep but really only 10% higher than Hodgdon site. Vets discount knocks 5% off
Without clogging this great thread up with banter, if you can find out their wholesale cost on that 8# I would greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: vlamgat
Someone was looking for 50 cal primers a while ago

Reactions: HolmesDefense
Persistence pays off - after 2 years of trying to get an RL33 8# I played the PV refresh, try again rodeo for 45 minutes and it worked.
So they sold out and then put a little more out and you nabbed it? Is that common with these online dealers? I’ve missed every single Retumbo sighting and is frustrating as hell.